Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Originally Posted by gene270
i have a mule mx and bought the cv boot protectors...they seem to be exposed and thought that would be cheaper than boot replacement
$600 I just had one fixed by Kawasaki
Holy cow that's high. I can DIY the boots on my Polaris in 30 min. for under $50/axle (last time I bought them anyway. Probably a lot higher now). Pull the wheel, 4 bolts, and it all slides out. It's a good idea to replace both boots on a side, though, because they both slide on from the same end. Half the time you have to take them both off anyway.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
the market is not improving from what i have seen

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Still running my 2008 Honda 500 foreman, and my 1999 Honda 300 fourtrax. The 300 is still going strong.

Last edited by Remington280; 09/15/22.

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Do yourself a favor, buy a manual shift Honda ATV!

They don’t use the problematic belts and they have excellent reliability! In my experience over the years and seeing numerous other brands bought by my friends, I’ll stay with Honda!

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
If the ATV industry follows what is starting in the auto industry. Check the banks for their auctions. Repo's are on the uptick

Daughter is looking to buy a used car, was talking to a salesman last night about availability of new cars, prices, people taking on debt during this inflation...

He said there is a huge pick up in people coming in trying to sell cars.
Unfortunately for them, many bought in the last two crazy years.

Paid wayyyyy too much.

The market has adjusted, cars are more available, prices are falling.
The folks are getting pinched for cash, and are upside down on their cars.

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 10/05/22.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Windfall
I’ve been on the look out for a new Kodiak 450 eps myself and being from Louisiana, you will probably find more of them from what I’ve seen on ATVTrader.com. You might need to travel out of state to find one though. There are none for sale up here in the north. Honda’s and Polaris, just no Yamaha 450 EPS models.

How far do you want to travel for one?

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was looking for a new Yamaha Wolverine X2, I had to get the local dealer to order one for me with delivery expected some time in March, he didn't even ask for a deposit.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
👍

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by Windfall
I’ve been on the look out for a new Kodiak 450 eps myself and being from Louisiana, you will probably find more of them from what I’ve seen on ATVTrader.com. You might need to travel out of state to find one though. There are none for sale up here in the north. Honda’s and Polaris, just no Yamaha 450 EPS models.

How far do you want to travel for one?

Tzone, back this spring a new Kodiak seemed like a better idea than it does now in the middle of October. Honestly a new AGM battery in the old Polaris and I should be good for another few years for as much as I use that wheeler, or the other play things. I'm sure that at this point my local dealer would be happy to order one and the wife isn't opposed to the idea, but I just haven't been able to get past the cost/benefit stage.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’ve been on the hunt for a new Honda Pioneer 1000 and can’t find one in Western Canada. Finally had to just put an order in for one. Expecting a several month wait for it. Dealer has no idea when it would be available.

Rob
IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Just looked at a Yamaha Kodiak 450, with a warn 2500 winch. Out the door it was $10k.

I’d have to flip a coin between the Honda and the Kodiak.

I thought that price was a little high, but with a winch and TTL, it might be too far off.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just looked at a Yamaha Kodiak 450, with a warn 2500 winch. Out the door it was $10k.

I thought that price was a little high, but with a winch and TTL, it might be too far off.

That sounds high I bought a New 2019 Honda Rancher 420 4-wheel drive for $5195
have they gone up that much in 4 years.

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Originally Posted by Riverc

My arctic cat 450 cost more than that in 2012

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

I bought a new kodiak 450 eps 1.5 years ago for $7500. No winch tho

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
My local dealer has some CF Motos and no Kawasakis or suzukis. He doesn't expect them for months. If he gets a Kawasaki or Suzuki in they are already sold. Only the CF Moto's are on the floor.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Look on FB marketplace... I found a used 2021 Polaris 570 Sportsman that had 26 hours on it and was ridden on dirt roads around a farm for $4400

Point being, don't get in a hurry and know what you want. Go look at the machine and make an offer. I will NOT buy a new one ever again.

