Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I don't care if a dog is running deer I won't shoot them for that. In fact it's illegal to do so here. Very rarely will a dog catch a deer or run it to exhaustion or death.. You can legally shoot them for harassing or killing livestock.
Several years ago there were 3 dogs frequenting my place that killed every fawn born that year. To understand the problem I would have to show you an aerial photo or take you for a ride around. There are 70 acres adjoining me that has about 7 or 8 trailer houses of black folks that have dogs which used to run amok, they were bad dogs. One of the 3 dogs was a big solid black and I have never seen a dog that could chase a deer that fast. He had 2 white dog companions almost as fast that would come in behind him. One day after carrying my rifle all day looking for him to show up I finally climbed up in a box stand at about 4:30 to try for a deer. A doe came streaking through at top speed, then the black dog so fast I couldn't get a shot. I had been trying to get a shot on him for a month after getting lots of pictures and finding several half eaten fawns. I called the state trapper for advice. He told be to set a big Conibear body grip trap with the trigger on bottom and to tie some red raw meat to the trigger which is what I did, and I had him the next morning dead as a hammer. Then I caught one of the white ones and the other was put into captivity by the owners.

As for that Husky the girl killed. They are bad dogs out in the country also. My neighbor to the north had 2 calves killed by a mama Husky/Pit hybrid and her 4 big pups about 8 to 10 months old. He made the mistake of complaining to the keeper of the dogs and was rebuffed. He went and climbed up in a nearby box blind and when they returned he shot the mama dog first and then shot all 4 of the young dogs.

Dogs will certainly kill deer and calves. I think for the most part we have convinced the black folks their dogs ain't comin' home if they come our way. We bought our place with our own money to raise cattle and hunt not to provide entertainment and beef and venison for bad dogs.
I've seen dogs chase deer dozens of times. Only once did one of my coon hounds catch up to a doe. When he did she apparently landed a good kick as he yelped and came running back with his tail between his legs. I've witnessed beagles chasing deer many times and watched the deer circle and wait, watching and listening until the dogs caught up before taking off again. The dogs never caught up and eventually give up the chase. I know dogs will occasionally catch and kill deer but it's rare. Mostly happens on deep crusted snow which I doubt you get much of in the South. It's funny you have so many feral dogs/packs running around down there. We rarely have them here. Strays yes, ferals no. Coyotes kill far more fawns than dogs do around here but there's always been plenty of deer.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't care if a dog is running deer I won't shoot them for that. In fact it's illegal to do so here. Very rarely will a dog catch a deer or run it to exhaustion or death.. You can legally shoot them for harassing or killing livestock.
Several years ago there were 3 dogs frequenting my place that killed every fawn born that year. To understand the problem I would have to show you an aerial photo or take you for a ride around. There are 70 acres adjoining me that has about 7 or 8 trailer houses of black folks that have dogs which used to run amok, they were bad dogs. One of the 3 dogs was a big solid black and I have never seen a dog that could chase a deer that fast. He had 2 white dog companions almost as fast that would come in behind him. One day after carrying my rifle all day looking for him to show up I finally climbed up in a box stand at about 4:30 to try for a deer. A doe came streaking through at top speed, then the black dog so fast I couldn't get a shot. I had been trying to get a shot on him for a month after getting lots of pictures and finding several half eaten fawns. I called the state trapper for advice. He told be to set a big Conibear body grip trap with the trigger on bottom and to tie some red raw meat to the trigger which is what I did, and I had him the next morning dead as a hammer. Then I caught one of the white ones and the other was put into captivity by the owners.

As for that Husky the girl killed. They are bad dogs out in the country also. My neighbor to the north had 2 calves killed by a mama Husky/Pit hybrid and her 4 big pups about 8 to 10 months old. He made the mistake of complaining to the keeper of the dogs and was rebuffed. He went and climbed up in a nearby box blind and when they returned he shot the mama dog first and then shot all 4 of the young dogs.

