Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#17719605 10/21/22
D
drover Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
I am aware of Canadians limited ownership of handguns but Trudeau just took it to another level for you.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/canad...aying-fewer-guns-means-safer-communities

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dang, what happens when someone get stabbed with a butter knife?

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Last year it was the assault rifles which were evil. This year it's handguns. Restrictions on sales and transfers, which have been in place for decades, have had no beneficial effect but to someone with a shallow intellect, like Justin Castreau, even if it doesn't make sense, he can sell it. He can sell it because a large percentage of the population is just as simple minded as he.
The refusal of governments to address gang proliferation, to address drug distribution and abuse, and to address their own inability to keep an economy going, these are the root causes of crime and violence in this country as it is in the US. The people who commit crimes with handguns have not purchased them through the usual channels, but this is conveniently ignored by advocates for the disarming of legal owners. GD

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A previously unpublished George Orwell book has been found...

"2022".

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
O
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
AMEN, BROTHER !!!!

"not too grumpy"
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by centershot

Just one question before I give you my answer, if that is ok?

Is the person doing the stabbing an intruder that broke into your home?

KB

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KillerBee

Do you have a legal right to self defense?
Personal or home?
Stand your ground or try to retreat? Home or not?

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Just proves liberals are never content with decisions they always want to limit others..

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He had the help of towel head, thanks towel head.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by KillerBee

Do you have a legal right to self defense?
Personal or home?
Stand your ground or try to retreat? Home or not?

I and my family have every right to exist EVERYWHERE, I do not need permission from the government, my permission comes from God. :o)

Have had lots of fights in my life I never retreated, I do not believe in cowardice!

I do not own any handguns, if I lived in the USA, I would definitely own a Colt 357 Magnum, Python.

Last edited by KillerBee; 10/21/22.

KB

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
You have the right to do as you are told. laugh

673 is happy about this. He only posts to complain and whine, so this made him smile. laugh

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
drover;
Good evening to you sir, I hope the day and for that matter the entire week was a good one for you and you're well.

We've known this was coming since late May, so from that time those of us who were able to have been moving as many of them both off the dealer's shelves and in some cases into the hands of folks who might be inheriting them eventually anyways.

This is, as greydog said, going on at the same time that a forced confiscation of long arms is being rolled out. There's more than 1500 variants in the confiscation category so honestly it appears no one, not the government, not the LEO who might have to enforce it and not in many cases the present owners know if they are in contravention of the law.

To suggest it's anything more than virtue signaling to it's uninformed urban base would indicate the person suggesting it hasn't done their homework.

Something north of 85% of firearms used in Canadian crime are unlawfully obtained. That's the number the LEO will admit to, but it might be as high as 95%.

Again anyone thinking - however remotely - that this will lessen crime of any sort here hasn't been paying attention.

Just like when the current PM Socks legalized pot, it merely stimulated the black market to install turbo chargers and auxiliary overdrive.....

If they - PM Shiny Pony and his Evil Minions - even remotely imagined they had a gun smuggling problem previous to this, well they'd better buckle up is my prediction.

Sorry for the negative tone to my post sir, but as this affects me personally in a number of ways, it's difficult to see much positive in any of it.

Nonetheless, all the best and good hunting.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BC30cal
drover;
Good evening to you sir, I hope the day and for that matter the entire week was a good one for you and you're well.

We've known this was coming since late May, so from that time those of us who were able to have been moving as many of them both off the dealer's shelves and in some cases into the hands of folks who might be inheriting them eventually anyways.

This is, as greydog said, going on at the same time that a forced confiscation of long arms is being rolled out. There's more than 1500 variants in the confiscation category so honestly it appears no one, not the government, not the LEO who might have to enforce it and not in many cases the present owners know if they are in contravention of the law.

To suggest it's anything more than virtue signaling to it's uninformed urban base would indicate the person suggesting it hasn't done their homework.

