Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
Originally Posted by JeffA
That’s one way to make sure your house is completely replaced instead of months of arguing with the insurance company about what is flood damage and what is wind damage. What will be fixed by insurance. Now that house is a straight fire claim and it burned to the slab. I’m sure the insurance company will still argue and delay.
My thoughts too.

Especially if you don't have flood insurance but ya got fire insurance and the bridge happens to out and the fire department ain't coming..
Most here reading this have no idea of the trouble homeowners insurance is here in Florida and how expensive it can be. Or how insurance companies use flood insurance vs windstorm insurance arguments to delay or not pay for damage.
Do t think it’s just FL.

My sister (as mom’s rep) had to deal with the same thing after Sandy.

I worked Sandy, on Long Island, and what the people did not realize is, water that hits the ground and then comes in the structure is not covered by homeowners insurance. I saw lots of flooded basements because the foundation leaked and/or they had basement windows at or below ground level that leaked or was broken by debris. The good thing was, Sandy was not a hurricane when it hit land, thus they didn't have to pay the hurricane deductible. The people up there have no idea what a real hurricane is.

No doubt.

And southerners don't know what real weather is.

Sorry, but it's true.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by plainsman456
Someone needs to start a go fund me for Geno to go get some good fishing in.LOL grin
Up to the Oregon coast for crabbing too.
Yeah buddy!

Start a third so I can get to AK for some halibut and salmon too.

We have trout streams around, and some warm water lakes, but nothing really really special.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
This is just crazy. The first hurricane to ever impact Florida! Truly a historic occasion...

Almost all hurricanes "effect" Florida. Not that many major hurricanes directly impact her. Most of Florida's population is on a coast and it's a bad deal for anyone to get that surge that comes with a direct hit of the eyewall. Don't let the media distraction about Disneyland distract you.

No schiet really? No way!

Such a terrible storm. No warning at all, blind sided everyone.

We need to have the technology to allow for early warning, at least 3 to 4 days ahead of time to allow for evacuation. Especially for such a historic storm.

Good thing there wasn't one ever named Andrew............................30 phuggin years ago.

Yes its sarcasm.....hint.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 09/29/22.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
ABTD

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
This literally happens almost every year, does it not?

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 09/29/22.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Well he'll, the weather guy 9n channel 9 now says this thing is going to come back in North of Myrtle Beach looks like Wilmington might be the next victim , wish it would just move out to sea don't need another flood in east nc .

there is no man more free than he who has nothing left to lose --unknown--
" If it bleeds we can kill it" Conan The Barbarian
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 1beaver_shooter
Well he'll, the weather guy 9n channel 9 now says this thing is going to come back in North of Myrtle Beach looks like Wilmington might be the next victim , wish it would just move out to sea don't need another flood in east nc .
Charleston, SC.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
House fire on Sanibel Island
[Linked Image from nypost.com]
It is unclear what exactly started the fire.
Thats not on Sanibel. Thats in area called Iona.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123

And it typically a homeowner that knows how flood insurance works that start those fires.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
That’s one way to make sure your house is completely replaced instead of months of arguing with the insurance company about what is flood damage and what is wind damage. What will be fixed by insurance. Now that house is a straight fire claim and it burned to the slab. I’m sure the insurance company will still argue and delay.
My thoughts too.

Especially if you don't have flood insurance but ya got fire insurance and the bridge happens to out and the fire department ain't coming..
Most here reading this have no idea of the trouble homeowners insurance is here in Florida and how expensive it can be. Or how insurance companies use flood insurance vs windstorm insurance arguments to delay or not pay for damage.
Do t think it’s just FL.

I worked Sandy, on Long Island, and what the people did not realize is, water that hits the ground and then comes in the structure is not covered by homeowners insurance. I saw lots of flooded basements because the foundation leaked and/or they had basement windows at or below ground level that leaked or was broken by debris. The good thing was, Sandy was not a hurricane when it hit land, thus they didn't have to pay the hurricane deductible. The people up there have no idea what a real hurricane is.

No doubt.

Sorry, but it's true.

I'm from the south and I've only seen -44 with a wind chill of -67. Admittedly, I wasn't in the south when I was in that weather, but some southerners do know what real weather is. I've also seen snow drifted almost to the peak of our single story house.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123

Media always lies, it was listed as Sanibel but didn't look like it to me. Not far off though, a couple miles as the crow flies.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Sorry, but it's true.

Yep - you ain't kidding. Imagine a young boi from the caribbean at Great Lakes NTC starting boot camp on 20 October. I personally shoveled more snow than I had ever seen in my life over the next 13 weeks. The weekend I graduated, Chicago and Great Lakes broke all previous records for cold at 27 below with 70 below wind chill. I was awarded a school and c school in advanced electronics and got stuck there for two more years. Then the sorry sob's sent me to the alution islands to remove sensitive equipment from listening stations. Oddly enough, when I was "punished" for bitching about drowning AF guys in my later rating, I was sent to back to the carib for 5 years. I guess the dumbasses thought I like cold based on my previous postings.

A person who's happy will make others happy. Anne Frank
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
My thoughts too.

Do t think it’s just FL.

No doubt.

Sorry, but it's true.

Given the past and predicted future path of Hurricane Ian its pretty safe to say that no Southern people have been affected by it. It completely missed the few Southerners who live in the Florida panhandle and everyone in low country South Carolina is from Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, and Latin America.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I need some help here.

I'm trying to select a file cover photo for my compendium of Hurricane Ian images.

I've got to close this out and put it to bed so I can move on with my life.

It has to be highly recognizable so I can ID it at a glance once it's buried deep in my hard drives photo files.

This one's iconic and memorable but too disrespectful of vintage Mopar Iron and just screams 'I have more money than God and don't give a damn'.

It's out, he's just another azzhole and their a dime a dozen, nifty cars or not.

[Linked Image]

On the car topic, this one's pretty good.
Nothing like a Rolls-Royce laying beside the road like a crumpled up discarded beer can.

But the cars neither vintage or unique so....

[Linked Image]

Now this one's strong, I know it's obvious he's just some homeless smuck wearing the first clothes he found floating by after he got washed out of his homeless hole but..

He's found the free booze and that's what counts.
That is a bottle of Grey Goose in his hand so he gets extra points for that from me.

I just wish it'd been a video, I'd like to have seen how many of those bottles he could carry at once.

#respect
[Linked Image]

This one's currently top spot, I just wish it included a face.
It is South Florida so I don't know for a fact if that's really a chick.

[Linked Image]

Input and alternative option would be appreciated, thanks.

Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
344 members (280shooter, 204guy, 29aholic, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 44 invisible), 2,240 guests, and 1,087 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,724
Posts18,400,607
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.