Originally Posted by Poconojack
June is my favorite time of the year

What …

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Meh.

Yeah, yeah. You're not fooling anybody. We all know that beneath that hard exterior you're actually a big romantic sweetie.

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Some great shots added above and it sounds like I'm not alone in loving the fall. Truth is, there's something to love about all seasons in my book, but here in New England the changes are measurable and pretty dramatic and fairly constant year to year. I know folks get used to where they know and live, but I cannot fathom living anywhere where there are no real seasonal changes throughout the year, at least by my personal standard. YMMV, naturally.

JC: It was grey here today, with drizzle as well. I like it better crisp and clear, but I'll take what we get.

SR: I've yet to hear an elk bugle, but I hope to change that some day.

CHL: Yes, we've spoiled our girls rotten, but love just about every minute of it.

Barry: You bet!

John/5sd: Always enjoy your input on literary stuff. 'I cannot endure to waste anything so precious as autumnal sunshine by staying in the house.'

--Nathaniel Hawthorne

SC: Moose meat and rum sounds like a good combo. Handsome boy who likes feathers, too!

Rooster: Good memory. I'm heading west mid-month. Can't hardly wait!

AK: I don't really do any sweet booze. A battle to the almost death --at least that's what it felt like-- I had at 12 with a bottle of SoCo cured me of that.

Tikka and MW: Thanks, gents. I appreciate you guys' imput regularly too.

Rong and Saddlering, thanks for that. I like to try to pay it forward and give some folks who really want to get outdoors a chance to see what some of us do. If they take to it, fantastic. If not, that's OK too. Funny, but when I saw that it was going to be raining this morning I was half expecting Nick to cancel. When he called, I thought to myself, 'here it comes...', but nope. He was calling to apologize for the fact that he was going to be maybe 5 minutes late. I'd warned him about not having me wait on him in general but in particular when fishing or hunting was involved.

Nick followed up with a couple of pics from tonight's dinner with his wife and little girl. He'd never tasted of, or cooked pheasant before today. I assured him that pheasant can be delicious if prepared right. Apparently, breaded and fried pheasant has been added to the list of dishes that the family makes together, and really enjoys. Good job, Nicky and fam'!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Any more pics from around the nation as we enter October are more than welcome.

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by ShaunRyan
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Meh.

Yeah, yeah. You're not fooling anybody. We all know that beneath that hard exterior you're actually a big romantic sweetie.

Stop encouraging him. He needs a time out!

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Yes, fall is here! I had the chance to get an antelope doe tag in my new home state and our group went 5 for 5 on antelope does. We saw lots of nice bucks and almost got within petting distance of a few, they must have known that they were safe. Also, Balloon Fiesta started in Albuquerque yesterday and my wife sent some pics she took from our backyard after the mass ascension. My apologies to you friend Leighton, I will never be as good with a camera as you. I hope I score some points for an honest attempt.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
I wish all twelve months could be November.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Wow! Great pics from all.

Two weeks from now will begin my favorite time. Ends when the snow keeps me out the woods, or the end of February, whichever comes first.

There are two days of geezer antlerless/bear/turkey season coming up Oct. 15-16, then four more antlerless/bear Oct. 20-23. Hoping to make meat so I feel free to bird hunt someplace, plus the chasing should be on by then.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I concur. First deer hunting trip of the season. Going back up end of October.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Addendum

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
NDSnowman - your hunting pic's look like NE NM.
No where very near ABQ, as far as I can tell.
Region?

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Region?

We were about 30 miles East of Raton.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by NDsnowman
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Region?

We were about 30 miles East of Raton.

Visited Raton once when looking at Trinidad Community College. GORGEOUS country.

Me

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The stupid cold hurts. It's 63 here and I have to put a shirt on to go outside. Below 70 I'm uncomfortable/hurting, below 50 I'm miserable and not about to go outside. Luckily, it doesn't frost but once or thrice usually and it'll get up to 80 in the winter on warm days. I need to move back to the caribbean but Mrs. Geno is not interested - no tier one research universities there.

The colors look like a bruise to me.

A person who's happy will make others happy. Anne Frank
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Geno67
The stupid cold hurts. It's 63 here and I have to put a shirt on to go outside. Below 70 I'm uncomfortable/hurting, below 50 I'm miserable and not about to go outside. Luckily, it doesn't frost but once or thrice usually and it'll get up to 80 in the winter on warm days. I need to move back to the caribbean but Mrs. Geno is not interested - no tier one research universities there.

Anything above 68 and I'm miserable. Give me a hoodie and 30 degrees year round. Happy.

Me

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Teal

Anything above 68 and I'm miserable. Give me a hoodie and 30 degrees year round. Happy.

Get some elevation under you and that 68 won't happen all that often. Makes the winters a bit tougher. Maybe a summer place in the hills and a winter place down a little.

A person who's happy will make others happy. Anne Frank
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Great pictures as usual. I love this time of year. Scheduled to go out and chase some roosters in a couple weeks. Deer a month after that.

Jerry

Minnesota; Land of 10,000 Taxes
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Teal

Get some elevation under you and that 68 won't happen all that often. Makes the winters a bit tougher. Maybe a summer place in the hills and a winter place down a little.
Been nice here the last couple of days in the lower eighties.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Mid 80s to 60s driving up the mountain 90 minutes East to hunt deer.

"Maybe we're all happy."

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by NDsnowman
Yes, fall is here! I had the chance to get an antelope doe tag in my new home state and our group went 5 for 5 on antelope does. We saw lots of nice bucks and almost got within petting distance of a few, they must have known that they were safe. Also, Balloon Fiesta started in Albuquerque yesterday and my wife sent some pics she took from our backyard after the mass ascension. My apologies to you friend Leighton, I will never be as good with a camera as you. I hope I score some points for an honest attempt.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

My man, I can't tell you how much it makes me smile to see that you're already enjoying your retirement out there. You've made it, and are embracing it. You guys have taken your chances, played fair and square and have won the game, obviously. Big congrats! Loving it!

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by FatCity67
I concur. First deer hunting trip of the season. Going back up end of October.

Your chiquita bonita seems like a total pistol and a gal who'd destroy any preconceived notions about today's females and their 'place', Fats. Love it, mayn. Thanks for sharing. Your tribe is keeping it proud, hermano. Orale pues, vato.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

211 members (2ndwind, 240NMC, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 1_deuce, 34 invisible), 2,164 guests, and 1,113 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,715
Posts18,457,081
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.