Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Setting in JFK waiting to board to Madrid. Will hunt Beceite and Gredos Ibex along with Mouflon sheep. Ten day hunt and tour. Looking forward to lots of scenery in Aragon and Gredos mountains. MTG

Vena dura, ocyus occide, excusas non offer!
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
SWEET!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Anxiously awaiting your trip report!

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Hancock27
+1

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I see your still going over. Hope you have a good hunt & vacation. I'm interested in how Alicia worked thing out for you. I was scheduled to hunt with Martin the 1st 2 weeks in November. I got cold feet after his death. I gave up my deposit & airfares. Bob

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by LBP
Originally Posted by Hancock27
+1

+2

RS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am too poor to hunt the ibex, though I did see some Gredos and it looked to be a true sheep/goat hunt.....

I settled for mouflon and Iberian red deer near Salamanca. Great hunt...
Good luck with yours.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
So far have taken a good Mouflon. Took a long shot at a Gredos Ibex ram that fell into a hell of a difficult place to retrieve. Outfitter has hired mountaineers to attempt to recover. Not a place that I would even consider hiking into.
Took a very nice Gredos ewe this AM at 30 meters. No idea we were watching. Also got an offhand shot at a red deer Stag last evening. Blood trailed him until too dark to see. Outfittter will retrieve today.
Alicia is doing a good job under very difficult circumstances. Off to Aragon tomorrow to hunt Beceite Ibex Wednesday.
I will say this. Bring your own rifle IF possible. Have been using outfitters left hand Blaser in 8x68S. Not a fan and not left handed. Got the job done but can be a real cluster “f”. The Blaser tang safety IMHO is a hazard.
BTW, do NOT recommend Travel With Guns travel agent. Did NOT help in getting permit for my personal firearm to bring to Spain. Also, the Spanish Consulate In San Francisco was of no help after reams of paperwork we submitted, plus the fee. No response, could not contact them by phone or email. Just another beaurocracy of BS! So much preparation for this trip and lots of pitfalls.
Yes, I am glad we have come to Spain for this hunt. The untimely passing of Martin Rodriguez has made for some problems. But, I would do it once again for the adventure. I will post more upon arriving home.

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Mouflon down. MTG

Last edited by MTGunner; 10/29/22. Reason: To add picture

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MTGunner
I will say this. Bring your own rifle IF possible. Have been using outfitters left hand Blaser in 8x68S. Not a fan and not left handed. Got the job done but can be a real cluster “f”. The Blaser tang safety IMHO is a hazard.
BTW, do NOT recommend Travel With Guns travel agent. Did NOT help in getting permit for my personal firearm to bring to Spain. Also, the Spanish Consulate In San Francisco was of no help after reams of paperwork we submitted, plus the fee. No response, could not contact them by phone or email.

I always borrow rifles for overseas hunts, precisely for those reasons. Some people have no issues bringing theirs in. Some people have many issues, though some country’s legal processes are easier than others. I must say though I am not too impressed with an outfitter that only has one rifle available for clients to rent, and one that is left handed at that. They don’t have any others available for you to use?

The simple answer to the safety issue is to not use it.

Did the ibex and red deer get recovered?

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
All critters have been recovered. I have attempted to post pics but believe due to the fact that this is an unsecured network in Madrid not currently possible. Will be home next week and will try again. MTG

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

~~~The say Spain is pretty, though I've never been,
Daniel says it's the best place that he's even seen~~~

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
I have attempted to post pics to no avail. Need help. MTG

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
We loved our hunt in Spain last year with Francisco and Joelle with Hunt Trip Spain.

Spain is a great husband/wife/couple's destination to combine site seeing with hunting. We fell in love with the country and people. Our trip started out with touring in Barcelona, hunting the Gredo's Mountains and ending with touring in Madrid.

I can't say enough about Spain, highly underrated as a European destination (maybe that's what makes it so great!)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hi guys. Here’s MTG’s pics!!!

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Congrats on a great hunt!!!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
What outfit did you hunt with? Is there a web site?

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Very cool!

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Hancock, the original owner passed away in Sept. Yes, it was a bit of a cluster. But, his wife arranged to complete our trip with his Spain partner. His partners name is Daniel Marti Higuera

www.cazasopleysabana.com

Our trip turned out to be a grand adventure. I took very good to great animals. Daniel, Dani, understands enough English to be a very good guide. His wife Paola is very fluent in English and he had another interpreter help.
Spain is a wonderful place to visit. We booked for a ten day hunt. We used the outfitters rifles which were Blasers for which I am not a fan. But, that only my opinion. We booked our travel through Travel With Guns which did not afford us to take my own rifle. Due to many mess ups. Oh well. Turned out fine. If you need more info PM me. MTG

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

370 members (1Longbow, 1lesfox, 2500HD, 160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 41 invisible), 1,714 guests, and 964 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,062
Posts18,463,354
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.