Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Osky
Originally Posted by high_country_
There's a long running thread on rokslide about eagles eating lead. I live in an eagle rich area and also within 100 miles of several superfund mine waste sites heavy in lead.

The fact that I can have an eagle on every coyote I shoot within hours....and this has been the case for the past 30 years makes me aware of the BS campaign.

The left argues its those very yotes and birds that kill the eagles. They have gone so far as to claim errant pellets get picked up by birds who fall prey to eagles and pass the lead. I offered to send a che k to charity if someone can video themselves finding a lead pellet on public land. Still no takers.

A couple of years ago in late January here at my remote place in Northern MN, everything frozen solid and snow covered, I put a road killed deer out front on the ice to hopefully draw any coyotes.
Within 3 hours I had exactly 12 bald eagles out there tearing at the carcass, and they only moved away when a golden showed up. There are no shortages of eagles from any cause.
Osky
Same here... After DDT was banned, the eagle population has soared.. Comin' outta the field yesterday with the chopper and a hauler in front, THREE bald eagles descended like bombs onto a poor rabbit that was chased outta the corn..

At the bluffs around Red Wing, MN. and Maiden Rock, WI., eagles are in the air everywhere.. Once saw eight of 'em onto a deer that got hit by a car and made it about 200 yards into a field... The 'buffet' was open.. smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Hastings
Another way to disarm you. Next it will be "turn in all your lead ammo".

Read my tag line. Lead bullets preferred.
PJ

Last edited by PJGunner; 10/01/22.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Quick fact wind turbines kill between 700-1000 eagles per year.

Swifty
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Swifty52

Yep. And the whole Lead ban on shot for Duck hunting Bullschitt was a hoax too. 😡

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Yep. And the whole Lead ban on shot for Duck hunting Bullschitt was a hoax too. 😡
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Out in left field?

Guess what?
If you have a spot beside a lake/water course where you regularly shoot waterfowl and doves.
If you shoot waterfowl, you can be fined for using lead shot.
If you're hunting doves in the very same spot, you can use lead with no repercussions! 🤪

You can literally set up a trap machine in you duck blind and shoot trap between duck flights and be legal!

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Are buzzards, coyotes, and opossums somehow immune to lead poisoning?

I don’t know about you guys, but today, I’m seeing eagles lots of places I’ve never seen them before.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Weigh a lead sinker, swallow it, after you shcit it out, weigh it again, calculate how much lead your body consumed.

Fill a container with water, test it for lead, add some lead bullets, sinkers or pipe, cover and let sit for days, weeks months, test the water again and see how much lead was absorbed into the water.

Hint, lead in the solid form cannot be absorbed into the body, or water,. There are millions of miles of lead pipe supply drinking water to American homes, nobody is getting poisoned by lead pipe.

Oh and your smelting pot when making lead bullets and jigs does not produce toxic Lead vapors either. Lead doesn’t vaporize until heated to over 800*, if you are casting at that high of a temp, you are an idiot .

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
That ain't enough. We need more wind turbines.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
If I’m not mistaken I’m pretty sure that the US doesn’t even have a primary lead smelting factory in operation any longer. I think Obama sealed the deal with the EPA years ago on shutting down primary smelters. And with that only a small handful of lead mines are even in operation in the US.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
As noted above, it has nothing to do with lead... And EVERYTHING to do with control...

IC B3

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Death (to the Republic) by a million little (communist/marxist/liberal) cuts...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (1234, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 54 invisible), 2,652 guests, and 1,068 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,313
Posts18,468,282
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.