Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
K
Kaleb Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
I know this has been discussed but I assume that several people have received cans since the last discussion.

Like most I shoot lots of varmints around the house barn pastures etc. all my rimfire is currently done with 22lr. I am waiting on a barrel for a 17wsm rim-x build. So I’ll use that one 17 the rest will be 22 rifle and pistol. Today I started my weight for a dead air mask and nomad ti. I’m thinking about going on and getting another mask while I’m at it and the store has one available. Just curious if others prefer something else before I get too deep with that particular one? Thank you.

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The TBAC Takedown22 is a dandy.

K
Kaleb Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Thank you. I was hoping you would weigh in since you have several.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Mask is ever so slightly quieter on the WSM, but on the .22's I kinda like the takedown better. But I really think that there really isn't a bad rimfire can.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have a Dead Air Mask and a TBAC Takedown 22. I like the TBAC a little better, but they are both really good!

I also have a Surefire Ryder 22A, an older model with aluminum baffles. The 22A is really light, but the aluminum baffles are a pain to clean. I'm planning on getting a Banish 22 or an Energetic Arms NYX, at some point. Both are lighter than the Mask or TD22, and being all titanium, they should should be much easier to clean than my 22A.

Thoroughly enjoying Alaska since 2001.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've got two Tactical Innovation Quest's, and one Dead air Mask. The Dead Air Mask is in a whole 'nother league.

The Quest's are great on 22LR rifles, but I don't consider them hearing safe on a pistol. The Dead Air Mask is hearing safe/extremely quiet on a pistol.

Next rimfire can I get, will be another Dead Air Mask.

The Dead Air Mask does have a lot of back pressure, noticeable on my Nelson 1911-22... you get a bit of powder back in the face. Not an issue with my Ruger 22/45's.

Jerry
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Si vis pacem, para bellum
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I played around with used oil filters I had, not bad, little bulky and not allowed up here. shocked

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
K
Kaleb Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Thank you fellas.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DanInAlaska
I I'm planning on getting a Banish

Not worth dealing with the time-wasting, excuse-making folks at Silencer Central. Unless that kinda chit don't matter to you.... Too many other good dealers and good choices out there. But the cans themselves are good.....

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by huntsman22

Not worth dealing with the time-wasting, excuse-making folks at Silencer Central. Unless that kinda chit don't matter to you.... Too many other good dealers and good choices out there. But the cans themselves are good.....

I read your posts about your very long wait. Now that you actually have it, what do you think of it?

I've bought several cans through Silencer Shop, so I was happy to see them pick up the Energetic Arms line of suppressors. I got to handle the NYX at a gun show earlier this year, and I was impressed at how light it was. Might go that route.

Thoroughly enjoying Alaska since 2001.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It is my fourth rimfire can. Mask, TD22, SparrowSS and this'un. It currently sits in fourth place..... It has a chance to move into third and beat out the sparrow after I get more rounds and cleanings outta 'er. But it has its work cut out, to do it.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Not legal, per se, but a buddy got wind of a plastic 3D printed suppressor intended for air guns. For academic interest only and not meant as a suggestion, but it works swell on a Stevens tip-up .22 target pistol. Obviously being made of plastic, albeit high grade impact resistant plastic, it's viability for long life is highly suspect. But, for only $25......

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Kaleb

I have a couple DA Masks, but the Griffin Optimus Micro caught my eye since it can also be used on 22 CF. I also have the Nomad Ti, I think you’ll be happy with your selections so far.

David

K
Kaleb Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Thank you. I will look into Griffin too.

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
This is what i use on my .22 wmr. Ive never tried any others though so i really have no way to compare, but im very happy with it.
https://www.sullysarms.com/product-page/22-lr-magnum

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A

So my newby question is: How do you satisfy the whole trust thing without the help of one of those sites?

Last edited by Akbob5; 11/03/22.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Akbob5

So my newby question is: How do you satisfy the whole trust thing without the help of one of those sites?

I used the Silencer Central trust but bought my suppressors elsewhere - didn’t have any issues with getting the trust completed timely. That was prob 7-8yrs ago though.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by davidsapp
Kaleb

I have a couple DA Masks, but the Griffin Optimus Micro caught my eye since it can also be used on 22 CF. I also have the Nomad Ti, I think you’ll be happy with your selections so far.

David

I have decided to get my first suppressor. I am getting one for rimfires. Why wouldn't I go with something like the Optimus Micro over a Dead Air Mask since I don't care about weight and the Optimus would allow me to use it on a 223? Would the Optimus Micro be as quiet as a Dead Air Mask?

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Rimfire is dirty and some centerfire cans have to be sent off to be cleaned. Make sure whatever can you buy it is user serviceable. This is why I would suggest against a centerfire can on 22 Rimfire.

I’m certainly not trying to stop you from buying a can cause everyone needs a 22 Rimfire can but I don’t shoot mine as much as I thought I would. Simply because I shot it so much after I got it, I had to sandblast the baffles. Now I clean it every 100 rounds.

K
Kaleb Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by davidsapp
Kaleb

David

I have decided to get my first suppressor. I am getting one for rimfires. Why wouldn't I go with something like the Optimus Micro over a Dead Air Mask since I don't care about weight and the Optimus would allow me to use it on a 223? Would the Optimus Micro be as quiet as a Dead Air Mask?

Just curious but when someone says they’re not worried about the weight I’m curious what the application is?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
419 members (280shooter, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 1_deuce, 55 invisible), 2,439 guests, and 1,155 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,723
Posts18,400,590
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.