Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by RAS
Reason #48 on why I don’t fish tournaments.

This one is 100% lead free.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]picture host

I think we need to go fishing. wink

Last edited by jaguartx; 10/02/22.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hookeye
Originally Posted by Prwlr
Taking a slightly different angle on this - I wonder how their wives and kids are taking this. Feel for the kids being ribbed about their dads being cheaters. Kids can be brutal to other kids.

Kids might not be theirs......cheaters attract cheaters n all

LOL grin

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by hookeye
Originally Posted by Prwlr
Taking a slightly different angle on this - I wonder how their wives and kids are taking this. Feel for the kids being ribbed about their dads being cheaters. Kids can be brutal to other kids.

Kids might not be theirs......cheaters attract cheaters n all

Lots of Bidens and Sickermores and Houston_2s buds claiming kids trafficked across the border aren't their real fathers either. That's why Trump and Sessions instituted genetic testing.

Biden ended that, endearing himself to those pukes along with Gayghost and Northmam. whistle

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gunzo
Anybody would have to be really stupid to add a bunch of weight to a fish. I couldn't, but have a bunch of buds that can judge the weight of certain local fish within a few ounces just with a quick look.

I'm sure the local Walleye guys could immediately know something was off.
Fished a few SKA "southern kingfish association" tournaments With a buddy who is a DR, he'd hook up an IV bag with saline solution to the fish. LOL None of those kings were ever close enough to being big enough to win.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Dp1975
They look exactly like a couple douche bags so I’m not surprised

My first thought also. Look up Douche bag in the dictionary and you'll see their picture.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Anybody would have to be really stupid to add a bunch of weight to a fish. I couldn't, but have a bunch of buds that can judge the weight of certain local fish within a few ounces just with a quick look.

Fished a few SKA "southern kingfish association" tournaments With a buddy who is a DR, he'd hook up an IV bag with saline solution to the fish. LOL None of those kings were ever close enough to being big enough to win.

Wow. That's taking it seriously lol

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Jcubed

haha no doubt!

I picture IV carts on wheels rolling all over the boat. Doc going "S HIT! Hook that one back up will ya, I got a bite!"

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rainshot
It was the same shenanigans for the Soap Box Downhill race. The kids were supposed to build their car but it ended up being a contest for professional mechanics. The Dyess AFB troupe race car had an aluminum frame. Many of the care were professionally painted. They were works of art. It wasn’t for the kids. It was for the parents.
Reminds me of my short stint in Cub Scouts in the late 70's. My Dad and I entered the Pinewood Derby for the first time. Cars were supposed to be made bybthe scouts, with help from their parents. We naively entered boxy, untuned and unweighted cars painted with leftover house paint. The competition was all made by fathers in their shops or the shops at their work. Pretty impressive looking and fast cars that my self made chunk of wood didn't stand a chance against.

It left me pretty jaded about sportsmanship as a 9 year old.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
I’ve caught one particular dude cheating at youth 4-H shooting competition. He enters an illegal gun in hopes of slipping it through. He got caught last year and had a legal gun at the ready. His kid is a good shooter and doesn’t need to cheat to compete well. As stated above, it is all about the parent.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by Jcubed

haha no doubt!

I picture IV carts on wheels rolling all over the boat. Doc going "S HIT! Hook that one back up will ya, I got a bite!"

LOL...

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The biggest worry on actual tourney days is being anywhere near the starting or ending boat drag-race.
A few years ago, the big bass tournaments changed the HP rules for boat motors. Before, they had a limit on HP. As I read it, on the big lakes, a bigger motor could get a fisherman to the far end of the lake 10 min faster. That's 10 min out and 10 min back so that's 20 min for the day. During a 3 day tournament, 20 min a day is an hour more fishing time when you could catch the big one. That's also going to put a lot of much faster boats in that drag race.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Anytime there’s money involved there’s gonna be cheaters. Was in a ‘local’ coyote hunting contest some years ago. One of my buds entered with us who was one of the best out there. The contest began at daybreak and concluded at 8 pm. Every year prior the winning team would have maybe 3 coyotes. Well, that year the winning team had 21! You can’t even have that many sets in that amount of time. They were obviously hunting the night before with multiple groups feeding the ‘winners’. We had two that year and placed fourth.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by RAS
Reason #48 on why I don’t fish tournaments.

