I am MAGA.
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
There’s a lot of that stuff does go on. Im too poor to do that kinda stuff. BTW, Jim we are down to 9 grown head of stock.

It's been bad here too.

We get no rain....but it still gets 40 below!

I don't know how the deer are surviving. They are lighter by quite a bit.

Very few twins.

I couldn't believe they bred this year!

Pûssy is a powerful motivator across all species

MAGA
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
There’s a lot of that stuff does go on. Im too poor to do that kinda stuff. BTW, Jim we are down to 9 grown head of stock.

It's been bad here too.

We get no rain....but it still gets 40 below!

I don't know how the deer are surviving. They are lighter by quite a bit.

Very few twins.

I couldn't believe they bred this year!

Jim. I understand. We had a new well drilled about 2 weeks ago. First one on the place since about 1938. Old well will be strictly for stock. We could use one more on the back 250 acres

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Population is not unnaturally high.
If population isn't unnaturally high there's no need to feed.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Once you start feeding, you cannot stop.....

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
The suggestion that habit improvements are somehow unethical is likely the dumbest damned thing ever typed on the internet.
Planting crops for the purpose of attracting/holding deer on a property for deer season and calling it habitat improvement is a stretch at least here. What determines carrying capacity and survival come winter is available browse. Opening the forest canopy for increased browse production is far more beneficial than planting crops that are covered with 2 feet of snow and nutritionally worthless to deer come January.
Two feet of snow on the ground where Hastings lives?
You have a vivid imagination.
We often don't get a frost until November. Get a little snow every now and then. Melts off quick. Winter wheat, turnips, rye, oats, and clover provide food all winter. We also planted over 20 acres of nut bearing trees 1/4 of which are sawtooth oak that some years produce bountiful acorn crops that fall in September. We don't ever kill over 1 to 3 deer a year and lots of hogs. Mainly we like to see deer and feed various wildlife. Don't like hogs or killer canines at all.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Population is not unnaturally high. We, as well as other ranchers are simply trying to maintain a healthy population. We do work with game management as well as habitat management. 125 years of land mismanagement takes time to mend. Thats what we are doing now.

Nailed it !

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by RUM7
Baiting deer is perfectly legal in a lot of places.
So is aborting/killing full term human babies.
Whoa.... Maybe not the best analogy.
Baiting often is a tool for population management. I've never done it. Dang you know how to make friends.
The point is that maybe legality isn't always the yardstick to point to in determining ethics. Population control would be far less of a problem if there weren't landowners intentionally fostering population beyond the natural carrying capacity of the land by feeding and limiting hunter access. In fact, state game managers here will tell you their biggest obstacle to proper herd management is limited access to hunters on private land.
That's a good point in theory, but you are wrong. It's your New York wildlife management agency that's the problem Blackheart. Doe tags need to be issued over the counter to the hunters. Instead of some dumbass doe draw on October 1st and then maybe hunters can get some leftover doe tags for a certain zone or some shiet. New York has some screwed up game and gun laws.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings
The suggestion that habit improvements are somehow unethical is likely the dumbest damned thing ever typed on the internet.
Planting crops for the purpose of attracting/holding deer on a property for deer season and calling it habitat improvement is a stretch at least here. What determines carrying capacity and survival come winter is available browse. Opening the forest canopy for increased browse production is far more beneficial than planting crops that are covered with 2 feet of snow and nutritionally worthless to deer come January.
We often don't get a frost until November. Get a little snow every now and then. Melts off quick. Winter wheat, turnips, rye, oats, and clover provide food all winter. We also planted over 20 acres of nut bearing trees 1/4 of which are sawtooth oak that some years produce bountiful acorn crops that fall in September. We don't ever kill over 1 to 3 deer a year and lots of hogs. Mainly we like to see deer and feed various wildlife. Don't like hogs or killer canines at all.

Sounds like a nice little shooting zoo you have created

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

I said "here" you fuucking useless hippie moron.

LOL, while you were admonishing a guy from Louisiana. No one gives a shìt about "here" dipschit

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by irfubar

I do

Founder

WS

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

You're almost as parochial as blackheart.

Almost.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I do
Democrats will hate you... wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You're almost as parochial as blackheart.

Almost.

I will not deny that.... I love the wild west... wink

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K

I do
Democrats will hate you... wink

I certainly hope so, my friend! 😊

Founder

WS

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Originally Posted by RUM7
Baiting deer is perfectly legal in a lot of places.
So is aborting/killing full term human babies.
Whoa.... Maybe not the best analogy.
Baiting often is a tool for population management. I've never done it. Dang you know how to make friends.
The point is that maybe legality isn't always the yardstick to point to in determining ethics. Population control would be far less of a problem if there weren't landowners intentionally fostering population beyond the natural carrying capacity of the land by feeding and limiting hunter access. In fact, state game managers here will tell you their biggest obstacle to proper herd management is limited access to hunters on private land.
That's a good point in theory, but you are wrong. It's your New York wildlife management agency that's the problem Blackheart. Doe tags need to be issued over the counter to the hunters. Instead of some dumbass doe draw on October 1st and then maybe hunters can get some leftover doe tags for a certain zone or some shiet. New York has some screwed up game and gun laws.
We do have second draws for leftover doe tags. I got two leftovers last year and had 6 total for the season plus my antlerless and either sex archery tags and of course my rifle buck tag.. My lifelong best friend was chairman of the NYS conservation council for many years. Through him I got to know exactly what goes on here within DEC and the obstacles they face. I am not wrong.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I had enough land and money to grow feed for deer.... I would and I would shoot them... and I would have a shooting zoo....
Instead I chose to be poor and live in the mountains.... and chase wild deer, elk, antelope, sheep, bear etc..... smile

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
If I had enough land and money to grow feed for deer.... I would and I would shoot them... and I would have a shooting zoo....
Instead I chose to be poor and live in the mountains.... and chase wild deer, elk, antelope, sheep, bear etc..... smile

Im going to see if Jim will sell me a tag for next years beef.

Think my 22-250 would work with the ttsx’s?

MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

I said "here" you fuucking useless hippie moron.

LOL, while you were admonishing a guy from Louisiana. No one gives a shìt about "here" dipschit
Off to ignore along with Barnard and for the same reason you stupid bastard. You're always so eager to pounce in a desperate and futile attempt to prove you're semi intelligent and not a total retard that your reading comprehension is that of an 8 year old and you aren't worth my time.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Your choice. Others choose to live elsewhere. If you have acreage in the south or east and can plant things like nut trees or annuals to attract and have more wildlife on your property, why wouldn't you?

Page 14 of 17 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1234, 74 invisible), 2,567 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,870
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.