Hop To
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Hello
First off, I am NOT overly Tech savvy.
So, I have a couple of trail cameras that take the "old" or large sd cards.
These are to see what is around wildlife wise on my property but also for watching out for 2 legged vermin, so to speak.
I currently place them in my wifes Dell laptop, then look at them, deleting all the moving sticks, squirrels, racoons, ect pictures that is not in need of saving, and then saving the ones I think need saved.
Couple of issues.
The pictures only come up in a 4" sq format, that does not show all that was captured.
I can click on a large screen icon and then see the whole picture, HOWEVER several issues arrive.
1st this is VERY time consuming
2nd when I click back out, it AUTOMATICALLY puts me back to the very 1st picture, thus I need to scroll back to where I had left off, trying to find the last picture viewed, taking even more time.
All I want, is a thing, that will simply show the picture on FULL screen, then let me either save it, or delete it.
So
What "app" "feature" or what "tool" should I use to make this a better experience?
Help
Frustrated

Let him grow, Shoot a doe !
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Right click on image, drop down menu says open in new window. Allows you to close out the pic without losing your spot on previous window.
Under apps in settings, find default apps, set photos as default. When opening a new window photos will open allowing full view.

Best way, import the photos from SD card into windows photos view and delete at your pleasure.

Win10 & 11 only.

Swifty
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Oh Boy
Computer instructions
Wish me luck

Thank you

Anyone else ?

Let him grow, Shoot a doe !
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
There is no best of anything. There is what works for you and that's about as good as it get's. Memory cards run from inexpensive to expensive, I tend to get the inexpensive one's. They do what the expensive ones do but have less memory.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For Windows - Right click one's first image. Click on the "Open with" option, and select "Windows photo viewer." The small button at the bottom between the left/right advancing arrows will open a slide show option. Right click an image at any time and one can run the series as a self-advancing slide show in a slow, medium, or fast rate. One can also click on the left/right arrows at the bottom to step through or back at his desired pace.

If one manually steps through, there is an option to (X) delete as he goes along.

Several of the photo editing programs (like Adobe Photo) have similar features, but are a bit more complicated and may require additional software purchases.

Hope this helps,

Last edited by 1minute; 08/27/23.

1Minute
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Been using Thumbsplus for 10+ years, which i bought, but I think it is an older app.

Irfanview (Iview) is a free download. it has a thumbnail viewer and simple editing. When you click on a thumbnail it opens another window. The thumbnail screen stays open.

here is a screen shot of the thumbnail view .

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

625 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 10gaugeman, 63 invisible), 2,048 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,245
Posts18,447,972
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.