This time of year, there are tons of machines coming available that people took out LOANS to buy...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by kwg020
My local dealer has some CF Motos and no Kawasakis or suzukis. He doesn't expect them for months. If he gets a Kawasaki or Suzuki in they are already sold. Only the CF Moto's are on the floor.

kwg
Same here in RC ,SD the used Hondas were as much as the new 600 cfmoto and didn't have ps or independent rear suspension. 6999.00..mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Lots have changed in the ATV world since 2019. MSRP on ALL ATV/UTV's are up 15-20% or more since then and Honda (to my knowledge) never charged a destination fee or a freight surcharge like they (and all manufacturers) do now. Also, you most likely bought a manual shift, non-power steering, solid axle Honda Rancher. That Kodiak is an automatic with IRS and for the price quoted I assume it's a power steering machine as well. I'm not saying one is better than the other but to get all of those options in a Honda you can add another $2000-2500 to the price you paid on top of the cost increase since 2019.

I had exclusively owned Honda ATV's until 2019 when I was going to replace my 2016 Rubicon manual shift (hated the manual shift after owner 3 hondamatic Rubicons) with a new 2019 Rubicon DCT. After driving it I didn't like the way the DCT shifted so I ended up buying a Can Am Outlander 570 DPS. With a few extras added I was OTD for $7500. This was in October of 19 and the 19's were discounted as the 20's were rolling in. I was back at the same dealer getting my UTV serviced this past September and looked at the same model Outlander I bought new in 2019 except this one was camo colored and had some upgrades (headed seat, light bar, sound bar and basket racks) and the price was $13k before any fees or tt&l. I absolutely couldn't believe it. I asked the salesman if someone was interested in that machine without all of the extras could they be taken off and they said no because the labor had already been spent installing the extras and that with the machine shortage they were adding accessories/extras to all machines in order to make up for the lack of volume they were receiving. He did say one could be ordered and purchased without all of the accessories but there was no estimated lead time as to when it would arrive. So seems to me that the ATV world isn't getting any better any time soon. At least that was the case 3-4 months ago.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ShortMag11

Lots have changed in the ATV world since 2019. MSRP on ALL ATV/UTV's are up 15-20% or more since then and Honda (to my knowledge) never charged a destination fee or a freight surcharge like they (and all manufacturers) do now. Also, you most likely bought a manual shift, non-power steering, solid axle Honda Rancher. That Kodiak is an automatic with IRS and for the price quoted I assume it's a power steering machine as well. I'm not saying one is better than the other but to get all of those options in a Honda you can add another $2000-2500 to the price you paid on top of the cost increase since 2019.

I had exclusively owned Honda ATV's until 2019 when I was going to replace my 2016 Rubicon manual shift (hated the manual shift after owner 3 hondamatic Rubicons) with a new 2019 Rubicon DCT. After driving it I didn't like the way the DCT shifted so I ended up buying a Can Am Outlander 570 DPS. With a few extras added I was OTD for $7500. This was in October of 19 and the 19's were discounted as the 20's were rolling in. I was back at the same dealer getting my UTV serviced this past September and looked at the same model Outlander I bought new in 2019 except this one was camo colored and had some upgrades (headed seat, light bar, sound bar and basket racks) and the price was $13k before any fees or tt&l. I absolutely couldn't believe it. I asked the salesman if someone was interested in that machine without all of the extras could they be taken off and they said no because the labor had already been spent installing the extras and that with the machine shortage they were adding accessories/extras to all machines in order to make up for the lack of volume they were receiving. He did say one could be ordered and purchased without all of the accessories but there was no estimated lead time as to when it would arrive. So seems to me that the ATV world isn't getting any better any time soon. At least that was the case 3-4 months ago.

You right about my Rancher 420 no options, it's what I wanted at the time if I decide to get a new one might consider getting more options.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The market for new atv's and utv's hasn't gotten any better up here, I asked the local Yamaha dealer to order me a new X2 Wolverine back in Sept of last year, contacted him on Monday and they still haven't ordered it saying Yamaha told them they can't order until February. I'm now looking for a good solid newer used machine, which will save me money in the long run.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
680 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 219DW, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 81 invisible), 2,907 guests, and 1,409 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,670
Posts18,399,478
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.