Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Dutch Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
No, not what you expected.

They now have so much of it, that prices briefly turned negative this week. All the storage is full, tankers are lining up, and then, for the cherry on top, the weather is still unseasonably nice.

The Euros have so much gas right now, they literally don’t know what to do with it.

Your move, Vlad.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/26/energy/europe-natural-gas-prices-plunge/index.html

Europe has more natural gas than it knows what to do with. So much, in fact, that spot prices briefly went negative earlier this week.

For months, officials have warned of an energy crisis this winter as Russia — once the region’s biggest supplier of natural gas — slashed supplies in retaliation for sanctions Europe imposed over its invasion of Ukraine.

Now, EU gas storage facilities are close to full, tankers carrying liquefied natural gas (LNG) are lining up at ports, unable to unload their cargoes, and prices are tumbling.

The price of benchmark European natural gas futures has dropped 20% since last Thursday, and by more than 70% since hitting a record high in late August. On Monday, Dutch gas spot prices for delivery within an hour — which reflect real time European market conditions — dipped below €0, according to data from the Intercontinental Exchange.

Prices turned negative because of an “oversupplied grid,” Tomas Marzec-Manser, head of gas analytics at the Independent Commodity Intelligence Services (ICIS), told CNN Business.

It is a hugely surprising turn of events for Europe, where households and businesses have been clobbered by eye-watering rises in the price of one of its most important energy sources over the past year.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
BP-B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
They will screw it up.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by GAGoober
They will screw it up.

Without question.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by plumbum
Originally Posted by GAGoober
They will screw it up.

Without question.

Pretty likely.
If storage isn't sufficient for winter, which is unlikely.
Weather is not predictable, they c ant get regular shipments if there is
no storage. Stop the tankers, you can't just order them back tomorrow.
A big cold snap and they c ould run out before shipments start ag ain.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dutch

They now have so much of it, that prices briefly turned negative this week. All the storage is full, tankers are lining up, and then, for the cherry on top, the weather is still unseasonably nice.

The Euros have so much gas right now, they literally don’t know what to do with it.

Your move, Vlad.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/26/energy/europe-natural-gas-prices-plunge/index.html

Europe has more natural gas than it knows what to do with. So much, in fact, that spot prices briefly went negative earlier this week.

For months, officials have warned of an energy crisis this winter as Russia — once the region’s biggest supplier of natural gas — slashed supplies in retaliation for sanctions Europe imposed over its invasion of Ukraine.

Now, EU gas storage facilities are close to full, tankers carrying liquefied natural gas (LNG) are lining up at ports, unable to unload their cargoes, and prices are tumbling.

The price of benchmark European natural gas futures has dropped 20% since last Thursday, and by more than 70% since hitting a record high in late August. On Monday, Dutch gas spot prices for delivery within an hour — which reflect real time European market conditions — dipped below €0, according to data from the Intercontinental Exchange.

Prices turned negative because of an “oversupplied grid,” Tomas Marzec-Manser, head of gas analytics at the Independent Commodity Intelligence Services (ICIS), told CNN Business.

It is a hugely surprising turn of events for Europe, where households and businesses have been clobbered by eye-watering rises in the price of one of its most important energy sources over the past year.

If Europe is so damn good why you living in Idaho??

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Well just as long as our politicians spouses are making bank off their stock portfolio it's all good to go....

That insider schit they cultivate once they get in office is awesome....

To bad us pions couldn't be privy to all of that schit.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anyone that believed that the average European was going to literally freeze to death this winter was an idiot. They will pay more for heating cost just as we will and are paying more for gas and diesel now. Our government is the antagonist and whatever we gain in natural gas imports will be more than offset by all of the “military aide” and cost of living expenses/inflation due to energy cost.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Thanks, town crier

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Interesting. But, it's only October, let's revisit this matter the first of the year.

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
Dutch Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar
Interesting. But, it's only October, let's revisit this matter the first of the year.

From what I can gather, they have enough of a supply cobbled together to make it through this winter just fine.

Next winter..... still very uncertain.

Of course, that's with major energy consuming industries, like fertilizer, heavily curtailed or shut down. Which will have consequences for years to come.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by renegade50
Well just as long as our politicians spouses are making bank off their stock portfolio it's all good to go....

That insider schit they cultivate once they get in office is awesome....

To bad us pions couldn't be privy to all of that schit.....

Man, the real schiett would really be interesting.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by 79S

Your move, Vlad.

Maybe he likes Idaho better?

No need to be hating Europe.

Last edited by plumbum; 10/26/22.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
It sounds like Europe doesn't have the ability to process the quantity of LNG that's available.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/24/wav...-europe-and-hits-natural-gas-prices.html

Energy experts tell CNBC they are keeping an eye on an EU LNG price cap. The cap was discussed last Thursday even as prices have come down. “The price cap potentially pushes traders out of the market which would impact future supply arriving in Europe,” Rousseau said.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by plumbum
Originally Posted by 79S

Your move, Vlad.

Maybe he likes Idaho better?

No need to be hating Europe.

His comment “your move vlad” tells me all I needs to know. He’s is all in with that ukraine crowd..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Regular
Online Sick
Campfire Regular
It isn't winter yet.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I really don't care if Europe has heat or not, but I would never believe a single word CNN prints. Kinda ballsy to post a CNN link here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So not only are they binging on a fossil fuel... they are binging on bunker oil to move it around....which drive up prices for everyone else in the world...but they just had to pay Ukraine to apply to NATO the most useless organization imaginable since about 1991.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Hopefully they all die.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 79S

Your move, Vlad.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
421 members (280shooter, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 1_deuce, 55 invisible), 2,427 guests, and 1,154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,723
Posts18,400,590
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.