Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
Originally Posted by JeffA
That’s one way to make sure your house is completely replaced instead of months of arguing with the insurance company about what is flood damage and what is wind damage. What will be fixed by insurance. Now that house is a straight fire claim and it burned to the slab. I’m sure the insurance company will still argue and delay.

My thoughts too.

Especially if you don't have flood insurance but ya got fire insurance and the bridge happens to out and the fire department ain't coming..
Most here reading this have no idea of the trouble homeowners insurance is here in Florida and how expensive it can be. Or how insurance companies use flood insurance vs windstorm insurance arguments to delay or not pay for damage.

Or that the insurance companies have put ~ $10k limits on water damages. $10k? Niqqa please.

Going to take a lot of lawsuits to fix what that piece of schit Rick Scott helped push through and install.

Rino basturd.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Nothing you don't see every day in Venice.
Whut?
A joke.

Do an image search for "Venice" on Google and look at the pictures.

PS I've been there. Cool place to visit.

PPS It's a shame Google Images no longer contains jpeg images. Back not long ago, you could do a Google Image search, copy the most appropriate image link, and embed it in a post here at the Fire.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
DeSantis is pretty impressive. Been listening to him and his grasp of and ability to manage the multiple facets of this storm response.

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 09/29/22.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Nothing you don't see every day in Venice.

Whut?

Venice

[Linked Image from i0.wp.com]
Thanks.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Most here reading this have no idea of the trouble homeowners insurance is here in Florida and how expensive it can be. Or how insurance companies use flood insurance vs windstorm insurance arguments to delay or not pay for damage.

I could see them using the same argument to blame the fire on the storm to get out of paying.

I suspect more than few insurance companies will go bankrupt due to the damages this storm leaves behind.
I’m sure plenty will go bankrupt because that’s how they’re set up. They’re fronts that take the premium and pass it along to the investors immediately and then if there’s catastrophic claims the investors just bankrupt the shell and start a new one. Insurance is just a sophisticated Ponzi scam. The shell company leases everything from the real company at astronomical prices and uses junk inflated paper assets that when actually needed don’t have anywhere near the claimed value. Holding company writes off the insurance company and takes a big tax write off.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
DeSantis is pretty impressive. Been listening to him and his grasp of and ability to manage the multiple facets of this storm response.

He also sounds like he genuinely knows the state.

Geographically.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

He also sounds like he genuinely knows the state.

Geographically.
Can you provide an example of non-genuine knowledge?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Houston_2
DeSantis says more than 100 known communications towers have been damaged.

OH MY GOD!!!!

It's a win..

No more of those tornado warning robo calls and agitating texts!

I dunno. I was laying on the couch reading by flashlight Tuesday night when the storm went through here, as power was out. Tornado warning texts were blowing up my phone. One hit a block from my house. Sounded like a jet engine outside for a couple minutes. Not the high whine, but a low roar. Rain going sideways. I didn't think much of it. Blissfully ignorant.

Last edited by local_dirt; 09/29/22.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
That’s one way to make sure your house is completely replaced instead of months of arguing with the insurance company about what is flood damage and what is wind damage. What will be fixed by insurance. Now that house is a straight fire claim and it burned to the slab. I’m sure the insurance company will still argue and delay.
My thoughts too.

Especially if you don't have flood insurance but ya got fire insurance and the bridge happens to out and the fire department ain't coming..
Do t think it’s just FL.

My sister (as mom’s rep) had to deal with the same thing after Sandy.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
My thoughts too.

Do t think it’s just FL.

I worked Sandy, on Long Island, and what the people did not realize is, water that hits the ground and then comes in the structure is not covered by homeowners insurance. I saw lots of flooded basements because the foundation leaked and/or they had basement windows at or below ground level that leaked or was broken by debris. The good thing was, Sandy was not a hurricane when it hit land, thus they didn't have to pay the hurricane deductible. The people up there have no idea what a real hurricane is.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Ok.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Some sad sights on the Weather Channel.

Biden was quoted as saying there’s “substantial loss of life” but I’ve heard no numbers regarding victims yet.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Biden was quoted as saying there’s “substantial loss of life” but I’ve heard no numbers regarding victims yet.

I am sure you clung lovingly to your president's every word.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

It's hard to keep count with the gators eating all the floaters.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

ok, I chortled....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Westman

ok, I chortled....
. During Ida last year a Slidell man waded out from his house and was eaten by a gator.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
This is just crazy. The first hurricane to ever impact Florida! Truly a historic occasion...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
This is just crazy. The first hurricane to ever impact Florida! Truly a historic occasion...

Almost all hurricanes "effect" Florida. Not that many major hurricanes directly impact her. Most of Florida's population is on a coast and it's a bad deal for anyone to get that surge that comes with a direct hit of the eyewall. Don't let the media distraction about Disneyland distract you.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Originally Posted by ironbender
My thoughts too.

Do t think it’s just FL.

I worked Sandy, on Long Island, and what the people did not realize is, water that hits the ground and then comes in the structure is not covered by homeowners insurance. I saw lots of flooded basements because the foundation leaked and/or they had basement windows at or below ground level that leaked or was broken by debris. The good thing was, Sandy was not a hurricane when it hit land, thus they didn't have to pay the hurricane deductible. The people up there have no idea what a real hurricane is.

No doubt.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 204guy, 222ND, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 39 invisible), 1,949 guests, and 1,109 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,064
Posts18,463,464
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.