-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
For me, it would have to be the Geissele Super Duty and the Sig MCX Virtus. Can't go wrong with a PWS either. Daniel Defense is a great rifle but the trigger disappoints in the newer models. They went from a Geissele to milspec. I spent all that money and had to spend another $250 to put a Geissele trigger back in it.

GB1

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Daniel defense makes good rifle

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 79S
So uh let’s say you work at the local landfill, ride a bike for your main mode of transportation. What would recommend for an ar15? I usually have $125-$150 per pay check for play money..

How many pay periods do you have in a year?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sons of Liberty Gun Works.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
While there are lots of good AR's mentioned here, only a few are the "Best".

W/o much doubt, Knight's & LMT are the very top of the heap, now maybe Geiselle has joined their company..............maybe, but not proven over time as with Knight's & LMT.

Behind those are maybe Radian, SOLGW, DD, Noveske, & then, maybe Colt & FN & maybe BCM.

Pretty much everything else, many of which are still very good, still fall below the top tier ones above. Larue is not what it used to be.

YMMV

MM

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

W/o much doubt, Knight's & LMT are the very top of the heap, now maybe Geiselle has joined their company..............maybe, but not proven over time as with Knight's & LMT.

Behind those are maybe Radian, SOLGW, DD, Noveske, & then, maybe Colt & FN & maybe BCM.

Pretty much everything else, many of which are still very good, still fall below the top tier ones above. Larue is not what it used to be.

YMMV

MM

That sums it up quite well. I believe Geiselle , As you stated given time will be right up with your top two.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

YMMV

MM
Would you detail about specifics that make KAC and LMT stand above the rest? Appreciate it.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Here's one to consider, whatever the F it is... BTW, pricetag said $7999.99.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Also today at Brownells there was an LMT 2000?l (iirc) for $1k.

Added

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 10/02/22.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Owned an FN15 that seemed a step from a RRA and a leap up from a Ruger and S&W also. Really should have bought a Colt before the world went crazy, but, a particular offer led me to the FN instead. Lots of interesting stuff mentioned here. If'n I had to get one from a box, at a fair price, I might try SOLGW or BCM.

The FN would be hard to beat if you just want a plain old Milspec Carbine.

If I was buying another “cheap” AR, it would be a PSA.

The best and most accurate AR I’ve ever owned was a Les Baer.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
For defending your life, your family, your Constitution, and your country you owe it to yourself to get a quality rifle. It is your responsibility. Get something tried and true that has been put through its paces by hard-use end-users. Get something from the likes of Colt, Daniel Defense, BCM, LaRue, or Noveske. You don't have to pony up for the Gucci rifles like KAC or Hodge, but they are nice if you can afford them. A good quality white light and red dot or LPVO should be added as well. Good luck!

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
IC B3

J
jdb Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I purchased my first ar this spring. Psa blem. (Can’t find the “blem) put a vx3 hd 1.5x5 on it and it’ll shoot 1.5” groups all day, and functions perfectly. It’ll likely get a new trigger at some point but for 5 bills I’m pleased.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
KAC is good and LMT MRP with enhanced bolt is good if you like the hand guard. The regular M4 type LMT is not in the running.

KAC has a special bolt and barrel extension lockup. They are also gassed right. But they ain’t worth the money they want for them to me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

YMMV

MM
Would you detail about specifics that make KAC and LMT stand above the rest? Appreciate it.

Proven long term reliability, reliability & reliability................oh, did I mention reliability?

MM

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

YMMV

MM

Proven long term reliability, reliability & reliability................oh, did I mention reliability?

MM
Yah, I gathered that. LOL Was wondering about what makes them that way... Taking a deeper look at their offerings... Interesting, very interesting. Going way beyond mil-spec... Thanks for bringing them up.

--- Kid Rock 2022

D
D
DS Arms is a sleeper. Known for their FAL’s, they make a nice AR too.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 1234, 11point, 61 invisible), 3,027 guests, and 1,190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,340
Posts18,468,711
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.