Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Hey dipshit, Kyle showed me this…

The entire point of that exchange is to keep you bugger hook off the bang switch until ready to fire.

Learn safe gun handling and the 4 rules before you kill someone like Alec Baldwin.

It's even funnier that Kyle was there when Norm Hooten gave that iconic line in real life.

But current best practices has the AR safety engaged at all times when not firing and finger off trigger when not firing.

Get you finger off the trigger, Alec jr.

Get your head out of your ass, Stick jr.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Get your finger off those trigger Alec jr.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Maybe try the butt out tool…

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Maybe try the butt out tool…

Maybe read a book about gun safety. I would recommend this on based on your knowledge level of gun handling "Safety Science for Dumies, Bugger Hook off Bang Swtich".

You could attend a "Gun Safety Summer Camp" but alas summer is a ways off and we don't need you shootin someone just because you can't handle guns safely.

World has more than enough Alec Baldwins killin people left and right because the single action is some how hard to understand.

Note proper finger location on the single action revolver.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Last edited by JohnBurns; 11/18/22.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The finger out of the trigger guard safety rule can be safely ignored with a single action revolver, since it's not hot till you cock the hammer, and you only cock the hammer when you're ready to fire. If you choose, last second, not to fire, you control the hammer back down with your thumb and trigger finger while pointing in a safe direction, putting it back in the safe carry mode, i.e., not hot mode.

IC B2

Exchipy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
An illustration of the Number 1 finger position:

Every day’s an adventure.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The finger out of the trigger guard safety rule can be safely ignored with a single action revolver, since it's not hot till you cock the hammer, and you only cock the hammer when you're ready to fire. If you choose, last second, not to fire, you control the hammer back down with your thumb and trigger finger while pointing in a safe direction, putting it back in the safe carry mode, i.e., not hot mode.

Exchipy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Enough about fingers.

Instead, how’s about some more pictures of interesting revolvers?

Exchipy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
The quality of a revolver’s sights can certainly influence its hit potential:

This photo clearly illustrates where the focus must be. Also notice the increased depth of the rear notch, which improves the consistency of horizontal alignment - always a struggle with a two-inch.

With the same revolver, double action, two hands standing, at 50 feet, on a good day. There still seems to be an annoying flyer to spoil things. But, notice the limited lateral dispersion.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Local city police SW28. Remarkably the blueing is still pretty good. Grips were Pachmyer’s and in poor shape. Kids got me these (Houge’s I think) for Christmas a few years back. I like them ok. Much better than what it came with. Looking for a set of original target grips reasonably priced.

A fine shooting revolver. I’ve used it at steel matches and lots of informal get togethers. Loaded down WC’s, LEE 105’s and various 158’s are favorites.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Nice Highway Patrolman, and grips. Yes, those look like Hogues.

Nice thing about the 28 is that you can shoot the hottest .357 Magnum load available, and it feels like you're shooting .38 Special.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

LOL.

Now apply that unsafe logic to guns with safeties.

Thanks.

There is a reason we have 4 rules and guys who ignore thoase rules are unsafe.

Just like Alec Baldwin.

Don't be like Alec Baldwin.

Revolver Picture. No Weatherby scoped rifles were used to take this moose.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Exchipy
The quality of a revolver’s sights can certainly influence its hit potential:

This photo clearly illustrates where the focus must be. Also notice the increased depth of the rear notch, which improves the consistency of horizontal alignment - always a struggle with a two-inch.

With the same revolver, double action, two hands standing, at 50 feet, on a good day. There still seems to be an annoying flyer to spoil things. But, notice the limited lateral dispersion.
Interesting. I hadn't considered the depth of the rear sight notch being such a factor in shot dispersion, but the "light bulb" has turned on. Cool. Thanks for the insight. That explains some results I've been getting with my older eyes.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
John, please explain how an accidental or negligent discharge can occur as a result of the trigger finger inadvertently depressing the trigger of a single action revolver that's not cocked.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Enough about fingers.

Instead, how’s about some more pictures of interesting revolvers?
Burns’ record is four fingers.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
John, please explain how an accidental or negligent discharge can occur as a result of the trigger finger inadvertently depressing the trigger of a single action revolver that's not cocked.

LOL.

You're like the guy who flags everyone with his "unloaded" gun.

Explain how a 1911 can discharge when on safe? Do you put your finger in the trigger with 1911s on safe?

Do you flag everyone with a single action and tell them not to worry because the hammer is down?

Anyone who thinks it's ok to keep their finger on the trigger has ingrained unsafe gun handling skills.

See also tranfer bars.

Keep you finger off the trigger and quit trying to excuse Shrappy Baldwin's poor gun handling.

Last edited by JohnBurns; 11/19/22.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
None of this has a dam thing to do with Alec Baldwin. Alec had a pistol as a movie prop handed to him by the armor that was supposed to be loaded with blanks. Baldwin deliberately cocked the hammer and pulled the trigger

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LOL.

Alec Baldwin claims he never touched the trigger just like you tried to claim "Shrappy" Baldin was not touching the trigger.

Learn safe gun handling skills.

Don't be like "Shrappy" Baldwin.

Revolver Picture with a heaping helping of safe gun handling.

Originally Posted by jwp475
None of this has a dam thing to do with Alec Baldwin. Alec had a pistol as a movie prop handed to him by the armor that was supposed to be loaded with blanks. Baldwin deliberately cooked the hammer and pulled the trigger

By the way a SA revolver is not a pistol and it does not matter who said what about the condition of that revolver.

4 Rules.

Last edited by JohnBurns; 11/19/22.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Didn’t take long for a cool thread to turn into a pissing match as usual.

Shrapnel, I appreciate your pictures, thanks for sharing.

Exchipy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Interesting. I hadn't considered the depth of the rear sight notch being such a factor in shot dispersion, but the "light bulb" has turned on. Cool. Thanks for the insight. That explains some results I've been getting with my older eyes.
Learned that secret as a youngster with a Model 15 PPC revolver set up like this:
That rear sight blade is actually intended for a S&W Model 41 semi-auto .22LR target pistol. As properly installed in that pistol, angling to the rear, it presents the usual S&W shallow notch without any reflection. However, when installed straight up in a revolver sight, as shown here, the notch is presented as much deeper.

The rear sight blade on that 2” 63, was made from a taller blade intended for an adjustable rear sight on 3rd Generation S&W semi-auto, by simply filing the notch deeper.

Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

133 members (257 mag, 35, 10Glocks, 300jimmy, 41rem, 13 invisible), 1,269 guests, and 849 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,176
Posts18,465,454
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.