Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#17498919 08/09/22
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Are CCI small rifle primers still available in the plastic strips that used an RCBS hand priming tool designed for them?

Man and man's best friend still looking at the green side of sod.
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Trying to find primers is a job in itself. Let alone in the plastic strips. I have not seen any anyplace. Good luck. Majority of our gun club are shooting .22 lr because small pistol primers are so hard to find.

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
I bought some in 2020 before PH Brass and Bullets burned in Johnson City, TN. I have the loaded as well. Beats the hell out of the squeezer.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
If you have the primers… I have a bunch of the plastic strips! A long while back, that was all my Buddy’s LGS had for small pistol primers. So he bought them and popped the primers out of the strips to use in my hand primer so we could load him some ammo. (I know this wasn’t ideal..but it was during one of those times where primers where very few and definitely far between, so we made it work.)

I don’t know if they could be loaded up again, but I don’t see why they couldn’t!

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by iShoot17
If you have the primers… I have a bunch of the plastic strips! A long while back, that was all my Buddy’s LGS had for small pistol primers. So he bought them and popped the primers out of the strips to use in my hand primer so we could load him some ammo. (I know this wasn’t ideal..but it was during one of those times where primers where very few and definitely far between, so we made it work.)

I don’t know if they could be loaded up again, but I don’t see why they couldn’t!
Yeah the strips can be loaded again I even have a little device from RCBS to make the job a lot easier.

IC B2

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A friend gave me a bunch of the strips loaded with small rifle primers and loaned me the hand primer tool to use with them. Appears to be a well designed tool easy to use.

Man and man's best friend still looking at the green side of sod.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have the hand tool but not the bench top unit.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MickinColo

Oh goody, with that you get to load them twice!😜

Just funnin’…..

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Oh goody, with that you get to load them twice!😜

Just funnin’…..

smile

Because of the arthritis in my hands I don't use the APS hand tool or the regular priming tool. I use the bench tool anymore. When I did use it, I loaded stripes 5 or 6 times with no problems and still own them.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Primers are non existent down here.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Because of the arthritis in my hands I don't use the APS hand tool or the regular priming tool. I use the bench tool anymore. When I did use it, I loaded stripes 5 or 6 times with no problems and still own them.

Same here, for the same reason. It's not quite as convenient as the RCBS and Lee hand priming units, but it is much less strain on old aching hands.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hanco

I don’t even look when I go to the store. Don’t need any, may never need any, so I don’t want to tempt myself to be one of those Boomer-Hoarders.

It’s a natural urge to glom onto stuff you might need; reflects my depression-era parentage, I think. When I was still working, any little odd bits of hardware; nuts, bolts washers, tie-wraps etc I encountered went in my pocket for “someday”. That stuff has saved my bacon a number of times.

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by RiverRider

Same here, for the same reason. It's not quite as convenient as the RCBS and Lee hand priming units, but it is much less strain on old aching hands.
I just use my press mounted priming set up. I see primers here, but prices are all over the place. Scheels had some rem 7.5's a while back for $75/1000. Another shop had cci 450's for $85, br4's for $135. The local shop has them for $200/1000. I told them their prices are way too high yesterday. The guy behind the counter agreed. Thankfully I don't have to buy any for a while

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

how did you sneak in my shed, and take that picture?

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Was that at Scheels by chance ???????
That is exactly the same price and same amount I saw there last Thursday........glad I didn't need any !!!!!!

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J

What, no LRP.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
seeing that stack of primers on the shelf just makes me wonder how it is that one area in the country is loaded and other areas, like around here, if you find any primers on the shelf they limit you to two trays of 100, at about that same price.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by boatanchor

Was that at Scheels by chance ???????
That is exactly the same price and same amount I saw there last Thursday........glad I didn't need any !!!!!!

Yep. In Reno. They had Rem 7 1/2's for $75/brick a couple months ago. 5,000 primer limit. There's another place that has them for less money. Just posting the pic because Scheels had quite a bit and people are saying they can't find any.

BSA MAGA

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 16penny, 17CalFan, 63 invisible), 2,530 guests, and 1,178 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,221
Posts18,466,442
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.