Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I get along really good with mine. The early years were a bit rough though.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My in-laws are great people. They have their faults but I love them to death. Ma is a firebrand conservative and we're two peas in a pod in that regard. Pa is a lot like I am, but wound up a little tight and I've learned to avoid agitating him, but like I said, I love em both. They live twenty miles away and prefer to keep to themselves for the most part, but anytime they need help with anything I am there---most willingly.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
dementia is hard on the family...

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Mine is a real sweetheart. Easy to tolerate.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
One of my coworkers was at family BBQ a couple of years ago and his FIL got in his face about something and he knocked the crap out of his FIL in front of everyone. They get along fine now

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Loved mine, died 30 years ago

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mine is in NH. We have an agreement. I don't go to NH and she doesn't come to TX. This system works very well for me.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
My MIL and FIL both died about the same time, in their late 80s, and 90s, about 20 years ago. We lived a hundreds of miles from them, but I liked them and they were very nice people.

NRA Patron
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Live within 5 miles of both. I get along with them better than the wife.

Yup.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Which one?

Still see the first one she's 84. We have always gotten along great.

Second one is dead, we got along as long as she got what she wanted. Same as her daughter.

Third one is bat chit crazy with a side of dementia to go with it. We get along barely. I will send my wife away and deal with her when she starts chitting on her daughter. She knows I'll help her anyway I can but won't tolerate any BS. We get to deal with her tomorrow. Again.

IC B3

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
My mother in law is a wonderful woman. I love her like my own mother, who we lost 8 years ago. I’m pretty lucky.

Mike
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I liked my MIL more than my own mother.

She was a great lady who had some reasons to not like me when I was much younger but she loved me anyways and didn't take sides. I miss her.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
And when she's sober okay when not can't deal with it

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I get along great with mine but she is most definitely not a compassionate or giving woman. My wife said that her mom has told me that she loves me as many or more times than she’s told my wife. She came to live with us earlier this year and while it was going just fine it was most definitely a major disruption but one that we were willing to endure. She’s 84 and very capable but she liked being waited on for everything. I came back from the coast fishing and was informed by my wife that her mom was having another one of her outbursts accusing my wife of treating her poorly. It started over the amount of propane we’ve gone through in the 8 months she’s lived here. I filled up (300gal) for the 4th time this year when for the past 12 I would’ve filled it barely twice in the same time period. My MIL likes to do the dishes all day long (it seems) and it’s using a lot more propane so my wife asked her start using the dishwasher to conserve hot water. My wife couldn’t have framed her request anymore politely or non-threatening but my MIL interpreted her request as terrible mistreatment. My wife is FAR FAR more patient than her mom deserves and she puts up with a lot from her. That was the last straw for my wife….my mother in law said that she was going to go home as soon as she could find someone to drive her the 200 miles home. I gave my wife a nod and she said “mom start packing, we’ll take you home tonight”. My MIL said that she’ll stay and deal with it but my wife wasn’t playing that game anymore. We drove her ass home last night and eliminated the stress that was enveloping the family.

After I unpacked the truck at her place last night at 11:30 she told me that she loved me and thanked me for always being there to help her. I told her that I loved her too. I’m glad that her and I are still on good terms after this. I internalize all the sh.it I’m given so that I can make life a little easier for my wife. My mother in law is a difficult, selfish and stoic woman from a bygone era where only the strong survive. I’m not used to that, my family is compassionate and generous. My wife and I went above and beyond for her. We’ll do anything for the ones we love and care about but we won’t be “abused” while breaking our asses for you. I’m still pissed off about the entire thing…

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Late wife died 8 years ago. Her mom, died on Monday from lung cancer and her funeral was this Friday. She was hard for me to get along with and caused many a fight when we were first married. She was always in the middle of our business until we moved away for 10 years. It’s sad to say, but I don’t miss her.

Current wife’s mom is a genuinely good person and will do anything for anyone. I genuinely enjoy when she and my FIL visit.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had a great Mother In Law, and I miss her a lot. My wife will say the same about her Mother in law, My Mother. Both were very good women. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My MIL is actually an outlaw. My wife passed on 5 years ago. My outlaws live 2 blocks away, they moved here when my wife got sick, to help.

Good folks, they are family to me and my daughters. I will take care of them as long as they are here.

My kids are lucky to know their Grandparents so well.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I hit the MIL lottery with mine. She is a wonderful woman. Her biggest fault is that cares too much about everyone and everything. She never met a dog she didn’t like and befriends most humans she comes across as well. They only live near us a few months out of the year but we visit them often and spend in excess of 30 days a year under the same roof with no drama. She would fight a grizzly bear over my two sons. If my wife and I ever split there’s a good chance she’d side with me. We talk on the phone a couple times a week just to catch up. My mom passed away six years ago tomorrow and my relationship with my MIL has helped fill the void.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Mine is a sweetheart,
Fantastic cook,strong conservative mindset.
Has done very well with my boys.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
My mother-in-law will be here cooking, cleaning and spoiling the dogs, cats and kids for the next month. She comes up for the beginning of hunting season every year, I'm very appreciative for her help. The only negative thing she's done after 37 years is buying the COVID-19 BS and getting the vaccine. I can imagine the stress of having a mother in law that I couldn't get along with.

Life is good live it while you can.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (21, 808outdoors, 1973cb450, ATC, 10gaugemag, 8 invisible), 1,402 guests, and 736 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,675
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.