Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
They're voting on it in Nov. This is an excerpt from a Foxnews article:

The measure would ban large-capacity magazines over 10 rounds — except for current owners, law enforcement and the military — and require a permit to purchase any gun. To qualify for a permit, an applicant would need to complete an approved firearm safety course that includes a review of state and federal laws and a demonstration before a certified instructor that the applicant can properly lock, load, unload, fire and store a gun.

They would also be subject to a fee of up to $65, need to pass a criminal background check and need to be determined by a permit agent to not pose a danger to themselves or others based on their mental state or past behavior.

Applicants would apply for the permit from the local police chief, county sheriff, or their designees. Additionally, state police would create a firearms database, and applicants would be fingerprinted and photographed.

Permits would be valid for five years. Anyone denied a permit or who has a permit revoked could appeal the decision.

I live next door in Idaho and we travel through OR quite often. As it is, the only way a non-res can carry in OR is to get an OR CC permit. They won't honor any other state's permit. If this thing passes, it's for sure that I won't be getting a permit. Their requirements will be just plain nuts.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
The SC will shove that law up their ass and tell them the 2nd Amendment is the only permit necessary.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Blue States are going to pass schit like this all across America.

All in blatant violation of NYSRPA v Bruen

By the time these bills make it to the SC, either the make-up of the court will have changed, or the Democrats have succeed in packing the court.

Either way, Thomas needs to watch his back and learn to sleep without the use of pillows.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Pretty much what New York is doing, going to be lawsuits for years.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Virtue signalling designed to appeal to the Willamette Valley corridor ultra liberals.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Like Bob said, this will proceed through the courts and be shot down. The dims throw [bleep] at the wall to see what sticks.

NRA Endowment Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Watching tucker last night and a commercial came on showing a woman that had a brother killed in portland saying she is supporting it because it will help get illegal guns off the street.

That’s the pitch to the masses. Additional restrictions/requirements for legal folks = less illegal guns.

Sean
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Yeah but have you seen Roy’s deer?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MikeL2
Pretty much what New York is doing, going to be lawsuits for years.

And for all those years a New York citizens rights are violated.

Aren't libtards the shizzle!!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
West Virginia has a two step process to be able to carry a weapon...

Step 1: Enter West Virginia

Step 2: Carry

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by CashisKing
West Virginia has a two step process to be able to carry a weapon...

Step 1: Enter West Virginia

Step 2: Carry
Idaho's almost the same IF you're a resident. Non-residents must have an acceptable permit from their home state and almost all states' permits qualify.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I know a guy who used to live in a state with extremely oppressive anti-gun laws. That state's laws prohibited the ownership of certain firearms (of the AK and AR design), certain magazines (over the arbitrary capacity of 10 rounds), certain types of handguns that had not been approved by the state based on arbitrary conditions and they effectively prohibited the carry of any firearm unless you were a political insider.

This guy continued to own AR and AK style weapons, standard capacity magazines and "unsafe" handguns, and he carried the handguns he owned wherever he went. This went on for over 30 years before he moved to a free state.

Granted, had law enforcement been involved in his life, he probably would have been fined and jailed many times over, and in one incident from 2020 the laws resulted in him choosing to not engage in the fundamental right to self defense, but in the end, the laws accomplished nothing other than criminalizing lawful behavior. The guns and ammo were not affected in the way that lawmakers claimed they would be.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I live in oregon. this proposal is just a bill slipped in by a group of crazies. No way it will fly. Fact is when we had a gun run during the anitfa riots etc etc 90% of the gun applicants were first time gun buyers thus obviously the majority were liberal democrats. (per 3 gunshop owners I know). This bill is nothing to do with gun violence, which oregon dosent have to any extreme, but about paranoia that 'we' will take them over violently. Which wont happen either. The democrates like their guns too!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Anybody with me in having the Supremes having their own law enforcement. I mean, the IRS is getting 87000 agents that are armed. Why not have the Court have a 100000 armed agents to enforce their decisions. It would thrill my soul to see someone like Hochul being arrested for doing the crap that she is pulling to avoid having to abide by Bruen.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Tesoro
I live in oregon. this proposal is just a bill slipped in by a group of crazies. No way it will fly. Fact is when we had a gun run during the anitfa riots etc etc 90% of the gun applicants were first time gun buyers thus obviously the majority were liberal democrats. (per 3 gunshop owners I know). This bill is nothing to do with gun violence, which oregon dosent have to any extreme, but about paranoia that 'we' will take them over violently. Which wont happen either. The democrates like their guns too!

Wow.

You really are stupid.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
My off the wall take regarding states boldly defying the Bruen decision is that they know they will be challenged and lose but they want to keep all the firearms rights groups tied up in court and spending money. I believe the goal is to financially break them so they can then have their way with him control.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smarquez
My off the wall take regarding states boldly defying the Bruen decision is that they know they will be challenged and lose but they want to keep all the firearms rights groups tied up in court and spending money. I believe the goal is to financially break them so they can then have their way with him control.

Could be part of it…

When State government have their laws challenged in court. They are defended by the States Attorney General. To an anti-gun politician, it’s a free a defense of their unconstitutional laws, even though it’s tax payer dollars that fund that defense.

The ‘pro gun’ lobby has to pay out of their coffers and by donations to challenge and fight these things. It does get expensive.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by smarquez
A Lille bit, but more likely they know that by the time this reaches the SC, it will be controlled by liberals.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Tesoro

You have a lot more faith in the retards from Portland, Salem, Eugene, Ashland than I do

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Portland needs to fall into the Columbia, then it might become a decent place to live again.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

116 members (7x57Hunter, 44mc, 10Glocks, 7887mm08, 808outdoors, 21, 13 invisible), 1,619 guests, and 725 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,688
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.