Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R

"When guns are outlawed,only the outlaws will have guns".
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I don't use PayPal, Venmo, Bitcoin, & what ever in the he'll else they have out there. He'll I don't even have nor ever had a debit card. If they'd even attempt one time to pull some [bleep] like that on one person and I had an account with them then it would be immediately canceled. When folks start standing up to crap like that and stop just going along with it then we'll start seeing changes. Completely unacceptable!!!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Yup: I just made my last Venmo transaction. F**k 'em

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
So , is there a viable electronic transfer system available ?

M
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
M
I just read yesterday that they backpeddled on that due to the backlash they got, I will see if I can find the article. https://www.nationalreview.com/news...y-to-fine-users-2500-for-misinformation/

Last edited by Mwbyler; 10/09/22.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Closed my PayPal account due to this garbage.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
The Wokies are coming....
The Wokies are coming....

Sigh... The have already arrived.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
just closed mine

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Closed mine along w Venmo

I like guns | optics | fishing
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Even more terrifying than the 'Paypal" article was the one mentioned therein!...

"Report: Cyber Experts Find Chinese Infiltration of US Election Software, But Things Take Sick Turn After Call from Washington FB I Office"

Truly unbelievable how bad the media and FB i have partnered in treason! Good lord.

IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Mwbyler
I just read yesterday that they backpeddled on that due to the backlash they got, I will see if I can find the article. https://www.nationalreview.com/news...y-to-fine-users-2500-for-misinformation/

This is our country’s problem. No one is savvy enough to recognize that leopards don’t lose their spots. They ran their pie hole. Then back peddled in the name of their bottom line. They have not changed their way of thinking one bit. Same with face chit, and titter. We hold the solution in the palms of our hands, And continue to support the pieces of chit. While we could sink the sons a beeches with out it costing us a penny. Let me know when they are out of business. LMAO

Take care, Willie

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Closed mine as well.

Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
I just read the policy and cannot find any mention of this. I don't doubt they tried and recanted but why not post a direct link to a paypal user agreement, etc. where you verified what the article said?

I have no doubt that every one of these companies - PayPal, Venmo, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. etc. etc. - is inherently evil. And I may very well choose to not use them because of that or some new policy they institute.

But I think that we are doing a disservice to one another if we don't verify each and every alarming article, rumor, etc. before we post it here.

So long as one has any part of their fortunes connected to the internet in any way, there will be risk. If you have personally found a way to avoid this, I applaud and am envious of you.

S
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by ag91
I just read the policy and cannot find any mention of this. I don't doubt they tried and recanted but why not post a direct link to a paypal user agreement, etc. where you verified what the article said?

I have no doubt that every one of these companies - PayPal, Venmo, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. etc. etc. - is inherently evil. And I may very well choose to not use them because of that or some new policy they institute.

But I think that we are doing a disservice to one another if we don't verify each and every alarming article, rumor, etc. before we post it here.

So long as one has any part of their fortunes connected to the internet in any way, there will be risk. If you have personally found a way to avoid this, I applaud and am envious of you.

What's all this? This making sense...stuff. You forget where you are Sir. LOL! Voices of reason die while the clamor of the crowd moves the world.

On a serious note, however, we shouldn't forget Dostoyevsky's analysis of the problem of evil; it cuts through the heart of every man. We prefer that good be exclusively good, and bad be exclusively bad. Makes men easier to interpret and categorize, but it misses the mark by far. I think the virtual money changing entities are intrinsically good, and the folks running them and using them have various intentions that run the race from perfect goodness to explicit evil.

And a question; why did no one bring up the legal issue of taking money from a person for subjective acts? I'm fairly sure that wouldn't stand any serious legal test.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I got rid of Pay Pal over a decade ago when they were freezing accounts if they were used to buy or sell any fire arm related item, including reloading components, ammo, brass etc. I had several friends have their accounts locked, and there was no way to remove them from your personal banking account. They were unable to make home and auto payments etc because of their accounts being locked. They all had to start new accounts and forfieted any funds in their account.

I have never signed up for anything similar to pay pal again. Watching what they did to the truckers during the Canada truck / Covid rally where they had their money confiscated.... no thank you. I will mail checks or buy from places that accept cards. Once we become a cashless society, the government will lock your money when you dont comply, they will tax every transaction you make when you sell personal items etc. No thank you.

Ditch this electronic payment garbage. Look at what is happening in the world, dont give these companies access to your accounts.

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
I think they backtracked on that today

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Doesn’t matter if they backtracked. You’ve seen how corrupt these scumbags are. No good American patriot should knowingly do business with companies like these!

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I have said it many times before....paypal, et al, are the most communist liberal democrat anti-gun outfits out there. They seek to take away our guns and yet gun lovers beat a path to their door to deal with them. I was kicked off "accurateshooter.com" forum by the AH that runs that show because I questioned his loyalty to paypal. If you can imagine, the jackass that runs a big forum dedicated to guns actually defending the very people that seek to destroy legal gun ownership in America!!!!!!

Last edited by msinc; 10/09/22.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have did many deal with paypal. They do not make any money off from myself. Just as others on this forum, we do deal on friends and family and it is free. They do not make a dime on us and I fell like we are getting to them. I am going to drop my account as soon a my last trnsaction is finished. I have mine linked to my bank account. So I am done with them for good. A lot of people use the F&F to do deals, just a way to stick it to them. Ha Ha Ha.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
While I am not cool with the Woke Stuff that goes along with PayPal and other Tech Companies.

I do like that you have tracking and security of your payment to the seller for a reasonble fee. You can pay the post office for a priority envelope and a postal money order to get tracking and security which usually cost as much if not more and takes longer.
With PayPal there is some reciprocity if there's a problem with the sale, this has saved me at least two or three time.
If you pay with a Postal Money order you get some protection that it's a Federal offense that is being committed.

Is the Post office not a Woke organization also.

There may be a time when they've gone to far and I join you.

But right now I still prefer to buy and sell with PayPal with fee. My $0.02.

Last edited by Savorino; 10/09/22.

"Don't act like you're not impressed!" (Ron Burgandy)
NRA 4-Life
Americans 4 American Workers .com " I Buy American "
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

709 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 163dm, 160user, 19rabbit52, 16Racing, 69 invisible), 3,107 guests, and 1,356 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,581
Posts18,454,147
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.