Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Don't even get me started!

"... Not only would this affect our state agencies’ revenue but it’s also unfair to sportsmen who can’t access or afford lead alternatives and depend on hunting and fishing,” ..."

Couple of years ago, I paid $60 for ten .410 shotgun shells because they were TSS!

https://townhall.com/columnists/gab...admins-lean-ban-on-public-lands-n2613845

Last edited by martinstrummer; 10/01/22.
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It ain't about the lead.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Its been just a matter of time....when they first made the requirement of non-lead for waterfowl hunting back in the 80's on public land to using it in the hole country....
The same will happen for all hunting and fishing and there nothing that we can do but use it.....

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
It ain't about the lead.

DUH! 🤯
Of course it isn't about the "lead"!
Good catch!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There's a long running thread on rokslide about eagles eating lead. I live in an eagle rich area and also within 100 miles of several superfund mine waste sites heavy in lead.

The fact that I can have an eagle on every coyote I shoot within hours....and this has been the case for the past 30 years makes me aware of the BS campaign.

The left argues its those very yotes and birds that kill the eagles. They have gone so far as to claim errant pellets get picked up by birds who fall prey to eagles and pass the lead. I offered to send a che k to charity if someone can video themselves finding a lead pellet on public land. Still no takers.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
IC B2

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
A Civil War is Underway it just ain’t went Hot.. Yet…

This potential action just like others is all the more reason to prepare.

Their going to keep pushing cuz that’s what they Do ..

They want a Rumble ..

They think they got the Federal Muscle on their side .. I.E. Idi Amin, The Mordor Gestapo
Yes even the Coast Guard ..

I’m sure The Donkey named Mitch,Fuzzy Slippers Lindsay, Kevin McLuntz (If it Poles Well with Frank) will save US from Illegal EO or The Federal Regulatory State after the Mid Terms..

I’m Dying if I’m Lying..

It’s looking like you’ll need to move to a More Friendly State that can withstand Mordor Grasp ..

The Marxist Locust are trying to take that off the Table but at least you’ll have a Fighting Chance If enough of US get there Quickly.

In the End .. It’s Looking Like The End ..

The Time for Talking to the Left is Over ..

Roll Them or It’s the Zoo

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by high_country_
There's a long running thread on rokslide about eagles eating lead. I live in an eagle rich area and also within 100 miles of several superfund mine waste sites heavy in lead.

The fact that I can have an eagle on every coyote I shoot within hours....and this has been the case for the past 30 years makes me aware of the BS campaign.

The left argues its those very yotes and birds that kill the eagles. They have gone so far as to claim errant pellets get picked up by birds who fall prey to eagles and pass the lead. I offered to send a che k to charity if someone can video themselves finding a lead pellet on public land. Still no takers.

A couple of years ago in late January here at my remote place in Northern MN, everything frozen solid and snow covered, I put a road killed deer out front on the ice to hopefully draw any coyotes.
Within 3 hours I had exactly 12 bald eagles out there tearing at the carcass, and they only moved away when a golden showed up. There are no shortages of eagles from any cause.
Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Another way to disarm you. Next it will be "turn in all your lead ammo".

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Guess they gonna make all the batteries outa air!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
It ain't about the lead.

DUH! 🤯
Of course it isn't about the "lead"!
Good catch!

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fug em!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I got into it with a (shocker!) liberal writer from the Portland Press Herald here in Maine about the same.topic when he wrote about an article advocating for lead free rifle bullets. He claimed eagles are dying every year here from Maine. He could not back up the claim with any scientific evidence, though. He then said ducks are dying from lead. I reminded him for nearly 40 years now we've been shooting ducks with steel and non lead alternatives. No response. I told him within the hour of killing deer there are scores of crows in the air. Within 24 hours there is no more gutpile at all. I asked for his numbers on lead poisoning deaths of other carrion eaters. He called me a name and hung up the call.

The way life should be.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Hastings

> many of us will be outlaws even more !

Last edited by pete53; 10/01/22.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

One of the biggest factors out in California is the "Condor".
Necropsies of condor chicks picked up under nests show that a huge percentage died from ingesting landfill garbage fed to them by their parents.

Thousands and thousands of deer are killed or shot and unrecovered across the south and midwest annually.
But yet, the turkey vulture isn't endangered and feasts on hundreds of thousands of gut piles and carcasses every year!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hastings

They can have it.

Well, just the part that contains lead... laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
got everything I need to cast my own bullets.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by martinstrummer

One of the biggest factors out in California is the "Condor".
Necropsies of condor chicks picked up under nests show that a huge percentage died from ingesting landfill garbage fed to them by their parents.

Thousands and thousands of deer are killed or shot and unrecovered across the south and midwest annually.
But yet, the turkey vulture isn't endangered and feasts on hundreds of thousands of gut piles and carcasses every year!

Don’t forget the Snail Darter ..

Funny how The Marxist can Convince Millions to Shelve Their Instincts for an Illusion of a Virtuous State of Being

Those are Hollow Souls ..

This is a Battle not Against Flesh and Blood ..

Flesh and Blood most certainly will be …

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
More eagles are killed by those God Damn wind turbine generators than lead ever gets.

And if they want to ban lead It'll take me a long time to run out of what I got, and I pity the fool who comes to collect it...

Last edited by ingwe; 10/01/22.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
This stolen election gave them what they’ve been working for since FDR. It’s all hands on deck to destroy America. They’ve had over two years and have two OR MORE to go. They have been stealing elections for decades and they’re dam good at it. Machines, mail in voting, post office corruption and healthcare workers praying on the infirm elderly not to forget key state officials corrupting the count are just a few of their tools. Mitch & Co. are in on it.
They have the judicial and education systems on their side with the various LE agencies to enforce the madness.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Martinstrummer: Don't forget to thank all the idiots who helped get china joe biden and the ho into office - that right I am talking about turdqueen and his ilk!
Never forget.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
663 members (1234, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 74 invisible), 2,901 guests, and 1,382 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,656
Posts18,399,278
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.