Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#17653667 09/30/22
hardway Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Hired a kid at work about 19 that has a pretty significant tattoo on his neck.... no big deal to me. A guy that I have worked with for the last 20 years and I were bullchittin about it today.... I wonder what the REAL percentage is of people who regret their "artwork"? Most, even those that will reply to this thread will never truly admit it .... people don't like to admit that they made a bad decision.

I really don't give a crap.... personally I would never get one and give zero fugks.....some of my best friends and even my wife has a small one and I know for a fact that most of them regret getting at least some of them if not all..... especially my brother who spent many drunken nights in the tattoo chair when he was in the Marines.... has em on his neck and lower arms so he has worn a long sleeved collared shirt every day for the last 20 years. Just a thought on a Friday night.

GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Both kids have tattoos son-in-law has significant tattoos even after all the s*** I've been through I have none life has none.
Not everybody that has tattoos is a criminal but every criminal has tattoos...

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I have a feeling that tattoo removal will be huge in the next 20 years.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
No tattoos....no regerts

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have a friend who is a biker as is his wife. I usually see them at gun shows but haven gone for a while. His wife was one of the cutest blue eyed blond you could ever look at. These days she has so many tatoos, I doubt if there is space for any more. Kind of a shame really.

One day about 6 months ago, I was stuck in a long line at Walmart and there was a darn nice looking woman behind me in the line. Some hang up at the cash register with somebody's EBT card not going through. Anyway, I got to talking with the young lady and by the time I reached the cashier I could tell we were getting along quite nicely. If I'd been about 60 years younger I think it could have gotten really interesting. I really have to get rid of my hang ups with girls covered in ink. I just might be missing something.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
hardway Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by PJGunner
I have a friend who is a biker as is his wife. I usually see them at gun shows but haven gone for a while. His wife was one of the cutest blue eyed blond you could ever look at. These days she has so many tatoos, I doubt if there is space for any more. Kind of a shame really.

One day about 6 months ago, I was stuck in a long line at Walmart and there was a darn nice looking woman behind me in the line. Some hang up at the cash register with somebody's EBT card not going through. Anyway, I got to talking with the young lady and by the time I reached the cashier I could tell we were getting along quite nicely. If I'd been about 60 years younger I think it could have gotten really interesting. I really have to get rid of my hang ups with girls covered in ink. I just might be missing something.
PJ

You see these chicks every damn day.... so pretty and they just fugg it up by these HUGE tat's all over their thighs and backs... sad. A few small discrete ones are no biggie but damn.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Isn't self-mutilation a sign of mental illness? I've collected enough scars by accident that it never occurred to me to add any more on purpose.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by hardway
Hired a kid at work about 19 that has a pretty significant tattoo on his neck.... no big deal to me. A guy that I have worked with for the last 20 years and I were bullchittin about it today.... I wonder what the REAL percentage is of people who regret their "artwork"? Most, even those that will reply to this thread will never truly admit it .... people don't like to admit that they made a bad decision.

I really don't give a crap.... personally I would never get one and give zero fugks.....some of my best friends and even my wife has a small one and I know for a fact that most of them regret getting at least some of them if not all..... especially my brother who spent many drunken nights in the tattoo chair when he was in the Marines.... has em on his neck and lower arms so he has worn a long sleeved collared shirt every day for the last 20 years. Just a thought on a Friday night.
Other folks' tattoos are not what I usually think about on a Friday night.

Probably not on any other night, either.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I often wonder about those one can tell that do not have a pot to piss in, but have many dollars of ink.

Of course I have no idea what a tattoo costs.

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
IC B3

hardway Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Normally I would agree but as I sit here hooked up to my iv getting these meds pumped into my veins my wife and I were chatting about it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Normally I would agree but as I sit here hooked up to my iv getting these meds pumped into my veins my wife and I were chatting about it.

Dude.

Why you doin' that.

I hope it goes well.

Try to think about something good though.. wink

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Both of my forearms have tattoos on them, would do it all over again. Zero regrets.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
I’ve got three. Left calf, outside right wrist and left forearm. Have had the first two 5 years. Latest one about a year. No regrets . Turned 49 in August

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
My boy that was in the Navy has some, youngest daughter has a couple, Wifey and I have none. I don’t see the need.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
In the same camp as the OP. Get one if you want, I’m sure nobody cares if I approve or not. I don’t personally care for them though.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Used to not care one way or the other .
Still feel it’s their decision
But as said , see some good looking broads ruin their natural beauty .
Same with piercings
Kenneth

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Just a permanent reminder of temporary impulsiveness. But my opinion doesn’t matter too much.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Piercings don’t worry me too much, take them out and they leave only a pinpoint scar.

I don’t have any tattoos myself but IMHO there’s 1) tattoos for love, usually names of parents, kids, spouses etc Could be departed friends, comrades etc. 2) tattoos you earned like branches of the military, deployments etc and 3) all the rest.

While less is always more when it comes to tattoos I got no problem with the first two categories. Most I see are in the “all the rest” grouping.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My great grandpap had a tat of a hula girl or a mermaid on his forearm. I cant remember which. He died when I was about 10 or so but I remember he always told me never get a tat as I would come to regret it. I took his advise.
I could care less what anyone does with their own skin. I just dont want to pay for it.

Last edited by Boarmaster123; 10/01/22.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

637 members (1badf350, 163bc, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1234, 12344mag, 75 invisible), 2,453 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,315
Posts18,449,250
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.