Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Mac-
You may be interested in THIS BOOK!! smile

[Linked Image]

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Keep the Wind in your Face, Sun at your Back, & Silhouette in Shadows
Know guns, know peace, know safety
No guns, no peace, no safety

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I didn't know they could publish words like that!

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
macrabbit..That's a real bestseller ..been out awhile..

A few years back, I got a copy for the wife..who usually won't go for 3-4 days IF we even leave town and stay in a motel..:)
( how do people DO that??)

Book didn't help..:(

I think she has the same phobias- mentality of the kids you recall who never would use the open stalls in school no matter how bad they needed to..:) Jim

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Can I assume that you DO NOT recommend this technique when said dumper is plagued with explosive diarrhea??

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by BOWHUNR
Can I assume that you DO NOT recommend this technique when said dumper is plagued with explosive diarrhea??

Mike

Mike, I think from the description of the baggie mcrabbit gave us that THAT situation would need to be addressed in the tent vestibule with a hefty garbage bag grapped up snugly..:)..or better yet a -ways away so the wind didn't blow it back on your heels..:)

Immodium AD is the ticket for that..but must be taken the night before..:) Good hunters PLAN stuff..:) Jim

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Jim-

Please tell us how a good hunter "plans" to have the $hits?

That's funny right there...

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Ironbender..:)...:)

He 'plans' NOT to drink the wrong stuff..( poor water or too much cervesa) plans NOT to eat the wrong stuff..
Listens to his body and gut ..:)
If in doubt, take an Immodium AD the previus evening...and DON'T call ME in the morning..:) Jim

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
This thread had been hilarious!

I vote with CAS though. No dookey in my tent.....

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
All explosives must be unloaded and stored in the nearest approved powder magazine!

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Westman
This thread had been hilarious!

I vote with CAS though. No dookey in my tent.....

Yeah. One more reason why I want a tent to myself.

- Tom

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Throwing anything plastic in the campfire and smelling is bad enough, let alone a turd wrapped in plastic.

With a pair of twins producing about 20,000 stinky diapers a day Im more than familiar with the substance but that does not mean I want someone dropping logs in my tent. I dont care what the weather is like thats outside, thats what they make ponchos for.

I wont even go into what I was taught when working multiple days of surveillance in a vehicle when you cannot get out without blowing your case...ok maybe a little, but all I will say is ziplock bags full of kitty litter are nasty.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Best thread in a while. Laffin my arse off!

I too am with CAS. There is to be no dropping of the duece in the shelter. I don't care how bad doctor dugan is calling!

Jim

"The skillful woodsman who knows his game, and who gets close, can keep himself in venison or moose meat with a rifle most of us would consider entirely inadequate." - Jack O'Connor
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by varmintsinc
Throwing anything plastic in the campfire and smelling is bad enough, let alone a turd wrapped in plastic.

With a pair of twins producing about 20,000 stinky diapers a day Im more than familiar with the substance but that does not mean I want someone dropping logs in my tent. I dont care what the weather is like thats outside, thats what they make ponchos for.

I wont even go into what I was taught when working multiple days of surveillance in a vehicle when you cannot get out without blowing your case...ok maybe a little, but all I will say is ziplock bags full of kitty litter are nasty.

THAT'S WHY THEY MAKE PONCHOS????????? THAT IS PRICELESS!!!!!!!

LOL LOL LOL

Shoot Strait....Penetrate Deep.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I'll be damned if I would share a tent with anybody that drops wolf bait into plastics bags inside the tent and then fricassees the works on the campfire.

That is just wrong.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I'm befuddled by all of the negative responses.
Besides the fact that you'all are focused on 'tent' when the title is 'vestibule', are you the same folks who shove your hands into the cavities of gut-shot deer (occasionally); have poop dribble out on you while circling out an elk's anus; are forced to s(h)it in camp when you've forgotten the Imodium; fail like the majority of Americans, even fast-food workers, to wash your hands after restroom duty in the approved manner for the approved time; cradle poopy babies in your arms while the wife arranges the facilities; use construction port-a-potties; pick up firewood from around camp while not knowing which bushes have been yellowed or which logs have been used by your buddies to support their squats; etc.?
I outlined a clean, self-packaging technique. With an accurate targeting system, there is no mess; there's no more odor, and it lasts no longer, than any normal 'fanny-burp'; hands need get no more contaminated than in the Hilton; the Ziploc of bundled paper towel is no more to be avoided, and probably less, than the bucket liners from your depicted stalls and truck-hitch systems.
And do you burn your tent as an abomination every time you find a mouse dropping in the bread box?

As I write this, the thread has had 418 views and 34 responses. Some of those voyeurs likely are a bit embarrassed to admit on this public forum the similar ways they've (cleanly) handled matters; but I'd sure like, now, a bit more support than that from jim in Oregon. I notice that our more woods-wise members have not chimed in.

smile

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Mac,

All right, you can go hunting with me. Some of your good luck might rub off on me and I might kill a monster blacktail! grin

But here's the deal: You bring and chit in your own vestibule and you burn it downwind at least 50yds of camp! wink

And you stay outta me food! grin

MtnHtr

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mtn Hunter
And you stay outta me food!

You'd need worry only when I pack up a lunch for you and wrap your sandwich in a paper towel. grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The only logs that should be on the campfire are not man made.

But since this is still America, treat it like Burger King and have it your way.

Just not @ my campfire. cry

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
In an odd, and sick, coincidence, this afternoon went to the hills and dumped a load of bricks.
Really.
(I have an eroding dirt road, take up loads of concrete and such when I have a source such as a neighborhood house renovation.)

grin

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

272 members (22kHornet, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 2500HD, 10Glocks, 24 invisible), 2,475 guests, and 942 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,733
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.