Something north of 85% of firearms used in Canadian crime are unlawfully obtained. That's the number the LEO will admit to, but it might be as high as 95%.

Again anyone thinking - however remotely - that this will lessen crime of any sort here hasn't been paying attention.

Just like when the current PM Socks legalized pot, it merely stimulated the black market to install turbo chargers and auxiliary overdrive.....

If they - PM Shiny Pony and his Evil Minions - even remotely imagined they had a gun smuggling problem previous to this, well they'd better buckle up is my prediction.

Sorry for the negative tone to my post sir, but as this affects me personally in a number of ways, it's difficult to see much positive in any of it.

Nonetheless, all the best and good hunting.

Dwayne

Hi Dwayne, I was hoping to see a picture of your elk yesterday, I know you will post one soon! :o)

My only comment is that I no longer recognize Canada from when I grew up. Tragic and really very sad actually.

Cheers and best of luck hunting ~

Last edited by KillerBee; 10/21/22.

KB

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I bet you are acrimonious, Dwayne!

[Linked Image from c.tenor.com]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
You have the right to do as you are told. laugh

673 is happy about this. He only posts to complain and whine, so this made him smile. laugh

Your still a phoney fugg.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Right on time! Hold your breath...Nah, you only exist to whine and complain. laugh

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
KillerBee;
Good evening to you my friend, I hope the day went well for you.

Thanks for the inquiry on our elk quest, but as the season was done yesterday that'll be more "next year" stuff which I suppose makes a large part of hunting fun. The planning is for me anyways.

We had a bit of a warmer than usual fall and when it's 30°C up on top where we're chasing stuff, one needs to be modifying how far one is going to be packing out the big stuff. While I can manage a deer in two trips usually, something bigger can be 5 or more trips and depending on the length of the trip, a bunch of the meat can surely be in jeopardy.

It's interesting for me to see places where other folks get to hunt moose and elk and be able to access them with anything other than on foot, which is how it's done here or at least how I do most of my hunting.

Anyways, we've seen some moose sign and one buddy saw a legal - has to be 2 point or spike bull - moose yesterday, so maybe we'll see one of them when season starts in a week and a bit.

On the restricted thing, I've had restricted firearms since I turned 18 and was legal to do that, so I've got a fair bit of skin in this particular game and am less than happy about how it's going for sure.

All the best and good hunting regardless of the government we're struggling with.

Dwayne

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Right on time! Hold your breath...Nah, you only exist to whine and complain. laugh

With all due respect Steve I find both Dwayne and 673 very pleasant, and friendly. I do not know you, but I find you to be sanctimonious so far. You may want to look up a video on that word and apply it to your responses, just being honest.

Cheers ~

KB

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Good. Once you get to know them, you will find out they are whiners, bigots and western separatists. Frankly, I don't care what you think either. From the posts I've read from you thus far, you crave attention. You remind me of someone from the Yukon who used to post here. No one was interested in him either.

Don’t worry. You'll have plenty of attention in no time. The people who rarely post here, except to complain, should be along very shortly.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I bet you are acrimonious, Dwayne!

[Linked Image from c.tenor.com]

Steve;
Good evening to you sir, I hope the week was overall well behaved despite today's announcement and you're all well.

For sure I'm more than a wee bit disenchanted with the current situation that Mr. Singh and PM Socks has placed me personally in and acrimonious might be where I arrive eventually for sure.

As mentioned previously, one of my major frustrations is that I know this will only encourage growth in the gun smuggling industry, which is booming locally for a few reasons. We're close to the border which is relatively rough and difficult terrain and there seems to be no shortage of the organized crime sort of element who do this type of work for their daily bread.

Anyways Steve, I've said my piece and then some on it, so I'm sure how I feel isn't a surprise to anyone who even remotely knows me.

Interesting times for sure though sir.

All the best and good hunting to you nonetheless.

Dwayne

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
716 members (117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 75 invisible), 2,699 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,683
Posts18,399,735
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.