W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by 673
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Can you answer these questions please?
I got bluster, but an seriously interested as to what your laws are.
And will add, "are they more province based, or country wide".

Just one question before I give you my answer, if that is ok?

Is the person doing the stabbing an intruder that broke into your home?

Do you have a legal right to self defense?
Personal or home?
Stand your ground or try to retreat? Home or not?

I would also like to know.
Not an expert on Canadian law, but the laws are Federal.

I think that the "self defense" right is one of a moving goalposts, for example...Trudeau just told us that we don't have a right to self defense, yet, a fellow in Saskatchewan recently had enough of People terrorizing him and his family, he went out with his handgun, it evidently went off by "accident" shooting the shyte rat in the head, the fellow walked.

I really think it is an area that really hasn't been explored yet because......in Canada, laws/rights are largely defined by the Court. Which is why they find or not find bodies with holes in the back of their heads discarded in rural area's.

It is disturbing to see the way our Court could be influenced by a Trudeau appointed Judge.[/quote]

Actually, it was a handgun he had. And a strange case, indeed. The FN folks showed up and tried to steal his truck. There were a few of them.

In any case, if you do exercise your right to self-defence, expect to have to fight in court for it.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
True, and NEVER HIRE A LAWYER! Represent yourself!!

Both times I went to court for defending myself, both cases were Dismissed, with a warning from the judge :o)

Last edited by KillerBee; 10/22/22.

KB

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Originally Posted by 673
Can you answer these questions please?
I got bluster, but an seriously interested as to what your laws are.
And will add, "are they more province based, or country wide".

Just one question before I give you my answer, if that is ok?

Is the person doing the stabbing an intruder that broke into your home?

Do you have a legal right to self defense?
Personal or home?
Stand your ground or try to retreat? Home or not?

I would also like to know.
Not an expert on Canadian law, but the laws are Federal.

I think that the "self defense" right is one of a moving goalposts, for example...Trudeau just told us that we don't have a right to self defense, yet, a fellow in Saskatchewan recently had enough of People terrorizing him and his family, he went out with his handgun, it evidently went off by "accident" shooting the shyte rat in the head, the fellow walked.

I really think it is an area that really hasn't been explored yet because......in Canada, laws/rights are largely defined by the Court. Which is why they find or not find bodies with holes in the back of their heads discarded in rural area's.

It is disturbing to see the way our Court could be influenced by a Trudeau appointed Judge.

Actually, it was a handgun he had. And a strange case, indeed. The FN folks showed up and tried to steal his truck. There were a few of them.

In any case, if you do exercise your right to self-defence, expect to have to fight in court for it.[/quote]
I can't remember the fellows name in northern alberta... that had a dispute with the oil&gas people, he was terrorized by people and he shot one of them dead on his property as they were driving erratically on his property, while his kids were sleeping in a tent, he also walked.

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Found it....Weibo Ludwig is his name, looks like it was a case of...lets look the other way. You can see by the call Weibo makes to the RCMP that he was aware someone pulled a trigger.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/charges-unlikely-in-ludwig-shooting-case-rcmp-say-1.171860

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Good. Once you get to know them, you will find out they are whiners, bigots and western separatists. Frankly, I don't care what you think either. From the posts I've read from you thus far, you crave attention. You remind me of someone from the Yukon who used to post here. No one was interested in him either.

Don’t worry. You'll have plenty of attention in no time. The people who rarely post here, except to complain, should be along very shortly.

Steve,
You seem to have a need to monitor and try to control conversations on the “Canada” forum as if you have some kind of ownership role. Your history of posting on here is consistent in that you start lots of threads on things you are interested in, but try to derail conversation’s you don’t like. I find you to be the most abrasive, condescending and annoying poster on this forum and I actually stopped opening any threads you start for that reason. It’s easy to not join in on conversations you don’t like.

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by mod7rem
...It’s easy to not join in on conversations you don’t like.

Then take your own advice. grin

https://www.laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-46/index.html

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 673
Here is my rule of law, put your hands on me or break into my house with me in it and you are going to the hospital or worse. lol
Totally agree^^^^^

Here is a poll from the Toronto sun LOL, scroll down abit for the poll.
97% of Canadians think the handgun ban does nothing.

https://torontosun.com/news/local-n...n-toronto-as-bullets-fly-across-the-city[/quote]

Not try to one up, heck it's one down.
That article is about gun violence in TO.

At half the population Chitcago says "hold my beer".

Heck our safer cities are worse.
I'm sure not bragging.

As too self defense rights?
Without further stirring the pot, it appears you don't have any at all.
More of a case by case thing? Every case needing tried? Or at least reviewed.

