Print Thread
Hop To
S
Seuss Online Content OP
Campfire Member
OP Online Content
Campfire Member
S
My trail camera grabbed a pic of a true monster a couple weeks ago, spending my sleepless nights thinking of getting on this guy.
Our black powder season coincides with the start of the rut, usually has good chasing, etc.
Thinking of using scent, has anyone had positive results one way or another? If yes, what are you using?
Thanks guys.

Attached Images
BuckPic2022.jpg (9.16 KB, 241 downloads)
Last edited by Seuss; 10/04/22.

There's always hope as long as there's lead in the air.
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Seuss
My trail camera grabbed a pic of a true monster a couple weeks ago, spending my sleepless nights thinking of getting on this guy.
Our black powder season coincides with the start of the rut, usually has good chasing, etc.
Thinking of using scent, has anyone had positive results one way or another? If yes, what are you using?
Thanks guys.

If you're not drinking Tink's 69 as part of your daily ritual by this time of the year....it's not to late. Double up! Usually a sip or two right before you go out would do. But you would have had to start mid to late August. Being this is October, you're going to have to drink one of the 1oz bottles per week until November. It will work, you just have to stick with the program.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've seen it work, I've seen it spook deer, I've seen bucks walk right under wicks without any indication they noticed it or cared.

Real does don't seem to care for it and I'd rather have a real life decoy stick around...

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Vanilla extract (Happy Home brand with no alcohol) is good for drawing in a buck. Have used it on a drag rag many times and had them under my tree. Put a cotton ball on a load hanging limb had them walk up to it smelling. Have bow killed 2 deer doing this. Good cover scent....and as Johnny Bench says..."you won't stink!"

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Tinks is the last one you should use, that guy is a POS.

Get a good urine collected fresh from a doe in heat or go synthetic, some states require synthetic urine now because of CWD.
Google turns up lots of doe in heat urines.

Rattling may work for you too.

IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
The stuff Hoosiers trapping supply sells is awesome.

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
A few years ago my brother shot a doe in heat. While she was laying there 3 bucks came and sniffed and tried to get her up. All within about 20 min. We gutted her and saved the urinate bad. We drained it into a clean glass jar. The next day I took it with me. I made a spot with it in the middle of a field about 100 yards out. I had two bucks walk downwind within 20 yards of it and neither one even missed a step.
On a different note there was a product called Gland u lure. My brother had put some on his boot to create a trail on the edge of a field. He was walking and kinda got a strange feeling. He looked behind him and about 15 ft away was a buck in his tracks with his noise to the ground. Scared the hell out of both of them. Edk

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wytex

Get a good urine collected fresh from a doe in heat or go synthetic, some states require synthetic urine now because of CWD.

I have no comment on whether the Tink guy is a POS, but I and some others in our deer camps have used it for several years. Is it always effective, no but enough for me to continue to use it. I have a few wall hangers that came looking for love in the wrong place.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by roundoak
Originally Posted by wytex

I have no comment on whether the Tink guy is a POS, but I and some others in our deer camps have used it for several years. Is it always effective, no but enough for me to continue to use it. I have a few wall hangers that came looking for love in the wrong place.

Same here. I've shot a few that came for it. I have no idea if the guy is a POS. Hell, I don't even know Mr. Tink.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
stay out of the area... find food and the does will be there

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've seen deer stick their nose like velcro on a Tink's trail and come back to my stand. I've seen others ignore it. hit or miss. Tinks is the only one I've ever seen work tho - tried all the rest and nothing.

I'm thinking its why some dudes fall in love with a chick and other's don't even see her. Different seats for different asses - different doe's smell different to deer and they go with preferences? Dunno.

Me

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Teal
I've seen deer stick their nose like velcro on a Tink's trail and come back to my stand. I've seen others ignore it. hit or miss. Tinks is the only one I've ever seen work tho - tried all the rest and nothing.

I'm thinking its why some dudes fall in love with a chick and other's don't even see her. Different seats for different asses - different doe's smell different to deer and they go with preferences? Dunno.

You are correct, it is a hit or miss situation. I continue to use Tink's because it has given me some results and regard it as just another arrow in my quiver. Somebody should apply for a federal grant to study what you said about "different doe's smell different to deer."

Last edited by roundoak; 10/05/22.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I have used tinks with good sussces. As far as tink nathan he got over on a relative on a land deal to he is a pos but he has little to deal with the company now. Just gets a check for his name.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Seuss, google James Valley and get some of his estrous scent in gel. Use as directed. powdr

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Here is one of the times it's worked for me. And it worked fast. Probably within an hour of me putting it out.

Tink's

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I’ve tried many of them over 45 years of whitetail hunting, and can’t say that any contributed to my killing a deer. I did hunt once in a Montana elk camp, with Tink Nathan. I don’t believe he owns the scent company anymore.

NRA Patron

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (1936M71, 17CalFan, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1lesfox, 10ring1, 45 invisible), 1,787 guests, and 1,048 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,180
Posts18,465,632
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.