Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I just returned from a hunt in Spain.

Hunted red stag and mouflon in La Mancha (2 hours driving time from Madrid) with Spanish Mountain Hunts.

Like the OP stated the entire process of getting rifle permits for your rifle and ammo in and out of Spain is a ROYAL PITA. My servicing consulate in Miami was of no help at all. The paperwork requirements are convoluted and cumbersome. IE - One form asks what time your hunting license was issued.

Great food, wine and scenery.

I’ll hunt Spain again. Will not take my own rifle on my next hunt there.

Last edited by BlackHunter; 11/02/22.

SCI Life Member
DAV Life Member
NRA Life Member
North American Hunt Club Life Member

Your true character shows in your conduct

You cannot solve a problem at the same level of awareness that created it - Einstein
GB1

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Blackhunter, our trip was a resounding success given some trials and tribulations which we overcame. The process to bring ones own firearm is a convoluted cluster “F” for sure. Beyond that we love Spain. The food is excellent. The country scenery dynamic. We stayed at a very nice little hotel/restaurant in Salobre. The inn keepers were beyond wonderful. I could spend an entire week just relaxing there. The Spanish red wines are great. The food decadent. Believe we will return again to merely enjoy the country. MTG

Vena dura, ocyus occide, excusas non offer!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
MTGunner, very glad to know your trip was a success. When you return to Spain please consider visiting the following places;

Toledo - the cathedral there is magnificent and the city quite picturesque.

Barcelona - the Salvador Dali Museum

Madrid - The Prado - fully as stunning as the Louvre.

Include travel to Portugal if you can and go to Porto and spend a few days enjoying the fortified wines of the area.

This hunt was my first time back in Spain since the late 1970’s. Then the true beauty of the country was lost on me. So glad I can appreciate it in an entirely different way now.

SCI Life Member
DAV Life Member
NRA Life Member
North American Hunt Club Life Member

Your true character shows in your conduct

You cannot solve a problem at the same level of awareness that created it - Einstein
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

248 members (348srfun, 300_savage, 338reddog, 1_deuce, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 29 invisible), 2,267 guests, and 1,112 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,479
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.