Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Picked up one a few weeks ago, pretty nice Marlin. Hopefully will have sone good cast loads made up for it and it sighted in before the end of deer season.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

BP-B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Picked a old m760 std up in 35 rem spring before last. The Winkman was a big fan and collector of 760's so his advice on it was priceless. He knew his way around the 35 too. I scored a bunch of factory ammo and dies for it also. No scope just the factory irons. Took a while to come up with a magazine for it that is smooth and dependable but it's a done deal. Yeah its ready to hunt...mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Picked a old m760 std up in 35 rem spring before last. The Winkman was a big fan and collector of 760's so his advice on it was priceless. He knew his way around the 35 too. I scored a bunch of factory ammo and dies for it also. No scope just the factory irons. Took a while to come up with a magazine for it that is smooth and dependable but it's a done deal. Yeah its ready to hunt...mb

Cool, I have just over three boxes of factory ammo but would like to have some empty brass. Not as easy to find as I would like.

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Count me in:

Shaw MK Vll SS, 21" barrel, 35 Rem

“Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person”
-Fred Bear
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Nice Rifle.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rickt300

Cool, I have just over three boxes of factory ammo but would like to have some empty brass. Not as easy to find as I would like.
WTB ad in classifieds. Pretty easy for me when I needed some.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
When I saw that stack of 35 r's sitting on that gunshow table it had my full attn. Part box of WW 200gr RN's ,3 boxes of 150 gr Rems and 4 boxes of 200gr RN remingtons. I told the guy to shoot me deal on all of it and he did $200. Be awhile before I need to load any but do have dies and some 180 fn speers...mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
I am one.

I had a Marlin 36 years ago in 35, and I sold it and then regretted that.
I now have a Remington 141 in 35 Rem. I don't ever expect to sell this one. I have now killed several deer and 1 antelope with it. I really like the short little cartridge.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rickt300
Picked up one a few weeks ago, pretty nice Marlin. Hopefully will have sone good cast loads made up for it and it sighted in before the end of deer season.

Yes major fan. Not using stockpile of jacketed bullets I have after playing with rcbs 200 gr. fpgc. Almost too easy too get them to shoot well. I run mine with Williams peep and a .070 "partridge" front sight.

J
JDK Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Have two Marlin levers. One will be going with me Saturday. Always on the lookout for an affordable pump.

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by kandpand
Count me in:

Can we get some details on that rifle please? That looks like a really good combo.

“Lighten up Francis”
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Bought an early 50s waffle top with a Lyman sidemounted peep in 35Rem. It will see.action this fall. I'd like to have the original wood copied into a new.stock one day. What a wonderful woods gun.

The way life should be.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Count me in:

I always like seeing that very cool little rifle.

I only have one 35 Rem. It's an older 336 my Dad hunted with the entire time I was growing up. I saw him kill a lot of deer with it. My sister, brother, and I put a rifle together for him as a birthday present several years back and after using it he decided to sell the 35 Rem. He asked me to sell it for him.....so I sold it to myself.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Count me in:

That's sharp.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
One of my favorites, I'd like to have a kimber classic or similar rifle chambered in 35 Remington.

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by micky
Count me in:

Can we get some details on that rifle please? That looks like a really good combo.

The rifle was built by Shaw. MK Vll , stainless action and 21" barrel. Laminate stock.
I wanted a bolt action 35 Rem for a long time but could not find one at a price that I wanted. I had this rifle built about 3 years ago and it is great.

The top target is the first 3 shots from the rifle. The bottom target is the last 3 shot group. Federal blue box 200gr

Last edited by kandpand; 10/24/22.

“Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person”
-Fred Bear
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H

Have a 35 rem marked mag that appears original to my 760 ADL. ( 1963 ).

I run it w a 243/308 mag and its fine.

Last edited by hookeye; 10/24/22.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I have a couple of Marlins. Had a first year 760 but sold it last year.

I’m a fan, but just always finding myself picking up another rifle when I leave the house.

CK
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Count me in:

The rifle was built by Shaw. MK Vll , stainless action and 21" barrel. Laminate stock.
I wanted a bolt action 35 Rem for a long time but could not find one at a price that I wanted. I had this rifle built about 3 years ago and it is great.

The top target is the first 3 shots from the rifle. The bottom target is the last 3 shot group. Federal blue box 200gr

Oh I like it. I have a shouldered prefit for a tikka on order in 35 Remington. When I complete it I will be a fool fledged loony for sure.

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by jeeper
Count me in:

Oh I like it. I have a shouldered prefit for a tikka on order in 35 Remington. When I complete it I will be a fool fledged loony for sure.

A Tikka in 35 Rem sounds interesting. Would like to know the details and see a picture.

-Fred Bear
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
754 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 10Glocks, 88 invisible), 2,735 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,702
Posts18,399,996
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.