Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Word is the sheriffs office is getting 20-30 calls a day from Karens all over the country demanding Justice
Lmao
I have spent a good bit of time in our sheriff's radio/dispatch room while writing reports. It is truly amazing what trivial crap people call in about. Sunday afternoon seems to be one of the worst times for some reason.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Hastings
Dogs chase em off they'll be back within a day. Radio collar studies conducted by DEC proved this. The deer don't belong to me, not even when they're on my property. They're wild animals that belong to the State and I sure don't have a need or obligation to feed or protect them. I just hunt them when in season.
Surely you don't have a problem with those who not only hunt game but protect it on their private property do you? You know, plant food plots, keep dogs and poachers out, raise way more game than they ever take?

What about folks that give a dirt nap to killer dogs and wolves? This whole discussion began because a girl was hunting in wolf country and killed a Husky that does in fact resemble a wolf, especially to a young hunter that had no reason to believe a domestic dog would be in the wilds of Montana.

Do you own livestock? I don't have that many but $100,000+ is a very significant amount of money to my family. We raised every cow we have from baby calves and our kids and grand children would like to have a few deer to hunt. I seldom shoot anything anymore except targets, hogs, and predators.
I don't have a problem with shooting dogs to protect livestock or people if and when it's legit. I do have a problem with pathetic ass holes who shoot every loose dog they see under the guise and assumption of protecting deer/game because it's generally bullshyt from those who just want to kill something. Feeding deer is illegal here so yeah, I'd have a problem with someone doing that too. You feeding deer is your business if it's legal in your locale. I can hunt all over and am rather good at it so would have no need to feed/bait in an effort to keep them on any particular piece of ground even if it were legal.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Samm O.

I'm going with the flow.

Lab in that pooch, how much and mixed with what other kind? Who knows.

Guessing that at her age and weight she's gonna turn out to be a 40 pounder. Anyone agree?

Geno, and gents.

I hope you're correct in the 40lb guess.

Regardless she's our dog now, ain't no going back!

And this morning my wife informed me that mystery pup is suffering from what appears to be a UTI.

Yea... Here we go...

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Samm O.

I'm going with the flow.

Lab in that pooch, how much and mixed with what other kind? Who knows.

Guessing that at her age and weight she's gonna turn out to be a 40 pounder. Anyone agree?

Geno, and gents.

I hope you're correct in the 40lb guess.

Regardless she's our dog now, ain't no going back!

And this morning my wife informed me that mystery pup is suffering from what appears to be a UTI.

Yea... Here we go...

You dirty dick mofo

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I thought rez dogs were immune!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Dogs chase em off they'll be back within a day. Radio collar studies conducted by DEC proved this. The deer don't belong to me, not even when they're on my property. They're wild animals that belong to the State and I sure don't have a need or obligation to feed or protect them. I just hunt them when in season.
Surely you don't have a problem with those who not only hunt game but protect it on their private property do you? You know, plant food plots, keep dogs and poachers out, raise way more game than they ever take?

What about folks that give a dirt nap to killer dogs and wolves? This whole discussion began because a girl was hunting in wolf country and killed a Husky that does in fact resemble a wolf, especially to a young hunter that had no reason to believe a domestic dog would be in the wilds of Montana.

Do you own livestock? I don't have that many but $100,000+ is a very significant amount of money to my family. We raised every cow we have from baby calves and our kids and grand children would like to have a few deer to hunt. I seldom shoot anything anymore except targets, hogs, and predators.
I don't have a problem with shooting dogs to protect livestock or people if and when it's legit. I do have a problem with pathetic ass holes who shoot every loose dog they see under the guise and assumption of protecting deer/game because it's generally bullshyt from those who just want to kill something. Feeding deer is illegal here so yeah, I'd have a problem with someone doing that too. You feeding deer is your business if it's legal in your locale. I can hunt all over and am rather good at it so would have no need to feed/bait in an effort to keep them on any particular piece of ground even if it were legal.

Once again you demonstrate a complete inability to comprehend.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Is feeding deer unlawful if done by growing a crop of peas or wheat for them? I am talking about a crop where the deer are eating stuff growing from the ground, not corn thrown out for them to pick up?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

I don't get it, what do you mean by that?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Is feeding deer unlawful if done by growing a crop of peas or wheat for them? I am talking about a crop where the deer are eating stuff growing from the ground, not corn thrown out for them to pick up?

You just don't get it Hastings. It's not whether it's legal or not, it's all about whether blackheart is OK with it, based on how it's done where he lives.

That's our frame of reference here.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by smokepole
I live in a high lying area. You can't believe a word they say out here.
Are you channeling your inner 5sdad?

No, he's channeling his inner smokepole.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Ahhhh.

Now I get it.

Maybe.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

5sdad?
is that you again?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

LMAO!! Holy Chit that's funny.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That's an interesting question and would likely need a lawyer to determine the answer in some states.

Can't bait doves, but apparently can plant sunflowers and such and they can feed on the leftovers from a normal ag operation?

Well, if one plants peas or wheat, and then goes out and harvests some for their family's use, is one now baiting deer or operating a pea farm?

In it is contentment

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter

perfectly clear .

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Ahhhh.

Now I get it.

Maybe.

He's pretty funny, but he ain't no Jim Conrad.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Be kind to the puzzy....

Okay here's a quick question/hijack.

What breed is this bastard?

Long story short(rescue) my wife was told it was probably a chihuahua mix. That was a month ago and it's still growing like a weed which is slight problem as I don't want a big house dog... Or a pit mix...

World's largest chihuahua?

lol

About 2 months old now and maybe 8-10lbs. I should weigh her, looks part lab? I'm not up on breeds and weights on puppies, etc..

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

A rule of thumb for dog weight that I learned from a vet years ago is, double their weight at 4 months to estimate adult weight.

It’s worked pretty well with our mutts.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ironbender
A rule of thumb for dog weight that I learned from a vet years ago is, double their weight at 4 months to estimate adult weight.

It’s worked pretty well with our mutts.

Good information. Because you've got to know the size so you can be sure to use enough gun.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
It's not unlawful to plant food plots anyplace that I'm aware of ? Food plots same as baiting just on a bigger scale no ? Why do it ? Is your land such poor habitat that you have no deer if you don't feed them ? Wait, don't tell me, you do it out of the goodness of your heart to benefit all wildlife and sportsmen alike right ? LOL .....Hey but seriously, whatever floats your boat. It's your money and time. Food plots/feeding are nothing I'm interested in doing.. Things like tractors, plows and feeders are tools of the farmer. I'm not a farmer, I'm a hunter and a hunter has no need for such tools.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
That's an interesting question and would likely need a lawyer to determine the answer in some states.

Can't bait doves, but apparently can plant sunflowers and such and they can feed on the leftovers from a normal ag operation?

Well, if one plants peas or wheat, and then goes out and harvests some for their family's use, is one now baiting deer or operating a pea farm?
Baiting deer is perfectly legal in a lot of places. Baiting migratory birds is illegal federaly. Shooting someone's husky pup on public land, skinning it, and then posting hero shots online is priceless.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

704 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 10ring1, 66 invisible), 3,109 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,485
Posts18,451,946
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.