Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Will be traveling to Port Elizabeth in May.

Have flown in/out of Johannesburg twice now. Can't say I've had wonderful experiences in Jo, but nothing terrible.

What are the logistics of flying into Port Elizabeth?

Most flights it appears have a 10-12 hour lay over, but if you're picking up a connection to you collect your fire arms at the police station and than re-check them?

Also looks like some of the better options are book tickets to Jo and than a separate ticket for the following day to Port E. Than you would have to pick them up and re-check them.

Few different options now for flying into Capetown, but outfitter only has connections/recommendations for Johannesburg.

BP-B2

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have flown into Port Elizabeth twice when I booked safaris with Frank Bowker. Had no problem either time but it was over 20 years ago so I can't tell you what it is like now.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you're traveling with firearms, you will need to fetch and clear at JNB. Once you clear firearm check you then check them in with Airlink. You will pay a firearm handling fee $40 USD.

Also they have different weight limit for checked bags - 45 pounds for Economy and 66 pounds for First class.

Give yourself plenty of time between flights and using a meet and greet to help clear your firearms is a BIG help and worth every penny.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Why aren`t you asking these questions of your travel agency? You`ll get much better answers.
Did that three times, stayed over nite in Joberg at the Aftin House. Then to PE the following day. NO problems.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Port Elizabeth is a small airport. No issues with collecting gun. It is all right there. Be careful of overage charges for baggage. I prepaid and they still tried to charge me twice. Have copies of emails to prove you have paid.

Going over we flew in J’burg and overnighted at the Afton house. Flew to PE the next day and met our PH.

On the way back flew PE to J’burg then had an 8 hour lay over. Got luggage, ate lunch, checked our baggage, found a lounge and chilled out.

IC B2

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Safair has 3 flights a day, leaving 6:15, 1:15 and 5:30 from Joberg to PE. So no matter what time you arrive in JNB, you should be able to reclaim luggage and recheck and go-no overnight needed. Flew them 3 months ago, on time, no complaints and round trip is about $130.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Here 'ya go dumbass jdollar, go defend your position in the Covtard thread you big pussy/coward.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...annical-vaxx-mass-murderers#Post17755088

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
What does your idiotic post have to do with the topic at hand? That’s right- NOTHING. I offer advice, you offer personal insults. Wonder which is more helpful to the OP.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Nothing. It has everything to do with what a lying, dishonest, pathetic Covtard POS you are. You gonna man up and defend your indefensible position, or continue to hide?

Let me ask your sorry asss something......how much help was it the multiple times you posted, referring to yourself as a doctor, that anyone who didn't get the jab was a complete, stupid, dumbass, and you advised everyone and their mother to get it no matter what. Now that it's been proven as the biggest fraud and hoax enacted on the American public in maybe forever, how helpful was that recommendation?

Last edited by JGRaider; 11/01/22.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
You gonna get a life and quit trolling me? I offer first hand advice on the original topic, you offer stupid, personal attacks that have nothing to do with the topic at hand. You really need to get a hobby……

Last edited by jdollar; 11/01/22.
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
You gonna defend yourself, or retract your position on this fraud, or hide from it like the coward that you are? Come on back and answer the question when you grow a set of 'nads.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by JGRaider
You gonna defend yourself, or retract your position on this fraud, or hide from it like the coward that you are? Come on back and answer the question when you grow a set of 'nads.

He wants amnesty for his 2 years of anti science disinformation and lies

Oops. People don’t forget

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jdollar
You really need to get a hobby……

It appears he has a hobby. And he is quite good at it!

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
And I’m sure the original poster appreciates the answers to his questions. Buying two tickets is probably the best way to go. Even on a single ticket, a rifle will still have to be cleared in Joberg, then rechecked to PE on the next leg.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
And I’m sure the original poster appreciates the answers to his questions. Buying two tickets is probably the best way to go. Even on a single ticket, a rifle will still have to be cleared in Joberg, then rechecked to PE on the next leg.

