Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
This is a first for me. I started a ladder of cd's as a home for some idle cash. Rates range from 3.7% for 3mo. to 4.55% for 12mo. These were purchased through Schwab. I read that other brokerages are doing similar. Seems like a good place to find a little yield until the bond market finds a bottom.

GB1

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
I’d be worried about the Reverse Repo where all this type of Money is Parked..

The Fed is Now Insolvent because of their Interest Rate Hikes ..

They are paying 250 Million a Day to 8 Money Center Banks for parking their cash in the Repo..

Look for the Fed to Go to Congress and ask for a Bailout Soon..

I believe a Gush of Fake Money will Flood the Markets looking for Yield.. The Bond Market in Particular..

If Yellen and J.Rome don’t have a Plan it will be Up for Markets then when people figure out the Cash is Trash ..

The Black Hole .. Dark Ages.. Hand to Hand Combat..

Bad ain’t the Word ..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Go see where the 6mo was in the early 80's.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
No kidding 😊

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by akrange

They are paying 250 Million a Day to 8 Money Center Banks for parking their cash in the Repo..

I believe a Gush of Fake Money will Flood the Markets looking for Yield.. The Bond Market in Particular..

If Yellen and J.Rome don’t have a Plan it will be Up for Markets then when people figure out the Cash is Trash ..

Bad ain’t the Word ..

Beginning to think CashisKing is spot on with bulk hording of hard goods.
There's really nowhere safe to put monies anymore

FJB & FJT
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Right now much of the world is buying US treasury notes because it’s still seen as a safe haven. That’s quickly coming to an end as the Asian block switches to trading in a multitude of National currencies and abandons the dollar. China is slowly dumping all of their US treasury notes. Saudi Arabia is likely to also dump theirs. When your money isn’t safe from being stolen by the USA you move it out. I can’t believe that Biden’s handlers would be so stupid as to alienate the Saudis. Nothing will hasten the demise of the petrodollar quicker than Saudi Arabia moving out of dollar trading. The talk of the oil price cap for Russian oil is enough for everyone in the oil game to get the f u ck out of dollars. Everyone realizes that if the west gets away with it with Russia then the west will do it to them too. If I were OPEC+R I’d have a total embargo ready the minute a price cap is announced. OPEC can last a lot longer without western money than the west can without their oil. That the west would even speak out loud about trying to cap the price of oil is straight up dumbfuckery.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
Right now much of the world is buying US treasury notes because it’s still seen as a safe haven. That’s quickly coming to an end as the Asian block switches to trading in a multitude of National currencies and abandons the dollar. China is slowly dumping all of their US treasury notes. Saudi Arabia is likely to also dump theirs. When your money isn’t safe from being stolen by the USA you move it out. I can’t believe that Biden’s handlers would be so stupid as to alienate the Saudis. Nothing will hasten the demise of the petrodollar quicker than Saudi Arabia moving out of dollar trading. The talk of the oil price cap for Russian oil is enough for everyone in the oil game to get the f u ck out of dollars. Everyone realizes that if the west gets away with it with Russia then the west will do it to them too. If I were OPEC+R I’d have a total embargo ready the minute a price cap is announced. OPEC can last a lot longer without western money than the west can without their oil. That the west would even speak out loud about trying to cap the price of oil is straight up dumbfuckery.

Saudi already tried that with the Euro and it didn't play out so well for them.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

Bad ain’t the Word ..

You are confusing CD's with Money Market Funds. CD's are FDIC insured, like savings accounts. It was Money market Funds that were in danger of going under when the reverse repo market froze up.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I put my money in Hormel canned chili

For the long

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Southerntier8

Bad ain’t the Word ..

You are confusing CD's with Money Market Funds. CD's are FDIC insured, like savings accounts. It was Money market Funds that were in danger of going under when the reverse repo market froze up.

You are confusing FDIC with something that would actually have the funds to pay you out if everything went sideways.......................

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

IC B3

W
WMR Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
W
This is a first for me. I started a ladder of cd's as a home for some idle cash. Rates range from 3.7% for 3mo. to 4.55% for 12mo. These were purchased through Schwab. I read that other brokerages are doing similar. Seems like a good place to find a little yield until the bond market finds a bottom.

Seems like a very reasonable thing to do with cash that you planned to hold. Will still lose money to inflation but better than hiding it in the mattress.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
if the country defaults on the FDIC which your certificates are insured under. the whole currency is done and everyone is broke. one interesting thing is I bonds. below is a video on it. you can get about 8% on it right now. but you can only do 10k per ein or social security number.

Last edited by cumminscowboy; 10/26/22.
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A

Bad ain’t the Word ..

You are confusing CD's with Money Market Fund
s. CD's are FDIC insured, like savings accounts. It was Money market Funds that were in danger of going under when the reverse repo market froze up.

You’ve heard of Cascading Events..

The Derivative Markets ..

There are Trillions of Party / Counter Party Contracts that could go Bust not just on Paper ..

There are Trillions of these Contracts that are Bust as Interest Rates Go Higher..

The FDIC… Can’t cover Large Scale Losses ..

The Fed is Broke so are others Government Programs..

Social Security is Near Broke if Not Broke ..

Last I looked we had a National Debt of 31 Trillion must of it since Little Bushy ..

Who Ya Gonna Call ..

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Wait a Minute..

Crushing Taxation would stem the Tide ..

Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
CDs have gone from paying nothing to paying a small amount of interest .

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

I've been doing the same thing with Treasure Bills. They pay a bit more than CD's right now, 4.1% for a 3 month one. When they mature I roll them over into another 3 month one and since the Fed has been raising interest rates they pay more than the maturing one. They're about as safe as it gets, like someone said if the government quits paying them then the entire monetary system has fallen apart & we'll be eating cat food anyway. I realize they don't keep up with inflation but I'm only losing half as much of my cash to it and I think the stock market is going to get a lot worse before it gets better so I don't want to put it in there.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
We wont be eating cat food. Eating cats

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
if the country defaults on the FDIC which your certificates are insured under. the whole currency is done and everyone is broke. one interesting thing is I bonds. below is a video on it. you can get about 8% on it right now. but you can only do 10k per ein or social security number.

The wife and I already did the max for this year. The rate is 9.4% if you buy an I-bond by the end of the Oct. You would get that rate for 6 months then 6.4% for the second six months.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

Bad ain’t the Word ..

You are confusing CD's with Money Market Fund
s. CD's are FDIC insured, like savings accounts. It was Money market Funds that were in danger of going under when the reverse repo market froze up.

You’ve heard of Cascading Events..

The Derivative Markets ..

There are Trillions of Party / Counter Party Contracts that could go Bust not just on Paper ..

There are Trillions of these Contracts that are Bust as Interest Rates Go Higher..

The FDIC… Can’t cover Large Scale Losses ..

The Fed is Broke so are others Government Programs..

Social Security is Near Broke if Not Broke ..

Last I looked we had a National Debt of 31 Trillion must of it since Little Bushy ..

Who Ya Gonna Call ..

There is a limit to how much gold I want to keep buried in the back yard. To each, their own.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by slumlord
I put my money in Hormel canned chili

For the long

I bury a Case a Week ..

We have nothing to Fear but Fear itself..

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (10gaugeman, 204guy, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 50 invisible), 3,135 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,594
Posts18,454,365
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.