Hop To
#17717042 10/20/22
J
Jeffrey Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Just picked up a Marksman Classic II to the tune of $7 from ol’ Larry at Midway. $2.50 for a 250 pack of shot. I think this might be the most fun you can have for $10. Shooting into a box, the steel shot will be there when I run through all 250 pieces. It’s like the gift that keeps on giving.

Anybody else shooting a slingshot? What’s the purpose of the wrist guards on some of the heavier models? Are the bands heavier on those models, therefore requiring added support on the forearm? As a good looney, I’m thinking I need more power, regardless of how delighted I am with my newest investment.

I’ll be packing it with me to Montana next month on my elk hunt, in the event that I happen to chance across an unfortunate grouse or two. I probably should look up the legal means and daily limit on those, but that’s neither here nor there.

Last edited by Jeffrey; 10/20/22.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Growing up I just about always carried one in the summer. A forked branch, cut up bicycle inner tube, piece of twine and I was in business. Never had the money for one of them store bought ones. Round(ish) rocks, marbles, steel ball bearings......

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I loved slingshots and wrist rockets when I was kid. We usually just shot stones for ammo. You can’t beat $2.50 for 250 pieces of shot.

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Man, that brings back memories, got a new one every spring, marbles were cheap, we used to get into BB gun fights a lot but never griod shooter fights , they would kill ya.🤠

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Angus55
Man, that brings back memories, got a new one every spring, marbles were cheap, we used to get into BB gun fights a lot but never griod shooter fights , they would kill ya.🤠

We had a few BB gun fights. When we got a little older and moved on to pellet rifles the rule was that you couldn’t pump the Crosman 760 that most of us had past two pumps… needless to say we sometimes disregarded that rule and cheated a bit😂 Or loading pellets backwards skirt first to create “hollow points.”

The other big thing at that time was paintball guns and putting the paintballs in the freezer for a bit before playing. Or melting snowballs in our hands or with a spray bottle and letting them freeze back up so that they “hit harder.”

Another thing was cutting the tips off of shoestrings and then thread a sowing needle through them to make darts for hunting but they never worked as well as BB’s or pellets.

12 year old boys are barbaric.

IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Evnin, oh boy!!! I just got back into sling shots. Made so many as a kid if I'm walking through the bush now, I still am looking for crotches. Actually brought a couple home in the last few weeks. Have been researching some. Apparently flat bands are more accurate than the round. There's a guy on google that wins the championship (who new) pretty ne'er every year. He has some good how to videos, and has some pretty cool sling shots for sale. They have some now with lasers sights, and special sights. I may just order one to see???? Thanks a lot, this site always cost me money!!! 🐾👣🐾👣🇨🇦 GWP.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Jeffrey I go through a half a dozen sets of bands a fall shooting seals. That’s with cutting them down when they tear at the yoke as the Chinese just don’t make good latex anymore. Jeff Besos is your friend for ammo as the 3/8” steel balls are about ten bucks per thousand.

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
I just loaded up my Midway cart with various kinds of shot and a few heavy duty replacement bands. About to get serious over here.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Chinaberries hurt when they hit you.

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
I guess that’s one of the good things about a SS. You can shoot just about anything out of them. A lit M80 would be fun at deer camp could be fun…

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 1234, 11point, 10ring1, 70 invisible), 3,034 guests, and 1,173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,337
Posts18,468,690
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.