Print Thread
Hop To
O
Oakster Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Saw a few posts about private individuals not being able to ship a long gun to another FFL any longer? Is that accurate and has it changed? The posts said UPS and Fed Ex have changed the rules and required FFL to FFL shipping only. That would increase costs and slow down transactions online I would think.

GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I have heard about UPS changing policies and that sounds correct as far as what I have heard. Have not heard that Fedex was doing it. You can still ship long guns to FFLs for now, but not handguns. That will likely be changing soon.

"An armed society is a polite society."

Joe S.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Correct UPS and Fedex have rinstated some new rules. But you as a private individual may ship a long gun to a FFL (dealer) thru the United States Postal Service

Last edited by Mike_Dettorre; 10/22/22.

Internet analysis: 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact

Fools & fanatics are always so certain and wise people are always so questioning

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

O
Oakster Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Mike_Dettorre
Correct UPS and Fedex have re-instated some new rules. But you as a private individual may ship a long gun to a FFL (dealer) thru the United States Postal Service

Thank you.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Consider shipmygun.com for individual to FFL UPS shipping...Tom

Last edited by thomasconnor; 10/22/22.
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Ship long guns usps. Easy Peasy

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by thomasconnor

I might have to check that one out. I just priced shipping a heavy barrel 22, total 15lbs, half way across the country was $64.

I'm also trying to figure out the UPS rule. Can I print the label on my own, then drop it off at my FFL and just have them pick it up like normal? Or does it have to ship from, and have return label from my FFL?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have only been the recipient so far. The site has plenty of information...Tom

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

Thanks. That looks like usefull info.

Bb

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
For USPS; they have instituted a large item surcharge of an extra $15 plus the actual shipping charge.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Yep. Shipped a shotgun barrel last week and got hit with the $15 “large item” charge. Gotta pay to play these days I guess.

Oh, and believe it or not, deer bite. Fairly hard.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've used this a couple times and it couldn't be easier. It's through Bud's Gun Shop so you get to take advantage of their discounted price.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oakster
Saw a few posts about private individuals not being able to ship a long gun to another FFL any longer? Is that accurate and has it changed? The posts said UPS and Fed Ex have changed the rules and required FFL to FFL shipping only. That would increase costs and slow down transactions online I would think.
Earlier this month I shipped a rifle via FedEx from individual (me) to an FFL. No problems.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Originally Posted by Oakster
Earlier this month I shipped a rifle via FedEx from individual (me) to an FFL. No problems.

I presume you did not tell them what you were shipping??

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

492 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 39 invisible), 2,381 guests, and 1,091 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,494
Posts18,452,415
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.