Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#17649889 09/29/22
41rem Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Anyone have one of these updated Browing Hi Powers? My LGS isn't having much success in finding me one.

We deal in lead, friend.
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Was just thinking about them myself. There are several on Gunbroker.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
They had some extraction and safety drift issues.

There is an interesting video by BH Spring Solutions about it. Evidently, the milled slide serations protrude into the milled extractor slot, restricting extractor movement and function. The extractor spring hole needed tl be reamed smooth to allow smooth spring function to apply the needed force to the extractor. Also, the SA 35 extractor width is also about 5% thinner than the Browning HP extractor, further contributing to extraction issues ( less rim grab).

They also discuss an issue with the safety and " operating system" ( safety/sear/hammer"). It can be moved up into the slide to unintentionally lock the slide, preventing racking the slide ( "condition 3" , empty chamber, then trying to load the chamber).

check out he BHSS sa35 evaluation vids.

Hopefully Springfield Armory can correct those issues.

"Behavior accepted is behavior repeated."

"Strive to be underestimated."
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by buttstock
They have some extraction and safety drift issues.

There is an excellent video by BH Spring Solutions about it. Evidently, the milled slide serations protrude into the milled extractor slot, restricting extractor movement and function. The extractor spring hole needed tl be reamed smooth to allow smooth spring function to apply the needed force to the extractor. Also, the SA 35 extractor width is also about 5% thinner than the Browning HP extractor, further contributing to extraction issues ( less rim grab).

There was also an issue with the safety and " operating system" ( safety/sear/hammer"). It can be moved up into the slide to unintentionally lock the slide, preventing racking the slide ( "condition 3" , empty chamber, then trying to load the chamber).

SA should have just used the original blueprint and specs.

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

There is an excellent video by BH Spring Solutions about it. Evidently, the milled slide serations protrude into the milled extractor slot, restricting extractor movement and function. The extractor spring hole needed tl be reamed smooth to allow smooth spring function to apply the needed force to the extractor. Also, the SA 35 extractor width is also about 5% thinner than the Browning HP extractor, further contributing to extraction issues ( less rim grab).

There was also an issue with the safety and " operating system" ( safety/sear/hammer"). It can be moved up into the slide to unintentionally lock the slide, preventing racking the slide ( "condition 3" , empty chamber, then trying to load the chamber).

SA should have just used the original blueprint and specs.
Then it would've been another pos hi-power clone with all the same stupid problems. The hi-power has always been a moron design.
Springfield did it right.

IC B2

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
FORMS OF PAYMENT: You can order your product online using our secure server. We accept;
Google Pay
– Bitcoin
– Zelle
– Cashapp
– Venmo

Really?!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
FORMS OF PAYMENT: You can order your product online using our secure server. We accept;
Google Pay
– Bitcoin
– Zelle
– Cashapp
– Venmo

Really?!

I didn't have to read that far fir my scam radar to light up.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

As much as I want to believe that BHSS knows their stuff, I think you should take their issue with the safety with a grain of salt, since they seem to want to sell us on putting the SFS in every HiPower....which I am not interested in the least.

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Google Pay
– Bitcoin
– Zelle
– Cashapp
– Venmo

Really?!

I didn't have to read that far fir my scam radar to light up.
You're right - that looks like a scam site. My bad....

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
PSA had them yesterday......

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
If all they did was make an exact Hi Power copy, but with a modified hammer to prevent hammer bite, an improved thumb safety, and leave out the magazine disconnect, that would have been a worthy gun.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I got one the day SA sent a email announcing them, have had no issues with it at all.

Benefactor Life Member NRA, Arizona Hunter Education Instructor
D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
If all they did was make an exact Hi Power copy, but with a modified hammer to prevent hammer bite, an improved thumb safety, and leave out the magazine disconnect, that would have been a worthy gun.
You still pisssing and moaning about a gun that is super popular because it fixes all the retardo problems if the Hi-power? Must be how you got a high post count...

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by dla
You still pisssing and moaning about a gun that is super popular because it fixes all the retardo problems if the Hi-power? Must be how you got a high post count...
Shabbat shalom.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

They also rated it for +P ammo that is a big selling point for me.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
“Then it would've been another pos hi-power clone with all the same stupid problems. The hi-power has always been a moron design.
Springfield did it right.“

Spot on

Last edited by OldRooster; 10/01/22.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Mine runs like a sewing machine with every brand/type of ammo I've tried. Feeds, extracts and hits at point of aim.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OldRooster
“Then it would've been another pos hi-power clone with all the same stupid problems. The hi-power has always been a moron design.
Springfield did it right.“

Spot on

You guys are hilarious. smirk

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Saw one of these Springfield SA-35's in the flesh at a local gunstore today.

I was looking for something else so didn't give it a real thorough examination, just held it a bit and tried the trigger pull - which was outstanding. Maybe it's because I've been trying striker fired pistols so much lately, but I was completely surprised at how good this one was. Very short take up and a clean break I'd estimate at about 3 1/2 pounds. No grit, no creep; some overtravel but really just enough for reliability. I'd compare it very favorably to some of the better factory 1911 triggers,(note I said "factory", not custom) and lighter than many of those.

Plus, one forgets just how good those things feel in the hand. Sits nice and low, points well. My only complaint with this one is the U notch rear, it looked funny when you're so used to a square notch. But that's about the only nit I could find to pick.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
173 members (257 mag, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 2UP, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 14 invisible), 1,467 guests, and 830 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,909
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.