Campfire Regular
G
Great news.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Took over 2 years for these premiers to find their nuts. Wouldn’t have anything to do with Polievre, would it?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Took over 2 years for these premiers to find their nuts. Wouldn’t have anything to do with Polievre, would it?

Sucking up to the new boss. smile

IC B2

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana

Probably not. Sask was giving Ottawa the butt on guns for a while.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
New Brunswick has joined the list of provinces that will not back JT's gun grab.

Good news!

https://www2.gnb.ca/content/gnb/en/news/news_release.2022.10.0577.html

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
We are lucky the NDP are not in charge in Alberta now!

KB

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
here is another thought ? January 2023 the Whitehouse will see a big change most likely ? ever thought about some of the Provinces succeeding to America ? you guys deserve better and should keep all of your rights including your guns , plus you guys should be able to own handguns too if your not a criminal. good people should not have freedoms taken away ever that`s B.S. period. right now us Americans have a idiot in Washington by a dishonest election we plan on changing that too.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pete53
here is another thought ? January 2023 the Whitehouse will see a big change most likely ? ever thought about some of the Provinces succeeding to America ? you guys deserve better and should keep all of your rights including your guns , plus you guys should be able to own handguns too if your not a criminal. good people should not have freedoms taken away ever that`s B.S. period. right now us Americans have a idiot in Washington by a dishonest election we plan on changing that too.
More than just thought about it. There's quite the movement in Alberta right now, pushing for exactly that.

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
More than just thought about it. There's quite the movement in Alberta right now, pushing for exactly that.

the time to do it is when Trump gets back in ,he`s the man who can get it done ! good luck ,Pete53 p.s. sure would be great !

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I'd rather see Canada get it's act together before changing flags.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SuperCub
New Brunswick has joined the list of provinces that will not back JT's gun grab.

Good news!

https://www2.gnb.ca/content/gnb/en/news/news_release.2022.10.0577.html
That is great news.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Why in the hell would Canadians decide to let themselves be governed by Washington DC, New York, and California? Doesn't matter which party is in charge, there would be nothing to gain. Now, if it were possible to drive a spike just north of Duluth, pivot the border so it ran along the west bank of the Mississippi, then slice off a fifty mile wide swath along the west coast, I could almost go for that.
What we really need is for the whole country to simply come to its senses and quit electing free-spending fools to public office. GD

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SuperCub
I'd rather see Canada get it's act together...

Originally Posted by greydog
What we really need is for the whole country to simply come to its senses and quit electing free-spending fools to public office. GD
I get the sentiment, fellas, but good luck with that. The best predictor of the future is the past, and Canadian history is one full of the East abusing the West, and voters electing fools into office most of the time because of the promise of welfare lifestyle.

It’s a failed experiment and a broken, long-term abusive marriage. There have been many chances for change, with no sign of any traction. Time for a divorce.

Whether the West joins the US or makes a go of it on its own, either way would be better than what we’ve been suffering. If one were trying to convince the West to join the confederation today, I can’t think of a single compelling case to do so.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why in the hell would Canadians decide to let themselves be governed by Washington DC, New York, and California?GD
Because at least in the US the states have substantial autonomy, and many of them have a backbone. Canadians have been conditioned to have neither.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Why in the hell would Canadians decide to let themselves be governed by Washington DC, New York, and California?GD
Because at least in the US the states have substantial autonomy, and many of them have a backbone. Canadians have been conditioned to have neither.

^^ THIS ^^ Trump can smooth it over , and protect the western Provinces if and when it happens ?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jordan;
Good morning to you my friend, I hope that the day is looking good on your side of the Rockies and all in your fine family are well.

Regarding your thoughts on Canadian confederation and history, I'd add the following observations.

Even in my youth there were still discussions about how to keep Canada "more British" and that was certainly a factor in the lack of a separatist movement out west - I think.

That said, somewhere in my cap collection there's a Western Canada Concept cap and that along with the Preston Manning's Reform Party were popular in our part of eastern Saskatchewan back then. For sure the Reform Party was Jordan.

While we've got a lot of recent immigrants here in BC, especially on the coast, the ones that I've interacted with see the inequity of the treatment of provinces very quickly and for the most part question it and do not approve.

I'm not sure which way the Lower Mainland might go if a vote came up today, but that said Jordan, given where our hydro power comes from as well as other natural resources, I'd think that a fiscal case could be made to the folks there for trying a different arrangement.

Personally, with no ill will towards our US friends whatsoever, I'd like to see a plan put forth for going on our own.

Your thought of "the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior" is in my view and direct experience spot on.

Interesting times for sure and as I keep saying, we'll see.

All the best and good hunting.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

the time to do it is when Trump gets back in ,he`s the man who can get it done ! good luck ,Pete53 p.s. sure would be great !

In order to be an idiot, you must have an IQ. Biden has none. Remember, even an ass hole has a purpose.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I was raised in both countries and attended school in both countries. I was in Canada when we still flew the Red Ensign and when we first elect Pierre Trudeau Believe me when I say Canada threw her heritage away.
I lived in the northwestern states and served in the US Army at Uncle Sam's request (Greetings.....). I've lived in the south and in upstate NY. While I think both countries have something to offer, I think I would much rather see western Canada go it alone than join the US. Although, I could get behind absorbing Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and the Dakotas! GD

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
704 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 73 invisible), 2,712 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,682
Posts18,399,706
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.