Print Thread
Hop To
M
MnFn Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
I have a black Sinclair benchrest that I am not using any longer. It is in good shape, windage adjustable. I see new ones going for around $450.

I have a buyer interested but not sure what I should get for it.
Thanks,

BP-B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by MnFn
I have a black Sinclair benchrest that I am not using any longer. It is in good shape, windage adjustable. I see new ones going for around $450.

Thanks,

Vague post. I'm assuming you are talking about a front rest. You don't give model information. Don't say if it is RH or LH specific. When guys ask for estimates this is typical. "I have a Winchester model 70, how much is it worth?"... "Good shape". No pics. As per usual..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
M
MnFn Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Yep you’re right.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
FWIW, I bought one for $60 a couple years ago. The widow lady's "knowledgeable" (smartass) son put "firm" prices on all the stuff. I didn't argue.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
$61 dollars then!

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Yep you’re right.

I know I'm right. ha ha. ..
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
FWIW, I bought one for $60 a couple years ago. The widow lady's "knowledgeable" (smartass) son put "firm" prices on all the stuff. I didn't argue.

What did he do when you backed the truck up to the garage door? ha ha..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Thanks,

Sinclair sold quite a few front rests through the years, including one made by Hart for Sinclair. It's important to know which one you have as the top options and other features can be a big portion of the value. Feel free to send me the pics here by PM (or text pics if you wish) and I'll identify it for you.

Good shootin'. smile -Al

Forbidden Zoner
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Al_Nyhus

Thanks,

Sinclair sold quite a few front rests through the years, including one made by Hart for Sinclair. It's important to know which one you have as the top options and other features can be a big portion of the value. Feel free to send me the pics here by PM (or text pics if you wish) and I'll identify it for you.

Good shootin'. smile -Al

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Used is fugging used. 75% of new and I would be hard pressed to pay that.

Swifty
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Swifty52

Thanks,

Good shootin'. smile -Al

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

A front rest is hard to wear out swifty. At "75% of new" price, that is still pretty high. The op is not saying which model he has and I even outlined some of the features it may have. The one gnoahhh bought is a prime example of how you get good deals on used stuff. I buy used all the time. Some schidt can be money makers. Leupold rifle scopes for example. I'll run across some for $200 and turn around and sell them for $375. There's a way to be smart about schidt. If you don't like buying used, that means more for guys like me and the other smart guys that I sell to. My only concern is if the OP is selling this front rest, I sure hope he describes it a whole hell of a lot better than he is here. I wouldn't give $10 based on the lack of description here. I bought a very solid front rest the other day for $15. It would last a guy a lifetime and work well without all the un needed bs some of these fancy rests have.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
What’s funny bud is this, Al states that he can put a exact value on it when he can’t. I can’t, you can’t, nobody can. He can put a price ~75% of new, buyer either buys, deals or walks. Depends on how bad the buyer wants it.

Swifty
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
What’s funny bud is this, Al states that he can put a exact value on it when he can’t.

You might want to go back and actually read what I wrote.

I said I can help him identify what he has. No where in my post did I say anything about assigning a value to what the gentleman has.

Forbidden Zoner
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Swifty is "lacking" apparently...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Thanks,

Good shootin'. smile -Al

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

The SEB NEO costs $1400. Used go for......$1400. If you had to have one badly enough, that's what you would have to pay for it. The market determines the price.

"Give a lazy man the toughest job, and he will find the easiest way to do it"
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I bought a Hart pedestal rest from Sinclair more than thirty years ago, before Sinclair marketed one with their name on it. The Hart is a basic pedestal rest but a good, heavy one (17 lbs. without a sandbag) that won't move around on the bench. I've used it regularly and have never wished for anything better. I don't know if these are still being made but there should be some used ones out there.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Put stock in what Al Nyhus says. He has been around the turnip patch more than once and didn't fall off the wagon.
Sinclair had 2 versions, one that was like the Hart, but better quality and the competition version that was a very heavy version based on a very thick aluminum plate and not the 3 legged version.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
646 members (1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 257Bob, 257 mag, 72 invisible), 2,765 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,648
Posts18,399,130
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.