-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We have some really cool stuff on the campfire... if you can sort through all the bullshit... this is the good stuff.... smile

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
Estimated weight on them?

Hard to really say, but I would bet that big one is over 600#

LoL!

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by losttrail60
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
Estimated weight on them?

Hard to really say, but I would bet that big one is over 600#

LoL!
Calls4cum is an expert on interior grizz.
LOL

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hanco
I bet you all in that country are careful. It probably wouldn’t be good to walk up on one, startle him or her. Do you walk out at night to a hunting spot? I wear a sidearm just for that, probably couldn’t hit cshit, but maybe the noise will scare them..

I do wear a revolver and bear spray, but when you look at the size of that bear, you lose confidence in the gun and never had any confidence in the bear spray..

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That’s the same batunka ass all the Kardashians pay a cosmetic surgeon to give them.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
That an impressive bear!

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

N
nae Online Content
Campfire Greenhorn
Online Content
Campfire Greenhorn
N
I saw some game cam pics a couple of weeks ago of a water hole on Buck ridge near the First Yellow Mule which is just a few miles South of Big Sky resort. In 2 days, 7 different grizzlies and 2 black bears went to this water hole. No shortage of bears around.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
So how gd many grizzly bears do the feds want?

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by hanco
I bet you all in that country are careful. It probably wouldn’t be good to walk up on one, startle him or her. Do you walk out at night to a hunting spot? I wear a sidearm just for that, probably couldn’t hit cshit, but maybe the noise will scare them..

I do wear a revolver and bear spray, but when you look at the size of that bear, you lose confidence in the gun and never had any confidence in the bear spray..

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That’s the same batunka ass all the Kardashians pay a cosmetic surgeon to give them.

🦫

Hehehe. Fo sho bro.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
One if the coolest animals on the planet!
Tigers are way cooler.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Timothy Treadwell got all excited about bears too.

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by OldHat

Well as long as you brought up ole Timmy, you know what his pappy used to tell him when he was a kid?

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
This has been an interesting thread--partly because of the comments on grizzly bear size.

The biggest Montana weighed on a certified scale in front of witnesses went 1018 pounds, no doubt in the fall, when they tend to be fattest. But around 15-20 years ago some of the bear researchers with the state game department trapped and tranquilized one in the spring--which bottomed out the 800-pound portable scale they used in the mountains. I wouldn't be surprised if that bear wouldn't have weighed more than 1018 pounds in the fall.

Like Shrap I was born and raised here (in fact we was a year behind me at Bozeman Senior High School), and run into a bunch of grizzlies over the decades, some in Glacier and Yellowstone Parks. Luckily none has been aggressive. Have run into others in Canada, in Alberta, British Columbia and Northwest and Nunavut Territories. In fact saw 10 on a horsepack caribou, elk and moose hunt in northern BC--and a big one tried to come in on my guide and me as we were cutting up my moose. Luckily, the bear realized we were ready--but was on the remnants of the bull when we packed out on the nearby trail two days later. He was the biggest I've seen outside of Alaska--though dunno if he weighed over 1000 pounds.

The two biggest I've seen in Alaska were both on Kodiak Island, where I've done three fishing and one hunting trip, but the interior bear I took in 2009 was big enough that both my guide (a bigger and younger guy) had to expend considerable effort to roll the bear over for skinning.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
This has been an interesting thread--partly because of the comments on grizzly bear size.

The biggest Montana weighed on a certified scale in front of witnesses went 1018 pounds, no doubt in the fall, when they tend to be fattest. But around 15-20 years ago some of the bear researchers with the state game department trapped and tranquilized one in the spring--which bottomed out the 800-pound portable scale they used in the mountains. I wouldn't be surprised if that bear wouldn't have weighed more than 1018 pounds in the fall.

Like Shrap I was born and raised here (in fact we was a year behind me at Bozeman Senior High School), and run into a bunch of grizzlies over the decades, some in Glacier and Yellowstone Parks. Luckily none has been aggressive. Have run into others in Canada, in Alberta, British Columbia and Northwest and Nunavut Territories. In fact saw 10 on a horsepack caribou, elk and moose hunt in northern BC--and a big one tried to come in on my guide and me as we were cutting up my moose. Luckily, the bear realized we were ready--but was on the remnants of the bull when we packed out on the nearby trail two days later. He was the biggest I've seen outside of Alaska--though dunno if he weighed over 1000 pounds.

Well Lost Trail laughed at the 600 pound guesstimate, what would you guess he weighs?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Tide_Change

Well as long as you brought up ole Timmy, you know what his pappy used to tell him when he was a kid?

You are never going to amount to sh... Well, he sure showed him!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Well Lost Trail laughed at the 600 pound guesstimate, what would you guess he weighs?

Losttrail is an absolute chickenshït troll.

I’d be interested in weight estimate as well.

MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
True Story,

An old timer and friend of mine told me story 20 years ago and I thought I would share it with you guys.

Many years before he told me this story, a man that went hunting about 2 hours from where I live, went hunting on his own and without a partner. Well he did not return from his hunt and a few days later a search party went to look for him but they could not find him, so they gave up.

A week later my friend went moose hunting in the same area on his own, he was an expert hunter and knew his way around the bush. Anyway a couple of hours into the hunt he came across an area that looked pretty disturbed, like you would see in an area where moose were fighting and at the same time he smelled the definite order of rotting flesh.

He was looking around and noticed a pile of leaves, dirt and debris typical when you come across an animal that had been buried by a bear, so he went a little closer to have a look wondering if it was a buried moose or elk.

While he walked towards it he noticed a boot sticking out of the pile of debris which struck him as odd and a few steps more he saw that the boot was attached to a meatless tibia and fibula and the rest covered by the leaves and dirt.

Needless to say he got the %#$* out of there ASAP. He told me that he was never more scared in his life and that on the way out his head was on a swivel. We did not have cell phones back then and there was really no rush to call the police anyway. When he got home he called the RCMP and told them he found the man. He took them back to the area, sure enough it was him, the missing guy. They took his remains out and he did get a proper burial.

I hunt in grizz country, and a grizz is the only animal that makes me nervous, except for bull moose when I bow hunt them during the rut and calling them in really close.

I have the highest respect for all bears, I have seen them first hand doing things that takes incredible strength and that is truly remarkable. One bear came at me up a tree once, he was in my tree stand in a few seconds and I was 20 feet up. Where I hunt its pretty thick bush, and you do not get to see them coming from a long way off.

I never go into grizz country unless I am properly armed and always on FULL ALERT.

Cheers ~

Last edited by KillerBee; 10/05/22.

KB

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Longbob
Originally Posted by Tide_Change

You are never going to amount to sh... Well, he sure showed him!

Well played !!!

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Great pictures, Thanks for sharing Shrapnel.

If your a leftist, whatever Donald Trump says or does, that pisses you off rest assured, I am a Happy Camper!
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

Lol-Confirmation bias

https://www.greatfallstribune.com/story/news/local/2016/07/18/famous-grizzlies-montana/87168708/#:~:text=Lincoln%20bear%20The%20Lincoln%20Ranger%20District%20is%20home,bears%20ever%20documented%20in%20the%20continental%20United%20States.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by losttrail60

Lol

https://www.greatfallstribune.com/story/news/local/2016/07/18/famous-grizzlies-montana/87168708/#:~:text=Lincoln%20bear%20The%20Lincoln%20Ranger%20District%20is%20home,bears%20ever%20documented%20in%20the%20continental%20United%20States.
link no work callnum.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

701 members (12344mag, 1234, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 160user, 77 invisible), 3,048 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,267
Posts18,467,242
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.