Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Had to do a few Psych tests working in a nuke plant, the first one was really weird, kinda felt like I needed a shower after it was done.

I figured they were gonna send me on my way but never even heard anything from it.

BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
the power is in the hands of the folks that get to define the terms.

Sam......

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Probably more suited for politics.

Bb

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Just another way to dox the police.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Keep in mind fellas that Deputy Devin Williams is of African descent, a group I am told, that has poor impulse control. Just reporting the facts.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What? These guys believe in the Constitution?

I didn't read the story.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Are those officers going to be medically retired due to ptsd?

Here's a fact, most cops that have been actually working the street (not staff positions or hiding in specialties) would probably fail psychological evaluation because they have post traumatic stress. Their sleep sucks, they develop chemical dependency (alcohol related), etc, etc.

Why? Because unlike the military they aren't deployed for 6 or 8 months, they are deployed 40-60hrs a week 49 weeks a year, every year for 15-20yrs. Between the car chases, foot pursuits, dead bodies, murders, car crashes, etc that stuff adds up. But nobody is willing to acknowledge the effect the job has on people, because that would cost money.

How many dead bodies do you have to see melted into the carpet to phugg you up mentally? Or people hanging from a rope? Or kids ejected from a car and smushed by said car?

Nobody knows and nobody cares. All azzholes want to do is call them cowards when the reality is they don't have the stones to see that schiet

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 09/28/22.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

Here's a fact, most cops that have been actually working the street (not staff positions or hiding in specialties) would probably fail psychological evaluation because they have post traumatic stress. Their sleep sucks, they develop chemical dependency (alcohol related), etc, etc.

Why? Because unlike the military they aren't deployed for 6 or 8 months, they are deployed 40-60hrs a week 49 weeks a year, every year for 15-20yrs. Between the car chases, foot pursuits, dead bodies, murders, car crashes, etc that stuff adds up. But nobody is willing to acknowledge the effect the job has on people, because that would cost money.

How many dead bodies do you have to see melted into the carpet to phugg you up mentally? Or people hanging from a rope? Or kids ejected from a car and smushed by said car?

Nobody knows and nobody cares. All azzholes want to do is call them cowards when the reality is they don't have the stones to see that schiet
No one makes you be a Cop.I had 4 Uncles on The MPF .They all advised me to be a Cop.Otherwise I would have to get a real job.Their rules:A beat cop is never cold,hungry,broke or tired.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Same thing happened here. Then we realized there was a coincidence….if you were a veteran, you got a substandard rating. Hired a different psych doc, all was well again.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
While making $40k/yr, $75k-100 if a northern Statie.

We treat Officers, Teachers, and those that give even more up defending our way of life as worth less than your average Admin Asst. Then wonder why things are so broken. Measure what you want and get the results you want.

Sadly, no one here wants to pay $2k/mos for taxes to truly compensate because all the skimming/corruption involved should go away to pay those salaries out of current taxes.

Like hitting that same pole with a bigger bat thinking you’ll get a better outcome.

Across industries/walks of life I’m privileged to see there’s a common thread sadly.

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Huntz
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

No one makes you be a Cop.I had 4 Uncles on The MPF .They all advised me to be a Cop.Otherwise I would have to get a real job.Their rules:A beat cop is never cold,hungry,broke or tired.

Yep, many relatives told me being the king of heap at place like Johns/Manville was life’s answer too. Sure, if your a lifer. Changed paradigms and amazing how many of their elite count me as a success story.

I don’t recall any encouraging me to leave. In fact, all told me how hard reality was outside their big brown Kraft paper walls.

Regret it 0 and the old timers treat my life like a fairytale. The one who got out and challenged it all.

Honestly, probably die on Slummies trailer deck trying to get by but nothing easy about the hard road. I refer to my last statement. We ascribe value to all the wrong things.

Last edited by gremcat; 09/28/22.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
Same thing happened here. Then we realized there was a coincidence….if you were a veteran, you got a substandard rating. Hired a different psych doc, all was well again.
The Woke mind set is well represented among "shrinks". There are some genuine, good ones; ya just gotta find'em.

Not too unlike pediatricians, some known to ask if there are any "guns in the home". When presented with that question, doctor shop until you find one who doesn't ask stupid, woke questions.

Pediatrics may be one of the most woke, liberal specialties in medicine. Not all, just a bunch. Find the good ones, don't use those woke leaning ones. Let'em practice their stuff on others.

DF

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Psychology is not a science.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Why 10% all at once. I doubt 10% suddenly "went crazy".

Last edited by OldHat; 10/06/22.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Having been a combat Vietnam veteran AND a Federal/state agent, I have noticed some peculiar changes.

First, LawEnf administrators hire psychs to be "yes men" like themselves.
IOW: Those who can , do. Those who can't -Teach. Those that can do neither: administrate poorly.

Trust no one and keep your vest on.
Only NY has forgotten that allowing recidivists out
on the streets results in dead citizens. Stop and frisk enforcement works: repeat offenders stop offending when shot.

Capital punishment works: On a case-by-case basis. Death or life w/o parole solves the recidivism problem. Especially for the woke mope arrested and convicted.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena-not the critic"-T. Roosevelt
There are no atheists in fox holes or in the open doors of a para's aircraft.....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I wonder what tests they are using, MMPI, CPI? We are required to give our officers that test, but if they fail, its a judgment call (on me) to retain or not. Like McKay says, purely arbitrary and FAR from an exact science.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by OldHat
Those guys would take issue with that.

But, a lot of it is subjective, even though they've gone to great lengths to make testing and diagnostic criteria more objective, it's still has a lot to do with interpretation.

The DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual) tries hard to set objective criteria for a diagnosis.

But, your point well taken, it's not Physics.

DF

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
They will have a 100% pass rate on the retest. Guaranteed.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I wonder what tests they are using, MMPI, CPI? We are required to give our officers that test, but if they fail, its a judgment call (on me) to retain or not. Like McKay says, purely arbitrary and FAR from an exact science.
MMPI (Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory) is a very old one with years of upgrades. It’s considered one of the best. CIA and others use it. Still needs data interpreted by a shrink.

DF

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by OldHat
Those guys would take issue with that.

But, a lot of it is subjective, even though they've gone to great lengths to make testing and diagnostic criteria more objective, it's still has a lot to do with interpretation.

The DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual) tries hard to set objective criteria for a diagnosis.

But, your point well taken, it's not Physics.

DF
Lots of open ended questions that are open to interpretation which is probably the point.

My sons mom and I went through a bitter breakup. Allegations went back and fourth, I believe that’s the test that we both took.

I remember one question being something like “you’re waking past a tall building and someone drops a brick that nearly hits you, how would you respond?” No context to how they dropped it. Was it a careless accident, a bizarre accident out of the persons control, or intentional? Just “how would you respond” It was multiple choice only, so without context circling an answer was a pure guess as to how or why it happened and none were how I would have responded in real life.

It was all based on going up and confronting the person that dropped the brick. In the real world I would have looked up and probably said WTF?! The person that dropped it would have had an oh sh1t that was an accident look on their face, said that it was an accident and that would have been it. I’d go about my day to wherever I was walking to. That wasn’t a choice on the test.

I passed with a clean bill of mental health… probably an indictment on the test😂

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
635 members (007FJ, 257Bob, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 1234, 66 invisible), 2,788 guests, and 1,416 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,655
Posts18,399,237
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.