Dogs will certainly kill deer and calves. I think for the most part we have convinced the black folks their dogs ain't comin' home if they come our way. We bought our place with our own money to raise cattle and hunt not to provide entertainment and beef and venison for bad dogs.
I've seen dogs chase deer dozens of times. Only once did one of my coon hounds catch up to a doe. When he did she apparently landed a good kick as he yelped and came running back with his tail between his legs. I've witnessed beagles chasing deer many times and watched the deer circle and wait, watching and listening until till the dogs caught up before taking off again. I know dogs will occasionally catch and kill deer but it's rare. Mostly happens on deep crusted snow which I doubt you get much of in the South. It's funny you have so many feral dogs/packs running around down there. We rarely have them here and coyotes kill far more fawns than dogs do.
You probably don't live in close proximity to blacks, meth head white trash, or an Indian Reservation. They love big bad dogs.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Nope, wouldn't live in a place like that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I've seen dogs chase deer dozens of times. Only once did one of my coon hounds catch up to a doe. When he did she apparently landed a good kick as he yelped and came running back with his tail between his legs. I've witnessed beagles chasing deer many times and watched the deer circle and wait, watching and listening until till the dogs caught up before taking off again. I know dogs will occasionally catch and kill deer but it's rare. Mostly happens on deep crusted snow which I doubt you get much of in the South. It's funny you have so many feral dogs/packs running around down there. We rarely have them here and coyotes kill far more fawns than dogs do.
You probably don't live in close proximity to blacks, meth head white trash, or an Indian Reservation. They love big bad dogs.

This may also explain my point of view.... we have non of the above... I rarely see a loose dog and if I do it's somebodies pet that got loose.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I had an old friend once now deceased that murdered two huskies that killed his granddaughters show sheep. He liven in the country and the owners lived across the road. They let those dogs run free. He disposed of the remains. They put up reward signs but never found them.
Dogs can be destructive especially in a pack. One roaming around in the wild is at jeopardy.

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I don't care if a dog is running deer I won't shoot them for that. In fact it's illegal to do so here. Very rarely will a dog catch a deer or run it to exhau

Key word in Hasting's post stion or death.. You can legally shoot them for harassing or killing livestock.

I've seen dogs chase deer dozens of times. Only once did one of my coon hounds catch up to a doe. When he did she apparently landed a good kick as he yelped and came running back with his tail between his legs. I've witnessed beagles chasing deer many times and watched the deer circle and wait, watching and listening until the dogs caught up before taking off again. The dogs never caught up and eventually give up the chase. I know dogs will occasionally catch and kill deer but it's rare. Mostly happens on deep crusted snow which I doubt you get much of in the South. It's funny you have so many feral dogs/packs running around down there. We rarely have them here. Strays yes, ferals no. Coyotes kill far more fawns than dogs do around here but there's always been plenty of deer.

Key word in Hasting's post = "fawns."

A wise man is frequently humbled.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by UpThePole
Owners who let any domestic predator run wild should not be surprised when it ends up shot.

Back in my Ute, almost every woodchuck hunt resulted in killing one or more feral cats.

Some were bigger that BobCats.

Many wild dog packs were culled during deer season.

Just 4 legged versions of Jambonies in the inner city,

Yeah right.

What, you've never seen a "domestic predator?"

We used to have one, he was relentless. Golden retriever, patrolled the premises and if he ever so much as got wind of a stray hot dog or ice cream cone, it was toast.

Little kids with hot dogs or ice cream cones were kind of a specialty for him. Snatch the goods right out of their grubby little fingers.
He may have been just indicating a lack of belief in anything Larry Root says.

Nah. Wonder if Rene is indicating that UpThePole idiot is just another Maser / NoElkSlayer/ Jason Cardenas sock puppet.
Huhh?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Owners who let any domestic predator run wild should not be surprised when it ends up shot.

Back in my Ute, almost every woodchuck hunt resulted in killing one or more feral cats.

Yeah right.

We used to have one, he was relentless. Golden retriever, patrolled the premises and if he ever so much as got wind of a stray hot dog or ice cream cone, it was toast.

Little kids with hot dogs or ice cream cones were kind of a specialty for him. Snatch the goods right out of their grubby little fingers.