How many boosters did you wind up getting covtarddollar? Didn't think you'd man up and answer my question. Quite a disservice you're doing here, spreading false information.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have made that trip four times, most recently this past May. Use a meet and greet, give yourself a little time between flights, and you shouldn’t have a problem making the connection to PE same day

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I’m trying to help the original poster. I have no idea what you’re trying to do. Sure as [bleep] you’re not trying to answer the original question. What an idiot- you can’t stay on point if your life depended on it. Covid has [bleep] to do with the topic at hand and the only disservice is your cluttering the thread with extraneous bullshit. Of course, that is your specialty. When was the last time you were in South Africa, if ever? Do the OP a favor and take your personal attacks elsewhere.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Covtards are known liars, dishonest, and deserve the abuse they get...you've earned it. Now remind us again how anyone traveling to Africa is a complete stupid, dumbass who doesn't get the Covid shot and boosters. Do you still hold that pathetic and dishonest conclusion? Obviously you're embarrassed and hiding from it now, as you've been asked numerous times and won't answer. How do you stand? Why should we believe anything you say about anything with that opinion on a fraud "vaccine" ?

Been to Namibia 5 times, and SA once. Do the OP a favor and answer this "vax" question publicly so we will all know how full of crap you are.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Your question make zero sense. Until this year, you simply couldn’t go to Africa without a negative test and a vaccine card. All countries relaxed those requirements about 6 months ago. You can now travel there without jumping through Covid hoops. When was the last time you were there? Educate yourself about facts on the ground or shutthefuckup. And please at least answer the question about when you where there last.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
The fact is, you said that you believed in the jab, and that anyone who did not get the jab and boosters was a total freaking, stupid, idiot. That's what you said. That's a far cry from the "you have to have it to get into Africa BS you just posted". I'm educated enough on this subject to say that all the Covtards, like yourself, did this forum, and the American public, a disservice by spreading completely false, inaccurate, and totally misleading information that has been proven to be 100% false. You just won't admit it because your ego and cowardice won't let you.

Own it, or explain it. At least quit lying about what you said....

So we at the 'fire continue to be targeted by "experts" who claim the unvaxed are a bunch of dumbasses. This loser in an Accurate Reloading alumni, the American hating, Muslim loving site full of libtards and pro Bide/Fauci propoganda. He claims to be some sort of doctor and likes to hit and run on the Africa forum. Anyway, when this loser posts just know who you're dealing with, but he probably won't show on the big board because he's a coward like most of the AR alumni.

jdollar, I think I saw where you said you were going over before long. What are your thoughts on getting the COVID vaccination, and are you vaxed?

Sorry for the delayed response. Just saw this post. I leave in 4 days for the Caprivi via Doha, Joberg, and Kasane, then drive into Namibia. I and my wife( who has a PhD in nursing education) are vaccinated. As a retired physician, I consider anyone that is refusing the vaccine as stupid. It’s free insurance against a potentially fatal disease. Granted, the mortality rate is low, but the hospitalization rate isn’t for unvaccinated people. 85-90 % of people in hospitals due to COVID are unvaccinated. Enough said.
)

The virus is now ubiquitous and will remain so forever. It isn’t going away. The days of worrying about travelers spreading it are gone. All one can do now if you want to travel outside the US is follow the rules, whether it is vax or testing prior to arrival. Right now you must have a negative Covid test to re-enter the US but that regulation is expected to be lifted in the near future. Brother Raider believes the vax does no good and is dangerous. Check the graphs in the link, especially the US graph. The evidence speaks for itself.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-deaths-by-vaccination

You can’t fix stupid.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Raider, I can see you're a forgive and forget kinda guy. crazy

Let it go dude, let it go....

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
You're probably right STRS. I don't suffer liars and dishonest people very well. Too many of them around here already. Hopefully everyone else gets the point about this fraud.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I believe you have made your position on the matter crystal clear. smile

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Thanks for the responses, minus the COVID BS. Not sure how that got drug into this inquiry? Also thanks for the couple PM's, appreciate it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
148 members (257_X_50, 338Rules, 32_20fan, 358WCF, 1minute, 300_savage, 18 invisible), 1,974 guests, and 949 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,650
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.