Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by irfubar
If I had enough land and money to grow feed for deer.... I would and I would shoot them... and I would have a shooting zoo....
Instead I chose to be poor and live in the mountains.... and chase wild deer, elk, antelope, sheep, bear etc..... smile

Your choice. Others choose to live elsewhere. If you have acreage in the south or east and can plant things like nut trees or annuals to attract and have more wildlife on your property, why wouldn't you?

I would.... but I wouldn't pretend it was real nature and some kind of wilderness and compare it to such.... it's simply specialized farming & ranching

OK, so maybe you can point out the guy who's pretending what you described above?

Just about every Texan..... smile

Well why didn't you say so? I agree
grin

Jealous turds! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Is land $400 an acre in Texas?

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
GB1

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
If I had enough land and money to grow feed for deer.... I would and I would shoot them... and I would have a shooting zoo....
Instead I chose to be poor and live in the mountains.... and chase wild deer, elk, antelope, sheep, bear etc..... smile

Your choice. Others choose to live elsewhere. If you have acreage in the south or east and can plant things like nut trees or annuals to attract and have more wildlife on your property, why wouldn't you?

I would.... but I wouldn't pretend it was real nature and some kind of wilderness and compare it to such.... it's simply specialized farming & ranching

OK, so maybe you can point out the guy who's pretending what you described above?

grin

Jealous turds! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Is land $400 an acre in Texas?

Not quite in this neck o’ the woods

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
You couldn't pay me enough to live where it's 100+ degrees for months on end. I just couldn't tolerate that heat.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
This thread really has potential.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I don't have a problem with shooting dogs to protect livestock or people if and when it's legit. I do have a problem with pathetic ass holes who shoot every loose dog they see under the guise and assumption of protecting deer/game because it's generally bullshyt from those who just want to kill something. Feeding deer is illegal here so yeah, I'd have a problem with someone doing that too. You feeding deer is your business if it's legal in your locale. I can hunt all over and am rather good at it so would have no need to feed/bait in an effort to keep them on any particular piece of ground even if it were legal.
Is feeding deer unlawful if done by growing a crop of peas or wheat for them? I am talking about a crop where the deer are eating stuff growing from the ground, not corn thrown out for them to pick up?
That's an interesting question and would likely need a lawyer to determine the answer in some states.

Can't bait doves, but apparently can plant sunflowers and such and they can feed on the leftovers from a normal ag operation?

Well, if one plants peas or wheat, and then goes out and harvests some for their family's use, is one now baiting deer or operating a pea farm?
Baiting deer is perfectly legal in a lot of places. Baiting migratory birds is illegal federaly. Shooting someone's husky pup on public land, skinning it, and then posting hero shots online is priceless.

Oh, absolutely priceless.

Odds are, 30 years from now she'll mention her name to someone in an offhand manner and the reply will be

"your that chick that shot that husky"

Re: Fed law on baiting migratory birds......I can never understand how that works when some State agency requests that a farmer put in some sunflowers, like those fields renegade posts pics of, knowing full well the reason the sunflowers were planted rather than soybeans or turnips is so that the doves have a reason to hit that field. Seems kinda sketchy to me.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
And maybe get chased by a wild bear instead of the other way around????

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Im going to see if Jim will sell me a tag for next years beef.

Think my 22-250 would work with the ttsx’s?
Will that include the trespass fee or is that a separate expense?

In it is contentment

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I don't have a problem with shooting dogs to protect livestock or people if and when it's legit. I do have a problem with pathetic ass holes who shoot every loose dog they see under the guise and assumption of protecting deer/game because it's generally bullshyt from those who just want to kill something. Feeding deer is illegal here so yeah, I'd have a problem with someone doing that too. You feeding deer is your business if it's legal in your locale. I can hunt all over and am rather good at it so would have no need to feed/bait in an effort to keep them on any particular piece of ground even if it were legal.
Is feeding deer unlawful if done by growing a crop of peas or wheat for them? I am talking about a crop where the deer are eating stuff growing from the ground, not corn thrown out for them to pick up?
That's an interesting question and would likely need a lawyer to determine the answer in some states.

Can't bait doves, but apparently can plant sunflowers and such and they can feed on the leftovers from a normal ag operation?

Well, if one plants peas or wheat, and then goes out and harvests some for their family's use, is one now baiting deer or operating a pea farm?
Baiting deer is perfectly legal in a lot of places. Baiting migratory birds is illegal federaly. Shooting someone's husky pup on public land, skinning it, and then posting hero shots online is priceless.

Odds are, 30 years from now she'll mention her name to someone in an offhand manner and the reply will be

Re: Fed law on baiting migratory birds......I can never understand how that works when some State agency requests that a farmer put in some sunflowers, like those fields renegade posts pics of, knowing full well the reason the sunflowers were planted rather than soybeans or turnips is so that the doves have a reason to hit that field. Seems kinda sketchy to me.
Yeah,
Every duck I shoot is shot over flooded rice fields.
Whatch gonna do? Not my fault that ducks love water and rice.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Or??

plant native plants and not turnips and special stuff from Mossy Oak?

In it is contentment

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Trespass fee is so cliche...I prefer "Quality BreedingFee."

Ymmv

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RUM7

Yeah,
Every duck I shoot is shot over flooded rice fields.
Whatch gonna do? Not my fault that ducks love water and rice.

I know, most of those rice farmers are gonna plant rice anyway though, right?

Seems I've seen some stories about DU and the agencies getting them to make some adaptations to methods in order for the area to hold more duck though.

Are we now getting back to where it's not "baiting" per se, but getting awfully close?

I wonder what the philosophers would say?

In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jcubed

Ymmv
Well, if the landowner was smart (probably not a Texan whistle )

that "Quality BreedingFee." would be tacked on to the tag and the trespass fee.

There's also a cleanup fee to remove the blood from the field so as not to spook the other Quality Bred critters, and then a disposal fee for getting rid of the cleanup items.

Guide fee for the person that leads you to the particular pasture you are to hunt that morning.

Wrangler fee for the person that wrangles up the critter you'll be hunting.

I wish I was rich, I'd buy some land in TX and set up a deal like that. laugh

In it is contentment

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Jcubed

Ymmv
You are not from Eastern Oregon, I hope. I have heard stories of how ewes, heifers, and fillies get "bred" on that side of the Snake R.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

grin

I am glad you see things my way.... was worried for a bit you relocated to Mississippi or some such place.....

Louisiana. I just want to ride my bike with Paul Barnard.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

grin

I am glad you see things my way.... was worried for a bit you relocated to Mississippi or some such place.....

Louisiana. I just want to ride my bike with Paul Barnard.

Worthy goal..... do you even remember how to ride a bike?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Of course. It's just like riding a bike.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was telling a buddy I want to get one of those electric bikes for hunting gated logging roads.... he looked at me funny and said there is no way in hell I can picture you riding a bicycle.... he had a point, so much for that idea....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Oh yeah... that didn't work so well for President Brandon recently..... wink

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
If I do it on my own it's considered baiting.

If the govt asks and pays me to do it....it's considered habitat creation.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
For the butthurt crowd this morning! laugh

It's a damn good thing I own this land and pay my taxes on it... That means I actually get to do WTF I want to do on it without any Jr. high drama queens having any input. LOL

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 16 of 17 1 2 14 15 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

90 members (6mmbrfan, 2500HD, 14idaho, 7mm_Loco, 6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 10 invisible), 1,533 guests, and 735 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,518
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.