Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
KillerBee;
Good afternoon sir, I hope you're getting weather you can use out in Edmonton and all in your world are well.

Thanks for the photo of the BSA, I appreciate it.

As mentioned way back in the day I looked at a .270 BSA and I want to say it looked like that? That is to say a decent but plain walnut stock, not all that different from the Remington 721/722 series of rifles had.

If I'm able to find those elk again and if I get lucky enough to find one with 6 points on one side, I'll do my best to get some sort of photo of it for sure. I must warn you that although I enjoy hunting elk a lot, it's been years since I've so much as seen one in the flesh out here, so be forewarned for failure to kill one on my part - again this season. wink grin

Back in the day we used to be reasonably successful at filling our mulie buck tags every year and whitetail bucks when the populations were up as well. The mulie and whitetail subspecies and genetics here don't produce either the large bodies or outsized antlers that the prairie ones do, but we have fun chasing them just the same.

Our local moose herd went from seeing the very odd one every few years to a LEH hunt, to a short immature bull season in September just post rut. Then the populations slid back again and they've kept the immature season, but moved it into November so the locals are tougher to locate then. Again I'll buy a tag most years but it's been a long, long time since I killed a bull. Depending upon whom you ask, we either have smaller Canada moose here or Shiras. I tend to fall into the small Canada moose camp most days, but am not a moose biologist by any stretch so it's just guessing on my part to be sure.

Thanks again for the photo and all the best to you this weekend.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Lots a nice deer in Alberta, here is my best one 203 B&C Typical, a real STUD!

Used to be a TON of mullies where I hunt them shot 3 a year with the old BSA, then the government erradicated them because of CWD, then two bad winters used to see 150 a day!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by KillerBee; 09/29/22.

KB

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

643 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 73 invisible), 2,530 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,687
Posts18,456,421
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.