Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
catguy3 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I am not sure how I did this, but the bolt is now “stuck” and cannot be lifted out of the in-battery position. When I inserted the bolt into the receiver, I heard a click and both the cocking piece and safety came loose at the same time. I have never reefed on anything so I doubt if anything is broken.

 I am not sure that I had the safety in the upright position when I inserted the bolt
 bolt sleeve plunger’s pin is now all the way to the rear of the bolt sleeve, photo 1, should it be in this position?
 extractor is in its correct position over the safety lug to pull the bolt out
 sleeve is in the correct position, too, as far as I can tell, to pull the bolt out, photo 2
 safety just “freewheels” in its slot and can be easily pulled out to the rear except when I push it to the far left side where it cannot be pulled rearward
 bolt release mechanism seems to operate just as before, photo 3

What can I do to get the bolt to lift and retract the bolt?

[img]https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuU3qN7_y-eIkd0h1M6LkBIFtsQu9Q[/img]
[img]https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuU3qN7_y-eIkd0g77Tivty0ZEOAtg[/img]
[img]https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuU3qN7_y-eIkd0f7TBfPbhbAPm-fw[/img]

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
catguy3;
Good afternoon to you sir, welcome to the 'Fire from north of the medicine line.

Going off of a foggy old guy's memory, I know I've been here before.

Is the trigger out?

If the trigger and the cocking piece are incompatible that happens sometimes.

The military ones have a dip in the middle and the commercial ones - cocking pieces - are flat on the bottom. If I'm remembering correctly this happened to me on a build way back in the day and taking out the trigger at least let me remove the bolt.

If someone else with more experience gives you a more concise answer, please go with their recommendations.

Hope that made sense and was useful and again welcome.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

z1r Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wrap a shoestring around the ass end of the firing pin, preferably in one of the grooves. Pull back the FP, then open the bolt. You might need an assistant or a padded vice to clamp the barrel into.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Did that work?

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
After market trigger?

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
I can’t see any of your picks. Is this a military or commercial Mauser?

Okay, I just read that and it sounds like a military model. From your description I would say that the safety broke off and the and the cut out…plunger…whatever you want to call it is in bolt lock position. The cocking piece will be on it so, it’s going to be under a bit of tension. Take out the safety. Pull back on the cocking piece with whatever is handy to relieve the tension and point the muzzle to the sky and shake and bang around on the rifle enough for it to fall out. You might have to try to get in the hole for the safety and try to turn it…with non tension on it, of course.

There is a recess in the back of the boot that mates to the end of the safety arm.

Last edited by JoeBob; 09/28/22.
z1r Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I can’t see any of your picks. Is this a military or commercial Mauser?

Okay, I just read that and it sounds like a military model. From your description I would say that the safety broke off and the and the cut out…plunger…whatever you want to call it is in bolt lock position. The cocking piece will be on it so, it’s going to be under a bit of tension. Take out the safety. Pull back on the cocking piece with whatever is handy to relieve the tension and point the muzzle to the sky and shake and bang around on the rifle enough for it to fall out. You might have to try to get in the hole for the safety and try to turn it…with non tension on it, of course.

There is a recess in the back of the boot that mates to the end of the safety arm.

The answer to the problem was given on the 18th. Pretty simple. That and the OP hasn't been back on the forum since the 19th.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

703 members (160user, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 66 invisible), 3,140 guests, and 1,358 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,581
Posts18,454,119
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.