This one is 100% lead free.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]picture host

Why the nitrile gloves?

Regards

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ben Lurkin;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope the day down in your section of Utah is going well.

Thanks for the coyote derby story, I was hoping we Canucks weren't the only ones who had folks who'd cheat to win a coyote "derby".

In truth the local Ministry of Environment took a very dim view of our gun club running it, but we felt that when the fur prices dropped and everyone had stopped shooting them, we'd ended up with too many.

Since the ministry said no to a straight up "contest", we came up with the idea to run it over the winter and have folks turn in the tails so we could get a population sampling for mange. Then we'd pass that data onto the MoE and it's be "legit-ish"... wink

The first year everyone more or less stuck to the rules and I want to say the winner had 7 or 8 over the season and the runner's up were close so it seemed kosher. Then we - the club - paid out the top 3...

Well, next year the top guy had something like 21 when everyone else was down in single digits.

We paid out, but heard rumors and those of us running it smelled Rodentia somewhere, you know?

The next year it was the same thing and we'd heard from a few people who were picking up road kills and giving them to him, so we paid out and shut the contest down - er well the population sampling down I mean.

Folks are funny when it comes to competition, that's for sure. Too bad too but that's the way we humans seem to tend to be.

Regardless sir, I wish you a good remainder of the weekend and all the best this hunting season.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I’m all for cheating to win but that’s fugking criminal.

Not only regarding prize money/winnings but they’re taking money from sponsors.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I remember back in the 90s when Bob Glidden got caught cheating. He won more pro stock races than any other driver in NHRA history. His son Bill ratted him out, What Bob had done was pressurize his roll cage/chassis with NOS and had a small tube built into his hood and hood scope that would mist NOS down into the carbs, which was good for about a 1/16, 1/8 second which is a lot in that class that is usually determined by the driver's skills. Motorsports are notorious for cheating, Richard Petty was good at it.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I remember back in the 90s when Bob Glidden got caught cheating. He won more pro stock races than any other driver in NHRA history. His son Bill ratted him out, What Bob had done was pressurize his roll cage/chassis with NOS and had a small tube built into his hood and hood scope that would mist NOS down into the carbs, which was good for about a 1/16, 1/8 second which is a lot in that class that is usually determined by the driver's skills. Motorsports are notorious for cheating, Richard Petty was good at it.

That's pretty impressive.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

It wasn't Bob that used the nitrous. It was his son Rusty that did it to prove it could be done. Bob was accusing the Dodge boys of using it amongst others.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by rainshot
It was the same shenanigans for the Soap Box Downhill race. The kids were supposed to build their car but it ended up being a contest for professional mechanics. The Dyess AFB troupe race car had an aluminum frame. Many of the care were professionally painted. They were works of art. It wasn’t for the kids. It was for the parents.

Mountain Man camps with Black Powder shooting Competitions here in Southern Commyfornia we had the same Couple win 1st and 2nd prize for years.
They would pick the people that they would shoot with and pay them off. Each group kept score for each other

Some of those Competitions would have $2000 to $3000 rifles and an lot of donated prizes from members of the clubs

It got so bad with these 2 that no one would buy into the Competition when these 2 would show up.
The prize money dwindled to almost nothing.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Longbob

It wasn't Bob that used the nitrous. It was his son Rusty that did it to prove it could be done. Bob was accusing the Dodge boys of using it amongst others.
Guess so been years since I heard the story but what I posted was what was told to me back then.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (1OntarioJim, 224th, 222Sako, 204guy, 222ND, 10gaugeman, 39 invisible), 1,959 guests, and 1,112 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,064
Posts18,463,464
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.