Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Literally stumbles across this and couldn't resist. As new, less than a box of shells through it, NEF Pardner SB1 20 gauge. It has a fixed modified choke but we'll see how it patterns. Have already talked to a gunsmith about drilling it out for choke tubes, but he'll need to measure it first to determine if it's possible. Also asked him about milling a small flat spot on the receiver for a small reflex red dot sight. I thought it was a good $175 spent on one of my favorite hobbies!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by DeanAnderson; 10/30/22. Reason: add pictures

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Great snag for $175.00 !!!
If you don’t like it, I’ll take it off your hands, and give you your money back for it. 😬

Last edited by chlinstructor; 10/30/22.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's possible.........the threading for choke tubes. We've got 5 of them here. 4 done and one waiting to be done.

I send mine to William Lambert at SumToy Customs. He does great work and his tubes are second to none.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Hard to believe a break open single costs that much today. I remember my younger brother bought a brand new H&R 20 gauge for his first shotgun when he was in junior high for 39.95.

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
And bread used to be a nickle a loaf...

But yes, just like everything else...

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Congrats - that's a great price for the 20. Post pics when you pattern it. Bet it would shoot well with TSS straight 8.5 or 9s.

I have the same gun but in 12 gauge. The 12 was factory threaded for Win chokes. Had SumToy drill/tap it for fiber optic sights couple years back and patterns Hevi-13 straight #7s nicely through a .660.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself. It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409

"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer

Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Hard to believe a break open single costs that much today. I remember my younger brother bought a brand new H&R 20 gauge for his first shotgun when he was in junior high for 39.95.

They were the NWTF gun of the year in the early 90s, and that factory dipped original Mossy Oak Bottomland makes them particularly desirable. They can fetch twice that or more on the big online auction sites. Came in 20, 12 and 10 with the 20 being harder to find.

Last edited by paboxcall; 10/30/22.

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself. It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409

"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer

Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by DeanAnderson
And bread used to be a nickle a loaf...

But yes, just like everything else...
I bought a couple used singles back in that same time frame for 25 bucks apiece. I remember you could buy a new Stevens single shot .22 from the hardware store in town for 34.95 or a bolt action repeater for 44.95. Guess I'm just getting old.

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
With that information, chilinstructor, you'll need to up the anty! Lol! Thank you paboxcall and welcome to the fire!

NRA life member

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
You're heading backwards....

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
the camo dip job would cost dang near $175
good score

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
With that information, chilinstructor, you'll need to up the anty! Lol! Thank you paboxcall and welcome to the fire!

LOL. Yep. I was just messing with ya.
Like I said, great snag at that price.
I saw one at a gun store several years ago. They were asking $375 for it. 😬

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Blackheart

Yep. I remember buying a 20 gauge standard finish version way back then in a pawn shop used, but like new for $25 bucks. I cut the barrel down to 20” with a pipe cutter, and cut the rear of the butt stock off with a saw to make it a pistol grip. Kept it in our old JD 4020 Tractor for a snake gun when I’d have to spend all summer plowing our wheat fields.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by LFC
You're heading backwards....

No, just something to occupy some time and have fun with...

NRA life member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You're gonna LOVE that gun once you get it set up to kill turkeys.

I went that way about 5 springs ago. Now my SX2 and SX3 (and all the others) just sit. Your new toy is.......metal to metal.......the exact gun I started with in putting mine together.

At any reasonable turkey shooting distance, you'll never tell the difference between it and a 3 1/2" 12 gauge with lead shot.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Literally stumbles across this and couldn't resist. As new, less than a box of shells through it, NEF Pardner SB1 20 gauge. It has a fixed modified choke but we'll see how it patterns. Have already talked to a gunsmith about drilling it out for choke tubes, but he'll need to measure it first to determine if it's possible. Also asked him about milling a small flat spot on the receiver for a small reflex red dot sight. I thought it was a good $175 spent on one of my favorite hobbies!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Love it! Nice find.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dean and Yoder, you inspired me.

I always regretted not buying one when they were being produced. I was in my LGS today and found this 20 gauge 3" modified choke. It looked so good it seems the only thing is was missing was the box and manual. The bore is like new. Looks like the only wear it has is from sitting on a shelf. Not sure whoever owned it ever used it. I'm going to use it.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Nice!

NRA life member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
DANG, but that's about spotless !!! Beautiful CCH on it !!!

CONGRATS !!!!

If you decide to go all-out turkey hamma with it.......get with me. We've only had about 5 of them done. 😉👍

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The CCH does jump out. It looks really good. It's got some rust freckling from finger prints. Hopefully those will come off. That spot in the trigger was old grease and it wiped off.

I was thinking about tubing it. But I'll likely leave it as is for a squirrel gun.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 11/09/22.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (300_savage, 264mag, Anaconda, 6mmCreedmoor, 12 invisible), 1,631 guests, and 786 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,175
Posts18,465,434
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.