Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
You guys who make a point of not having lived in sin.

Where you (both) virgins at marriage?

You know, where you sleep isn't a sin,
it's what you do awake that is.
No matter what your addresses.

No, we didn't live together.
No, we weren't angels.

Bet this thread dies fast!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
If two people love and care for each other why does organized religion have to sanction it other than for money? I have Faith but screw the money-hungry churches.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Pretty sure you never heard me say anything of that sort. Love who you want to love however you want to love them.

A person who's happy will make others happy. Anne Frank
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Geno67
Pretty sure you never heard me say anything of that sort. Love who you want to love however you want to love them.

Hmmm...

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Genesis 1:28

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

I think he gave us permission to screw our brains out, no?

KB

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
The list of scheit I’m going to hell for is long and fairly comprehensive. Premarital cohabitation is waaaaaay down the list.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
"Love your neighbor- - - - -just don't get caught!"

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jackmountain
The list of scheit I’m going to hell for is long and fairly comprehensive. Premarital cohabitation is waaaaaay down the list.

Exactly! I will see you there and I am fairly certain I will be in the "Express Lane". I look at it like this: No matter how much I liked a new pair of boots I would never buy them without trying them on first.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The Bible was written by men, so they put their interpretation in there, first organized religion.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Organized religion, is about money first and foremost, the Catholic church in point.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
About like i expected.

Where are the guys this was targeted at?

Nothing wrong with you all giving your input, it's welcomed.

Personally, I'm against the shacking up thing. It's not ideal, much of life isn't.

Roger stated it well

There are many relationship options way worse.

Was just trolling to find someone with the integrity to admit they
opposed it, but still did the deed out of wedlock.
Maybe explain how my perception is wrong.

Or, to see how many had some standing to judge, after keeping it
in their pants until there was a ring on the finger.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I doubt that any of us waited until marriage. The concept of virginity until marriage or at minimum some level of self control isn’t a bad one.

We all want sex. Most of us have a lot of it before marriage because we want it. There’s more pitfalls to sleeping around before a committed relationship, STD’s, used and jaded woman, unplanned pregnancy’s and broken homes than there are any advantages.

Most of us do it. It isn’t the high water mark for a society or culture and religious or societal norms that minimize it are nearly always good for a society Vs. One that encourages it.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
My mother & I had a very serious talk about this.

She, a very strong southern Baptist told me straight up that she was very unhappy with my living with my girlfriend, & we should be married.

I told her that might happen but after the first wife I had, my second was going to be known a tested as much as possible. I still don't think it's right, she said. Get used to it ,ignore it or whatever, I sad. But if this one doesn't work out, I'll live with another that I think might have potential, before I EVER marry again.

She finally realized times were different & I had made a decent choice. That woman I had lived in sin with was with her & holding her hand when she passed.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I do believe, contrary to my past behavior, that one is supposed to select a spouse and stay with them for life except in the case of adultery, but that doesn’t, IMO require a civil contract, only a personal and spiritual commitment. Numerous figures in the Bible had children by their servants, and no mention is made of marriage, just procreation, and no stigma is attached to the offspring. Whoring around however, wasn’t okay. Non-believers were and are free to do whatever they want, at their own risk naturally, and eventually😛

When I was a Baptist, I asked one of the pastors how it was that God permitted the patriarchs and kings to have multiple wives and concubines, yet continued to bless them abundantly, but current theology condemns it. His answer was less than satisfactory, that it just showed the extent of God's mercy. I ain’t buying that. Even Paul, while enumerating the qualifications for service, listed “being the husband of one wife”, for reasons obvious to me in the context, but he didn’t say having more than one was wrong per se. So it appears to me that as long as you don’t ditch the previous wife, it may be entirely acceptable to have more than one, if you can take the heat, and subject to local ordinances of course.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Won't buy a cow without sampling the milk.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
In legal marriage= the church and state make money, Divorce the lawyers and state make money.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
2 wives at once, you've gone mad.
Me and the wife were not virgins before marriage, but I'm thinking I'm gonna turn into one if that's possible. Menopause is not very fun

Romans 5:1
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Lots of folks want to make excuses for poor behavior.

Is society better served by a 2 parent household?
Is society better served by those 2 people staying together?

Societal pressure to stay loyal and true to your mate isn’t just a way for the man to get more money from you, or a way for the church to insert itself into your life.

I cohabitated with one woman, and it’ll haunt me to my grave.

My wife and I moved in together once we were engaged 22 years ago and she hasn’t left yet. smile

MAGA
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
IMHO, two people can be in a committed marriage relationship without the blessing of the State..............

The State(s) have decided that men can marry men, and Cali was apparently going to issue a marriage license to a man and his horse! 'Til they found out the horse was 15yo, and the State required parental consent if under 16..............

Many States are now confused on gender.

With all that I don't need the blessing of the GOV for a marriage................

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I'm not in the pro "shacking up" camp or hook up culture. However I'm completely against some governing or sanctioning body being involved in some couple's affairs with permission and marriage certificates.

When I look into how they "took" themselves wives in the scriptures I've no problem with that either. I'm also fine if a fella has multiple wives much like the patriarchs of Israel.

Our problem in these so called modern times is that we've left the traditional family and marriage values and have sanctioned women becoming something other than wives and wife material. Young men in times past were married early and we read about people back in the day getting married so young. The utility of that is so it keeps the young me from roaming around causing trouble and wasting effort and energy. If young fellas at that age can work, and get reliable tail at home they were more productive and reliable and it kept them from straying in an agrarian and pastoral lifestyle. Today the govt and western modern society has disrupted that model. Men won't have to sleep around if their getting everything at home

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
531 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 51 invisible), 2,316 guests, and 1,066 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,596
Posts18,398,179
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.