Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I belong to the Maryland Motor Truck Association. Every week they send out their news letter that pertains to the trucking industry. This was in yesterday's news letter.

Canada's COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate Expires September 30.

Health Canada has announced that the COVID-19 vaccine requirement, along with other associated travel rules, will expire on September 30, 2022. Effective October 1, 2022, all travelers entering Canada, regardless of citizenship, will no longer be required to:

Submit public health information through the ArriveCAN app or website;
Provide proof of vaccination;
Undergo pre- or on-arrival testing;
Carry out COVID-19-related quarantine or isolation;
Monitor and report if they develop signs or symptoms of COVID-19 upon arriving to Canada.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
I belong to the Maryland Motor Truck Association. Every week they send out their news letter that pertains to the trucking industry. This was in yesterday's news letter.

Canada's COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate Expires September 30.

Health Canada has announced that the COVID-19 vaccine requirement, along with other associated travel rules, will expire on September 30, 2022. Effective October 1, 2022, all travelers entering Canada, regardless of citizenship, will no longer be required to:

Submit public health information through the ArriveCAN app or website;
Provide proof of vaccination;
Undergo pre- or on-arrival testing;
Carry out COVID-19-related quarantine or isolation;
Monitor and report if they develop signs or symptoms of COVID-19 upon arriving to Canada.
Praise he Lord, the panic is subsiding. I never did panic, but about half the people I know panicked and some enjoyed every minute of it. Got to stay home and peck on a computer all day. Not get showered or dressed to go to work or school. As Steve said, they followed the science. No matter how stupid it sounded. The most scholarly and up to date scientists had the know how to prevent a worldwide catastrophe. Except it wasn't a catastrophe and nothing they did worked. As an RN NP told me, it's a highly contagious virus, it can't be stopped. And it wasn't.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Do we still need the jab to travel to the land of the free and home of the brave?

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by pathfinder76
Do we still need the jab to travel to the land of the free and home of the brave?
Yes, you do. This is one thing the Americans on the forum seem to have missed. During all the time they were cursing Canada for a commie enclave, the US was preventing unvaxed Canadians from entering the US, and they still are. Pot, meet kettle. GD

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Vaccinated or not an American citizen cannot be denied entry back into the US.
I have crossed many times in the last 2 years—twice I was ordered into quarantine in Canada— but I have never been asked if I was vaccinated by US Customs.

IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
That is true of an American citizen but not for a Canadian. They have to be vaxed to enter the US. Hopefully, that will end soon. GD

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
That is true of an American citizen but not for a Canadian. They have to be vaxed to enter the US. Hopefully, that will end soon. GD

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I was contacted by an outfitter friend of mine yesterday and as of tomorrow you can enter Canada without vax. The ArriveCan app is no longer required but still an option if you choose.
Now if the Morons in Washington would reciprocate we could all move on.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pathfinder76
Sad to say, we are ruled at present by the Vichy government installed by some arm of the NWO.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Hastings
Ok, does this mean I can drive to Alaska through Canada from the lower 48 without being vaccinated? I do have anti-bodies from a previous January 2022 infection. Will a Canadian road house allow us lodging? Can we walk around without masks in Canada?

Yes you can in answer to the above

Technically you could have an issue entering Alaska with out being vaccinated

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I just flew into Toronto on my way to Newfoundland and no masks required as of today. Also as was indicated above the ArriveCAN app wasn’t even mentioned by Customs. LOTS of people maskless and seemingly indifferent to past COVID restrictions. HALLELUJAH!!!

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Amen to that!!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
My wife is from Quebec, I guess now I have no more excuses to visit the inlaws!

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Originally Posted by miguel
My wife is from Quebec, I guess now I have no more excuses to visit the inlaws!

Well the Canadian dollar is so low now you can almost go for free. Between the dollar and covid restrictions gone. Americans should flood the country this fall and winter.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Phil, I’ve been meaning to get up your way one of these days and have a crack at one of those gigantic northern whitetails!

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Thinking about driving the Alcan for the 15 th time. How high is gas in most of Canada. I know up north it gets really high but that’s normal. US funds or a close guess please. Edk

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
~$4.50 US per gallon.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jordan;
Good afternoon my friend, I hope the day is behaving for you all on your side of the big hills and you and your fine family are well.

If my math is correct, we're at $1.93CDN/liter so that'd be $7.30CDN/US gallon, which would in turn be $5.35US/US gallon here in Bring Cash.

Up into Muncho Lake or at Liard Hot Springs it was $2.35CDN/liter and in Dawson City we paid $2.45CDN/liter = $6.80US/US gallon - again if my cyphering is correct.

We saw a good smattering of folks going up on those "sports adventure" type bikes, usually in groups and while they'd get wet and buggy, it wouldn't require a call to the bank for a fuel up.

The other thing we saw a double handful of was Unimog, Man, Steyr and either a Volvo or Scania converted to "overlander" rigs. Mostly they were running European plates too Jordan, so they had to get it here!

Our youngest daughter was paying close to Dawson City prices in the Lower Mainland this weekend too she said.

Anyways that's a few months old info for sure, but hopefully someone finds it useful.

All the best to you all this week and good hunting.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The wife and her friend went to a rock and gem show in Washington state. No problem, or for that matter, vaccination status either side.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Thanks for the gas price gentleman. Kinda what I was figuring. I think the motor home stays home. I really liked the Alcan in the 70 s with no traffic or cops. Course I was younger and just a touch dumber then. Edk

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
202 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 2UP, 17 invisible), 1,539 guests, and 865 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,911
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.