Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Y
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Y
Is anyone having any luck seeing birds in Maine this year. Buddy of mine rode a lot of miles on a 4-wheeler couple weeks ago and saw two grouse. One run over on the highway and one on a trail. I remember when there was lots of birds here in NW NC but we have lots of turkeys now and almost no Grouse.

God Bless, Louis

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Singing the blues this morning...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That is one very cool shotgun! You know how to use it too. Do you have a picture with the action open?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by SS336

That is one very cool shotgun! You know how to use it too. Do you have a picture with the action open?

It's a Montana thing....However, ask him how many were flying when they were shot. Hitting setup beer cans takes little know how. And even less skill. laugh

Will agree the shotgun is cool!!!!

Last edited by battue; 10/12/22.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by battue

It's a Montana thing....However, ask him how many were flying when they were shot. Hitting setup beer cans takes little know how. And even less skill. laugh

Will agree the shotgun is cool!!!!

My guess is regardless of how or where I shoot grouse, I would probably beat you with a shotgun in any discipline. crazy

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Shame we will never be able to give you the opportunity to place a bet on the outcome....I would be more than willing to give you the opportunity to prove it. However, if you are ever in Pa and have the desire....send me a PM. I can easily lead us to the shooting fields.

Last edited by battue; 10/12/22.

laissez les bons temps rouler
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
That is a very interesting design. Wonder why they came up with this instead of the tried and true designs. Thanks for the picture, you have some great firearms. 👍

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
That is a very interesting design. Wonder why they came up with this instead of the tried and true designs. Thanks for the picture, you have some great firearms. 👍

Actually when you think about that time of firearm inventions, most everything was still in the experimental stages. This particular gun was designed by Andrew Burgess who worked with Colt, Marlin, Eli Whitney, and several others in the gun industry patenting many innovations which are still used today. Patents were in leveraction and other repeating firearms.

It is also interesting to note that Andrew Burgess and his brother both did a lot of the photography during the Civil War for Matthew Brady. Many of the pictures you see in the archives of the Civil War were taken by Andrew and his brother. Another note worthy thing is the picture of Abraham Lincoln on the five dollar bill is credited to Andrew Burgess when he was doing photography for Matthew Brady in the field as well as in the studio.

S
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
S
Hunted two full days near Hayward, WI this past weekend. Warm and dry as dust. Dogs had trouble getting scent. We hunted in t-shirts from mid-morning on. Bumped 30 birds on Saturday; 14 on Sunday. Didn't get shots at most....came home with six. Oddly we did not flush any woodcock. Possibly the local population migrated south with the cold front last week, and the front coming this week will hopefully bring down the birds from Canada. Ticks weren't bad, we did each find one or two crawling on us the second day.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

648 members (1badf350, 16penny, 10Glocks, 160user, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 62 invisible), 2,464 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,140
Posts18,464,856
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.