Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
RickBin Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Took the G19 out for a spin today, and was reminded that I am still running the factory sights ... mostly because I can’t decide on what to replace them with.

So ... what are your favorite Glock sights? I am a Tritium fan but am open to all suggestions/reasoning.

Time for an upgrade ...

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I recall fiber optic shows up very well under light illumination. With Surefire X300 the plain tritium sights on my M45a1 appear black against illumination. I would get dual fiberoptic plus tritium. Not sure which company product is best. HiViz makes good fiber optics, but I am not sure how good their "Lum" is?

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I use Trijicon HD XR’s. You have to pick your color, I see orange better but a buddy sees the green better. Anyway the center is tritium but the orange luminescent paint circles around it and glows in the sunlight. The XR version is the thinner post and works better for me.

The rear sight is tritium only, a wide U notch that allows my old tired eyes enough light on each side to center the post.

I’ve got Dawson sights on my game guns with their fiber optic front/black rear. I’ve seen too many of them break to rely on them for carry.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tagged.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Ameriglo offerings are pretty nice. I like their color options for tritiums and their narrower than factory tritium fronts.

IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I had Ameriglo Agent sights installed on both a G19 and a G30s that have proven effective for me. Not sure if they still offer this model, but something similar would serve you well in my opinion.

Good luck

Frog---OUT!

Last edited by frogman43; 10/16/22.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
AMERIGLO TROOPER NIGHT SIGHT FOR GLOCK. Bought it from the Glock store. It wouldn’t lent me post the link.

This is what I went with on my G45

Last edited by HeavyLoad; 10/15/22.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I use fiber and Ameriglo front sights on various Glocks, they all work well. The only thing I'm a stickler for is a black rear sight.

Since 99 percent of my time carrying and shooting is in daylight, fiber optics from Dawson work just fine for 99% or my needs.

What if Jessie's girl is Stacy's mom, and her phone number is 867-5309
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I've never looked at their Tritium version, but basic black Heinie Classics offer a really nice sight picture.

I just installed a Glock Tritium front & was a bit disappointed. The dot is small & not very bright IMO.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
These Ameriglo Troopers are a very good set of sights:

https://a.co/d/6iOs1uM

They have a good set of tritiums and a front sight that you can see easily in the daylight.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like a white outlined green tritium front, serrated plain black U notch rear sight. Prefer the rear sight to be more rectangular in profile than sharply angled triangular.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I have these on all my Glocks. Brighter at night than the factory night sights, plus, they are fiber optic as well for day time use. I have used Glocks for a long time, and I really like these sights.

Regards,
Manny

TRUGLO TFO Tritium and Fiber-Optic Handgun Sights for Glock Pistols . Can get them on Amazon.

Last edited by mannyspd1; 10/15/22.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Best for what purpose?

Typically for accuracy, a RMR or similar.

If relying on irons and wanting primarily accuracy, then Dawson Precision FOs--green front, blacked out rear.

For self-defense, I tend to like the Ameriglo Agent sights. I do prefer a square rear notch and a high-visibility front sight. I'm take/leave it with tritium on the rear, but do like it on a front sight for a defensive pistol. Additionally, a sight with a "ledge" can be useful for one-handed manipulations.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I've always been a fan of Trijicon. Their sights(fixed, scope, and red dots) adorn most of my handguns and AR's.

NRA Benefactor Member
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I was too until I found Ameriglo: Fronts with better visibility during the day, and narrower for better shooting (for me anyway) at fifty yards and beyond.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I put the HIVIZ Litewave fiber optic front sight along with the Glock adjustable rear sight on both my Glock 23 and 44. Works for me in the woods and plinking.
HIVIZ Litewave

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MOGC
I like a white outlined green tritium front, serrated plain black U notch rear sight. Prefer the rear sight to be more rectangular in profile than sharply angled triangular.
Do you have any pics?

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Trijicon HD

Clos

NRA Life Member

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Do you have any pics?

I will try to take a couple tomorrow.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Do you have any pics?

I will try to take a couple tomorrow.
👍

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (222ND, 2003and2013, 10Glocks, 163bc, 16Racing, 1badf350, 63 invisible), 2,520 guests, and 1,335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,145
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.