We passed stand your ground laws years ago.
Something I strongly supported.
I have since seen a few local cases that made me scratch my head.

Drunk guy in a lover's triangle, not armed, shot with a crossbow on the
porch by The Other Man.

Drunk neighbor pounding on window, shot through the window.

Immediately excused by the prosecutor.

Hmmm. Maybe.? Maybe we should learn more?

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 10/22/22.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
You are correct in your comment: "Without further stirring the pot, it appears you don't have any at all. More of a case by case thing?"

From my personal experience it is most definitely a "Case by Case" situation in Canada.

I would not want to shoot someone in this country through a window for banging on your window drunk or a crossbow killing on a porch in a jealous rage. In cases like those you are definitely doing Prison time!

Someone breaking into your home, and you taking matters into your own hands, is an entirely different matter!

Last edited by KillerBee; 10/22/22.

KB

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by 673
Found it....Weibo Ludwig is his name, looks like it was a case of...lets look the other way. You can see by the call Weibo makes to the RCMP that he was aware someone pulled a trigger.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/charges-unlikely-in-ludwig-shooting-case-rcmp-say-1.171860

OK, that’s different than the one I was thinking of (Gordon Stanley) https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/gerald-stanley-and-colten-boushie-case

Though I will say Ludwig is a half-bubble off plumb. I think he got lucky.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mod7rem
Good. Once you get to know them, you will find out they are whiners, bigots and western separatists. Frankly, I don't care what you think either. From the posts I've read from you thus far, you crave attention. You remind me of someone from the Yukon who used to post here. No one was interested in him either.

Don’t worry. You'll have plenty of attention in no time. The people who rarely post here, except to complain, should be along very shortly.

Steve,
You seem to have a need to monitor and try to control conversations on the “Canada” forum as if you have some kind of ownership role. Your history of posting on here is consistent in that you start lots of threads on things you are interested in, but try to derail conversation’s you don’t like. I find you to be the most abrasive, condescending and annoying poster on this forum and I actually stopped opening any threads you start for that reason. It’s easy to not join in on conversations you don’t like.

x2

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.

IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
X3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
The grumbly crew. We haven’t heard from most of you since COVID. 😛

Get back to solving Canada’s problems. If you don’t like what I post, take your own advice and don’t respond to me.

https://www.laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-46/index.html

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Dwayne, your liberals are just like ours, they use crime as the excuse to impose draconian gun laws...when in reality any idiot can see its a thinly veiled attempt to disarm the populace. Its not about guns, its about control.I don't know about you Canucks but down here we are bracing to not comply should anything new come down the ;legislative pike.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Originally Posted by 673

OK, that’s different than the one I was thinking of (Gordon Stanley) https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/gerald-stanley-and-colten-boushie-case

Though I will say Ludwig is a half-bubble off plumb. I think he got lucky.

I was referencing Gordon Stanley earlier, he is the guy that accidently shot the kid with the handgun, Ludwig was different alright, but still... triggers were pulled...LOL

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Steve thinks he is the one who gets to decide if he is crazy.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
The reason so few people respond to you is because you are a putz. The only way you feel you can generate a conversation is by complaining. Frankly, it’s tiresome.

It’s useless to suggest that you post something fun, outdoorsy or enjoyable, but myself and others live in hope.

Go fishing or hunting or camping, if you own anything related to those pursuits. Take a few pictures of the water, the leaves changing colour or something pleasant. Try to be upbeat. Be positive. You will find your life will change for the good. Little changes can reap big dividends.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 673
Steve thinks he is the one who gets to decide if he is crazy.

KB

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Dave, you should know better.

I’ll pretend you are new to the board and offer the same advice that was given to 673 - get outdoors and enjoy yourself. Don’t morph into the grumpy Gus that 673 and a few others have become.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The reason so few people respond to you is because you are a putz. The only way you feel you can generate a conversation is by complaining. Frankly, it’s tiresome.

It’s useless to suggest that you post something fun, outdoorsy or enjoyable, but myself and others live in hope.

Go fishing or hunting or camping, if you own anything related to those pursuits. Take a few pictures of the water, leaves changing colour or something pleasant. Try to be upbeat. Be positive. You will find your life will change for the good. Little changes can reap big dividends.

And there it is. The rules by which it’s acceptable to post in Steve’s Canada forum lol.

post something fun, outdoorsy or enjoyable.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I will offer you the same advice too. Try being upbeat. Try being positive. Unfortunately, you don’t like hearing that either. Life is better when you mix in some fun.

Those aren’t my rules. Those are tips to living a better life.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 2500HD, 204guy, 257 roberts, 58 invisible), 2,362 guests, and 1,180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,638
Posts18,455,306
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.