Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I've been looking for two sets of tires for 3500/4500 trucks. The local shops don't have any in stock or the price is $150 more per tire than online. What site online is your go to? I was looking at simple tire.com but don't want to send $2500 to someone out of the blue.

BP-B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Have had good luck with: Discount Tire Direct

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wal Mart,

We've bought 4 sets online there now, some are brand names some not.
'
The tires are as good as paying higher costs from a tire store.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I've used Tirerack.com. a couple of times not the cheapest option, but I got what I wanted.

Just down the road from The City of Lost Souls in the Land of the Blind.
Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 700LH
Wal Mart,

We've bought 4 sets online there now, some are brand names some not.
'
The tires are as good as paying higher costs from a tire store.

Tried ordering there a couple weeks back, after a week they had no idea when arrival would be.
I cancelled the order.
They credited 50%!?!
Took 50 minutes to get the other 50% credited.
While discussing/straightening it out I ordered from DTD, they arrived the next day.

FJB & FJT
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
95% of my tires come from Walmart.Com

They usually are cheaper than anyone else.

Toyo, Nitto, Nokian mostly...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
I have good fast service with Tirerack

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
https://www.tiresbyweb.com/

I have been buying from these guys for years. Can't get studded snow tires locally. These guys are great, I just paid them $1,003 for a set of Nokian studded tires.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tdbob
I've used Tirerack.com. a couple of times not the cheapest option, but I got what I wanted.

I've only used them once earlier this year for a tire/wheel combo and everything went great. They actually ended up cheaper from what I could find local especially on the wheels. I'd use them again if they had what I was looking for.

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
My favorite is Discount Tire Direct but have ordered from Tire Rack with good success.

On my last order from Tire Rack, I got one tire that had a really old build date and they exchanged it with no issues. The paid for return shipping, too.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've had great luck with Amazon.
I ordered 5 tires for my Jeep Wrangler. Two show up on time and couldn't find tracking on the other three. Contact Amazon and they refund me for the three tires. Next day the three tires show up. WIN!

Then I order four tires for my Cherokee. I had them sent to a installer figuring $20 each mount ,balance and dispose is better than doing the M&B myself.
I show up at the installers for my appointment and the guy says he doesn't have me down for the appointment and he doesn't have anyone there to do it if I was. Says he can get me in ten days from then. I said okay and left. I was pissed. Called Amazon and relayed my displeasure. The young lady asked if there was somewhere else close to me that would install them sooner for me. I told her I can do it myself. She gave me a full refund on the tires and installation! I went back and picked up the tires and did it myself.

Nine tires for the price of two! Let's see you beat that!

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Tirerack has gotten pretty big for their britches, they were good back when, now they are not the price leader, they don't want to let you buy by size ...they want you to put in your vehicle and then limit the sizes and load ranges. Doing much better and easier and more fair shipping with smaller web sellers.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Tirerack has gotten pretty big for their britches, they were good back when, now they are not the price leader, they don't want to let you buy by size ...they want you to put in your vehicle and then limit the sizes and load ranges. Doing much better and easier and more fair shipping with smaller web sellers.

3 weeks ago, I got 4 tires from Tirerack and instead of them telling me what would fit my truck, I told them what I wanted. They had to ship the tires from Atlanta, Ga., on their dime, and I picked them up in Shreveport, save about a $100 shipping. Cost $100 to have a place mount and balance them, but I still came out ahead. 60,000 mile tires, out the door, mounted and balanced for around $650, and I got what I wanted.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by flintlocke

I got fed up with them over this about a year back.
Placed order, everything went through just fine.
Hour later I get a email, we can't ship these "summer tires to your location due to the local climate".
Wanted a waiver signed stating that the vehicle/tires would only be used in 'summer conditions'.
Cancelled and never went back to them.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just installed 6 Otani oh650 tires on my 5500 4x4. They were $213.00 each delivered from, don't hate me....Walmart. com.

Shiooed quick enough and are killer skins for the money.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Are the tires delivered to you or to the local store for installation?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Are the tires delivered to you or to the local store for installation?

Mine were always 'for pickup' at my local store.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've had great service from Discount Tire Direct but I order in the store. They can get anything you can get online and usually a lot faster. They also honor the best price Discount Tire Direct offers online for the tires, including discounts and rebates. The Discount Tire stores are a division of the company Discount Tire Direct. I've found their in store service to be excellent... but always check their online prices before going into the store...

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Raeford
This. Pick them up at the store. Get balanced and mounted at pickup.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Raeford
This. Pick them up at the store. Get balanced and mounted at pickup.

Wish that we had a 'store' around here.

FJB & FJT
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
731 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 1234, 67 invisible), 2,967 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,763
Posts18,401,397
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.