Print Thread
Hop To
T
TomM1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
For those of you who use Hornady One-Shot or other spray on lubes before FL resizing, do you still brush the inside of the case neck? Or call it good with whatever spray over residue gets in there?

Stuck in airports, Terrorized
Sent to meetings, Hypnotized
Over-exposed, Commercialized
Handle me with Care...
-Traveling Wilbury's
HR IC

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't use aerosol or spray case lubes, but on new brass I lube case mouths with graphite on a brush or necks and mouths with Redding Imperial dry neck lube and their ceramic bead applicator. For sizing, I use regular Imperial lube applied with finger tips. I worry less about mouths on fired brass, if it hasn't been cleaned and retains carbon residue inside the case mouth so long as runout remains very minimal and seating depth is consistent.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One-Shot sprayed onto a Q-tip then twirled inside the neck. Dip every 2nd or 3rd case into some powdered graphite.

Much prefer the Body Die + Collet Die approach, so I don't have to go thru this BS.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by kingston
I don't use aerosol or spray case lubes, but on new brass I lube case mouths with graphite on a brush or necks and mouths with Redding Imperial dry neck lube and their ceramic bead applicator. For sizing, I use regular Imperial lube applied with finger tips. I worry less about mouths on fired brass, if it hasn't been cleaned and retains carbon residue inside the case mouth so long as runout remains very minimal and seating depth is consistent.

Good post. We all know we all have different routines. I personally only use graphite on a brush for application into the necks of the cases on my new die sets. I also polish the expander ball on my new die sets as well. If at any time I feel the expander dragging through the necks with too much resistance, I'll re-polish and treat with graphite again. Otherwise it is unnecessary. I rarely use it. I also don't use Hornady one shot for sizing, but it works damn well for release agent when I'm glass bedding my new to me rifles. As with anything reloading related, KISS... That is my motto. Anything you do that is unnecessary and excessively wastes time and affects efficiency is called being stupid. I don't like stupid.. Some of you guys do.. Keep schidt simple, keep it consistent and load accurate ammo. If you are not loading very accurate ammo in a short amount of time, you are doing something wrong..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Graphite necks and Queen Helene, a cheap women's lotion containing lanolin and cocoa butter, on the case body, applied by rolling cases lightly on a piece of saturated foam. Wipe cases with a paper towel after sizing. Works like a top.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by kingston

Good post. We all know we all have different routines. I personally only use graphite on a brush for application into the necks of the cases on my new die sets. I also polish the expander ball on my new die sets as well. If at any time I feel the expander dragging through the necks with too much resistance, I'll re-polish and treat with graphite again. Otherwise it is unnecessary. I rarely use it. I also don't use Hornady one shot for sizing, but it works damn well for release agent when I'm glass bedding my new to me rifles. As with anything reloading related, KISS... That is my motto. Anything you do that is unnecessary and excessively wastes time and affects efficiency is called being stupid. I don't like stupid.. Some of you guys do.. Keep schidt simple, keep it consistent and load accurate ammo. If you are not loading very accurate ammo in a short amount of time, you are doing something wrong..

Ha, sometimes when you are seeing an issue on target or performance then going out of the norm and doing unnecessary sh*t is warranted. Also unnecessary sh*t can be easier than coming on here, asking a simple question and seeing that simple question turned into a sh*t show while never getting a simple answer or being called or have it inferred that you are stupid. BTDT.

Swifty
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a RCBS handle that I screw a bore mop on.Then I put about a quarter inch of powdered graphite in a tall medicine bottle.I had to cut a hole in the lid because the brush and handle was a little long.I works great for lubing the inside of the necks,
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by MuskegMan
One-Shot sprayed onto a Q-tip then twirled inside the neck. Dip every 2nd or 3rd case into some powdered graphite.

Much prefer the Body Die + Collet Die approach, so I don't have to go thru this BS.

+1

B
B
I use the Imperial wax on the lower half of the cases. Put a very little on my fingertips every 2-3 cases, then rub it on the bottom half of the cases. Then I dip the case neck in the Imperial media beads that has dry graphite powder in it. This combo does a great job, doesn’t gummy up the dies, and the cases never get stuck.

https://www.redding-reloading.com/online-catalog/79-imperial-lubricants

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
671 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 10ring1, 12308300, 74 invisible), 2,746 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,644
Posts18,399,051
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.