Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#17578643 09/05/22
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Our daughter said she'd bought a quad and wanted to come for the weekend to try it out. She showed up with a '16 CFMoto 800. I just bit my tongue. We headed out in the hills on Saturday. The battery was weak so I'd put a charger on it. I have an extra car battery that we put in the back along with some jumper cables just in case. We got about 5 miles when it started to choke out and died. The battery was pretty well dead. We had a drink of water and talked about it, planning to get it turned around to tow it home. Then it started and was running fine. We headed back down and it did it again a mile later. Let it sit 5 min and it would take off again. We got it home ok and she went to town for a new battery and some injector cleaner. The cleaner said to add it when the tank was close to empty, start it to get the cleaner through the injectors, then fill the tank. I siphoned most of the gas out, dumped in the cleaner and started it. Then we let it sit overnight so the cleaner could work. She got a good AGM battery that we put in.
Next morning, I tapped the key and It insta-started. It was running great. We headed back to the hills and that thing ran like a scalded cat. We put on 52 miles yesterday on some really rough, steep, rocky trails and it ran great.
I think the previous owner had been using ethanol gas and the injectors were just gummed up from sitting. The problem is that nowhere in any manual I've seen does it tell you to avoid ethanol at all costs.

CFMoto is seldom on any list of top quality machines but this one seems to be a good one, at least for now. She's not afraid to drive it hard but normally won't be using it anywhere near as rough as where we went yesterday. Hopefully it'll last her a while.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I should mention that this episode taught me something. Her gas gauge is way off. When it gets down to half, it's only got a couple gallons left.
The injector cleaner she bought came in a 2-pack and she gave me one. I thought I'd run it through my Polaris RZR even though I only use non-al gas and it's never given me a problem. The gauge showed half full but when I siphoned it out, there were only 2 gal in it. Seems that mine is the same as hers - when the gauge shows 1/2, there's only about 1/4 left in it.

― George Orwell

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
I hope you are right about hers being a good one.

Know a guy with one and it's worth a lot of laughs.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
CF Moto has come a long way.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Never trust a gas gauge on an ATV and a Ford truck. When it gets down to a bit less than 1/2 start lookin for gas. lol

Last edited by tzone; 09/08/22.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Sounds like my old TR6. The first half tank went a lot further than the second half.

N
ndm Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
I bought a CF Moto new in 2020, it hasn't been used hard but does what we need it to do at deer camp. Mainly use it to haul tools, blinds and stands around the woods and drag out deer. It probably has more starts on it than miles but in 2 1/2 years I've got no complaints with it. I sure other makes are better, but this cost 3 grand less and was actually available when I needed it. Sample of one but so far so good.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The wife's machine is a CF Moto... No complaints..

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I should mention that this episode taught me something. Her gas gauge is way off. When it gets down to half, it's only got a couple gallons left.
The injector cleaner she bought came in a 2-pack and she gave me one. I thought I'd run it through my Polaris RZR even though I only use non-al gas and it's never given me a problem. The gauge showed half full but when I siphoned it out, there were only 2 gal in it. Seems that mine is the same as hers - when the gauge shows 1/2, there's only about 1/4 left in it.

I'll bet it doesn't have more than 4 gallons tank capacity anyway.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
It's 7 gal.

― George Orwell

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Our local Can Am dealer is a good friend of mine so that is what I always run. That said, he's been carrying CF Moto as a back up line due to better availability. They've been working pretty well for him without alot of issues.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My wife bought a 600 two up last spring. So far with 2 summers of riding almost every weekend and 1 winter of snow plow use I have no complaints.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
i have a CF Moto overland 1000.

its done everything i have asked of it.

to be frank I would put them right against a Polaris for reliability. do they have shortfalls sure. but you ain't seeing many catch on fire. which is a huge problem currently for Polaris

the OEM batteries are junk and they tend to ship with lighter fuses than they should have. parts availability is currently much better than other manufacturers.

that doesn't even begin to consider price difference in machines. When I was looking for one, I priced out a Polaris Sportsman 1000, a machines similarly equipped to the CFMOTO (winch, front and rear rack, storage boxes) was almost $20,000.00 before taxes and I was on a 4-6 month wait list. I paid 12K out the door for my CF moto

Last edited by gitem_12; 10/17/22.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I have a u force 1000 FC 2019 bass worked fine

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
"to be frank I would put them right against a Polaris for reliability."

That sure isn't saying much. Polaris suck when it comes to reliability and are ALWAYS rated below Japanese made ATV's.

Want a reliably machine that will last for years and years buy a Honda, Yamaha or Suzuki!

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ghostman

That sure isn't saying much. Polaris suck when it comes to reliability and are ALWAYS rated below Japanese made ATV's.

Want a reliably machine that will last for years and years buy a Honda, Yamaha or Suzuki!
For our purposes, we need a 50" sxs as it has to fit in my long bed pickup. The only Jap built brand in 50" is the Honda Pioneer 500 or 520. For some unknown reason, Honda didn't put a low range on them. That's a problem.

― George Orwell

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by Ghostman

For our purposes, we need a 50" sxs as it has to fit in my long bed pickup. The only Jap built brand in 50" is the Honda Pioneer 500 or 520. For some unknown reason, Honda didn't put a low range on them. That's a problem.

I've not used one but I've heard first gear is LOW. For the simple things I do, I'd really like to try one of the small Pioneers.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by blanket
I have a u force 1000 FC 2019 bass worked fine
How many miles are on it? Any maintenance spots to watch? Does it start well in your subzero winters?

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
RockChuck--- We have 2 Honda Pioneer 500's and one 520 at camp. Auto or Manual --shaft driven . Our Hollow averages about 30% or greater slope. Great Machines. The owners will never go back to a ATV.

[Linked Image]
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Where are CF Motos made?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
737 members (257 roberts, 10gaugemag, 222Sako, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 78 invisible), 2,720 guests, and 1,368 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,624
Posts18,398,651
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.