Well, so was I but I did it with more panache. That's what Conrad needs, more panache.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by irfubar

This may also explain my point of view.... we have non of the above... I rarely see a loose dog and if I do it's somebodies pet that got loose.
My neighbors down the road let their dogs run loose all the time. They come up here and play with our dogs out in the yard regularly. I've seen them in the woods out back here many times while out hunting. I've never seen them chasing deer. If they cut my track they'll follow nose to the ground, come right up tails wagging and wanting to be petted. At that point I may as well go home because they'll follow me around wherever I go. I'd never dream of shooting one.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rainshot
I had an old friend once now deceased that murdered two huskies that killed his granddaughters show sheep. He liven in the country and the owners lived across the road. They let those dogs run free. He disposed of the remains. They put up reward signs but never found them.
Dogs can be destructive especially in a pack. One roaming around in the wild is at jeopardy.
My neighbors Rottweiler came over and killed my 11 year old daughter's 4H show goats that she had put a lot of work into. This happened about 2 weeks before the fair. They wouldn't pay and I never got the chance to kill the dog. A couple of years later their dogs were killing our chickens one day when I wasn't home. My daughter took her .243 out there and shot them with the neighbor lady watching, but she swore she saw me do it.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
From time immemorial, they've knocked the _ick off the dumb ones.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Yeah right.

Well, so was I but I did it with more panache. That's what Conrad needs, more panache.
Panache is an excellent attribute.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Ain’t no different then them folks coming down here and shootin’ some ol ranchers big ol’ rambouillet ram.

On purpose.

Or them folks shootin’ "wild cave goats" over there around Garner state park on the private land!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Geezzzzz

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've wondered if the Cain and Abel problem didn't stem from a dog versus livestock issue. Cain was a crop farmer and Abel was a herder. Maybe Cain's dogs got into Abel's sheep when they were in Cain's crop. I believe Cain and Abel were tribes and there was a pretty good sized fracas.

I used to have an old lawyer friend (now deceased) in Winnfield Louisiana. He said every murder case in Winn Parish involved hogs, dogs, money ,or women with the hogs and dogs being by far the primary cause.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Dogs kill more people in Alabama than any other animal. We kill wild dogs and coyotes when out deer hunting. If a dog has a collar, we try to call him up and call the owner or fond out through his rabies tag. If no collar, he is gone. I know of my cousins friend who was attacked by 3 wild dogs that were chasing a deer during turkey season. He shot the lead dog with turkey shot and the other scattered, and he got out of the woods. He was shaking when he got back to the truck, and he was a cop. I have seen a fawn shread to pieces by wild dogs or coyotes.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
Dogs kill more people in Alabama than any other animal. We kill wild dogs and coyotes when out deer hunting. If a dog has a collar, we try to call him up and call the owner or fond out through his rabies tag. If no collar, he is gone. I know of my cousins friend who was attacked by 3 wild dogs that were chasing a deer during turkey season. He shot the lead dog with turkey shot and the other scattered, and he got out of the woods. He was shaking when he got back to the truck, and he was a cop. I have seen a fawn shread to pieces by wild dogs or coyotes.
Yeah, you're only allowed an antlerless deer a day for months on end plus 3 bucks a season. Sounds like the dogs and coyotes are just decimating your herd.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

Yeah right.

I likes em with syrup.

I am MAGA.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Blackheart, a fawn is not the same as a deer. A dog can run a fawn down in a couple of minutes. I don't plant 50+ acres for the wildlife twice a year, feed 25+ tons of corn and allow no one to walk in the woods so dogs can chase the deer off my property. It ain't going to happen no matter what the law says or people think.

Life is good live it while you can.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Fugg these people in the fugging neck.

I am over having to apologize for every fugging thing the antis or the left doesn't like.

Before long you will have to pixelate a dead animal.

Oh no....the eyes popped out of the coyote you shot in the head?

Can't post it!

Oh no! You blew the brains out the ass of that gophers?

That's gonna look bad for us!

Oh no! You canoed that does head with a 110 grain BTip out of your 300 win mag?

You bastard!

You janers think there is a limit to what someone finds offensive? Nope.

What about the time we were killing our bunnies and Young Daniel chased his mom around with a still beating rabbit heart?

#canceled

Head to an art museum if this shìt bothers you.

I am MAGA.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Yeah right.

I likes em with syrup.
Buttermilk panache are my favorite.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

584 members (12344mag, 160user, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 22magnut, 64 invisible), 2,119 guests, and 1,294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,296
Posts18,449,007
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.