Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#17661144 10/03/22
Bugger Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
RMEF is sending out knives made in China as a renewal membership bonus.
For those of you that didn’t fight the communists in Korea or Vietnam it may be no big deal.
But for me I will never ever send a penny to RMEF.
May their leadership rot in Hell.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
GB1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Whatever.

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Bugger
For those of you that didn’t fight the communists in Korea or Vietnam it may be no big deal.

They have been doing that for years. I think I even have a Buck knife that is China made. I do have a small Gerber with replaceable blades they sent me. It has been quite a few since I sent them any money.

I'd bet 97% of the stuff Cabelas, Bass Pro and Walmart sells is from China

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Sorry but they do really vital work for elk and their habitat. Please tell me who you are going to contribute to instead?

You are prob wearing some item of clothing made in China. The chips in the car you drive are prob made in China.

Yes, we need to be less dependent on China. Of that that we can all agree. But not giving to RMEF is not the way to get that done. Tell them what you think for sure. But you are shooting your self in the foot if you try and bring them down.

Venor ergo sum
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

I'm with you 100%!!! There are plenty of knives made in USA they could send you. I have had similar experiences.... A few years ago I became a life member of GOA and they sent me a foreign made hat as a gift. I packaged it up, put a note in the box that explained my reasons and sent it back. About a week later I got a call from them and the man asked if I would wear their shirt if it was made in USA. I agreed and a few days later I got 2 made in USA shirts from them. All good. Did the same with the NRA and received a made in USA hat in return. Give it a try, maybe if enough of us stick together these organizations will get the point.

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I’d say the good that RMEF does far outweighs a Chinese made cap. Like others have said, virtually everything you use or wear today has origins in China.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Lol. You’ve got commie made [bleep] everywhere in your house, I guarantee. The way production has gone overseas, you can’t live in America and not use it. Often, there is simply no other product offered.

RMEF is one of the best conservation orgs out there.

Thank you for your service, but don’t cut off your nose to spite your face.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
RMEF ain’t perfect but it does a lot of good.

Most Americans take for granted the North American Wildlife Model and what it has done for us.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
RMEF are out of Montana , RMEF have never been any help for the handi-cap or old either .RMEF seem to be against the old and handi-cap too be able to use a x-bow during archery season on Federal land in Montana. my friend was a wounded front-line Viet Nam Marine that can no longer draw a bow because of shot in shoulder in Nam and this Marine wanted to use a x-bow during the archery season as a resident of Montana but can not. shame on RMEF and Montana !

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
What does RMEF have to do with the crossbow laws in Montana ?
And , RMEF has donated to various handicap hunter programs across the country, lots of money in Wyoming.

IC B3

Bugger Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I’ll never ever send those Ass holes another penny!

But then I knew there would be guys that never served that could care about all the guys who lost their lives or were scarred for life. There’s people here that clearly fit that bill.

Last edited by Bugger; 10/04/22.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am not a fan of RMEF for multiple reasons, not the least of which is them spending so damn much money on advertising and “free” gifts. I don’t want their cheap equipment or commemorative crap regardless of where it was made.

I do however, belong in the camp saying that nearly everything we have had some origin in China. Anything “Made in USA” these days has origins of some form in China despite what the box or tag says. I’ll bet good money every person on this thread is typing on a device almost entirely made in China.

It is what it is and yes, I did serve though not during the Korean or Vietnam eras. I most certainly am not one who doesn’t care about those killed or scarred during those conflicts.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I am not a fan of RMEF for multiple reasons, not the least of which is them spending so damn much money on advertising and “free” gifts. I don’t want their cheap equipment or commemorative crap regardless of where it was made.

I do however, belong in the camp saying that nearly everything we have had some origin in China. Anything “Made in USA” these days has origins of some form in China despite what the box or tag says. I’ll bet good money every person on this thread is typing on a device almost entirely made in China.

It is what it is and yes, I did serve though not during the Korean or Vietnam eras. I most certainly am not one who doesn’t care about those killed or scarred during those conflicts.

Nailed it.

Keep their gifts and put more into the elk.

Semper Fi
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by T_Inman

Nailed it.

Keep their gifts and put more into the elk.

That formula of gifts and ads must work well. The NRA has used it for years to line Wayne’s pockets.

I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pete53
RMEF are out of Montana , RMEF have never been any help for the handi-cap or old either .RMEF seem to be against the old and handi-cap too be able to use a x-bow during archery season on Federal land in Montana. my friend was a wounded front-line Viet Nam Marine that can no longer draw a bow because of shot in shoulder in Nam and this Marine wanted to use a x-bow during the archery season as a resident of Montana but can not. shame on RMEF and Montana !

Elk advocacy is not crossbow or disabled hunter advocacy.

Look to another group for that.

But also, crossbows can FO. I don’t want them in the woods. You could make the argument that disabled hunters should be allowed to do all kinds of things like hunt from a helicopter or an Abrams tank. The line has to be drawn somewhere.

Maybe just use a gun? They can get a key to access gated roads around the state and shoot from a vehicle already.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by saddlesore

They have been doing that for years. I think I even have a Buck knife that is China made. I do have a small Gerber with replaceable blades they sent me. It has been quite a few since I sent them any money.

I'd bet 97% of the stuff Cabelas, Bass Pro and Walmart sells is from China

Because we buy it.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
It's OK to donate to conservation groups and not take cheap garbage in return. I just tell them no thanks, I don't want the trinkets.

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Your logic is ….. well, unique.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My neighbor helped me get my cow elk out yesterday.

He had a hunting club of America lifetime membership knife. I doubt that bad boy could butter sliced bread.

Plant a tree, buy a hungry kid a school lunch.

Me thinks corporate charities are ………

Well corporations that get to legally hide profit.

Similar to

I am from the government………

And here to help.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
what sort of American made knife do you think ought to be sent out as a thank you gift for $35/year (appx RMEF renewal fee)?

heck, I dont even want more knives at this stage.

First teach a child to love God, second teach him to love family, third teach him to fish and hunt and by the time he is in his teens no dope dealer under the sun can teach him anything. Cotton Cordell
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

617 members (160user, 2500HD, 204guy, 257 roberts, 12344mag, 1234, 52 invisible), 2,457 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,635
Posts18,455,246
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.