-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mine passed of cancer when she was young so I never met her.

A person who's happy will make others happy. Anne Frank
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I get along great with mine but she is most definitely not a compassionate or giving woman. My wife said that her mom has told me that she loves me as many or more times than she’s told my wife. She came to live with us earlier this year and while it was going just fine it was most definitely a major disruption but one that we were willing to endure. She’s 84 and very capable but she liked being waited on for everything. I came back from the coast fishing and was informed by my wife that her mom was having another one of her outbursts accusing my wife of treating her poorly. It started over the amount of propane we’ve gone through in the 8 months she’s lived here. I filled up (300gal) for the 4th time this year when for the past 12 I would’ve filled it barely twice in the same time period. My MIL likes to do the dishes all day long (it seems) and it’s using a lot more propane so my wife asked her start using the dishwasher to conserve hot water. My wife couldn’t have framed her request anymore politely or non-threatening but my MIL interpreted her request as terrible mistreatment. My wife is FAR FAR more patient than her mom deserves and she puts up with a lot from her. That was the last straw for my wife….my mother in law said that she was going to go home as soon as she could find someone to drive her the 200 miles home. I gave my wife a nod and she said “mom start packing, we’ll take you home tonight”. My MIL said that she’ll stay and deal with it but my wife wasn’t playing that game anymore. We drove her ass home last night and eliminated the stress that was enveloping the family.

After I unpacked the truck at her place last night at 11:30 she told me that she loved me and thanked me for always being there to help her. I told her that I loved her too. I’m glad that her and I are still on good terms after this. I internalize all the sh.it I’m given so that I can make life a little easier for my wife. My mother in law is a difficult, selfish and stoic woman from a bygone era where only the strong survive. I’m not used to that, my family is compassionate and generous. My wife and I went above and beyond for her. We’ll do anything for the ones we love and care about but we won’t be “abused” while breaking our asses for you. I’m still pissed off about the entire thing…

Sounds like our MiL''s are kin somehow.......
We're going for some more abuse today.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mine's gone.

She lived next door (1000 ft away across the field). Wish she were still here.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I was blessed... mine passed away about 17 years ago... Still wish she was with us. She was a wonderful Mother in law and lady

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Mine was like a good friend. always lookin' out for me. R.I.P.

Last edited by poboy; 10/01/22.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Mine was great!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I loved my MIL and FIL and enjoyed being around them. They were good, hard working people.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Wife #1's mother was a great person. She died of leukemia at age 55 after a valiant fight. That household was never the same after her passing.

Current wife's mother passed before we met, but from what I've been told, she would have never been a contender for "Mother of the Year".

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
My mother in law was good to us. She helped us out a lot when we were just married and struggling. I do miss her.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
Couldn't stand mine.

" It ain't dead.As long as there's one cowboy taking care of one cow,it ain't dead ! "
Monte Walsh
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I was blessed when I married my wife. I got a sweet and loving wife. She learned to be sweet and loving by the example of her mother. I have always got along with my In-laws. That sweet lady passed away just two months ago. I wish she was as still here with us.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I did (when she was alive) - nicest lady you could ever hope for..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Never had a problem.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Very easy thank you. They both are dead and buried.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
My MIL has been dead over a decade I liked her cancer ate her up

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (02bfishn, 1lessdog, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 64 invisible), 2,498 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,344
Posts18,468,746
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.