Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by GregW
I think every locale has their unique challenges year to year but overall the bigger issue is there are more people that take hunting seriously every year IME...

That my perception in Colorado and Utah, too..

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
BP-B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Sorry for those that didn't feel they had a good season..

Myself, at my age... If nothing else I enjoy the number of relaxing walks or the days I got to spend out with mother nature and enjoy the beauty of what Oregon's mountains can offer for scenery....

Still have until Friday.....its suppose to start raining tho tomorrow night...

a lot of people around here seem to love hunting in wet weather, because they can sneak up on the deer they think...

I'm more the fair weather type of hunter. I hate being in the rain... never minded being in the snow in Minnesota tho when I lived there for 15 years.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Been out five times so far for half-days. Saw deer twice; made my first miss so far with a crossbow on a forkie (can it be said you “made” a miss?). Last time out was an afternoon sit in a new stand on the last day of early antlerless season. Had a volunteer in about 15 minutes. So I’m not skunked, and have punched my earn-a-buck ticket which means I can shoot anything for which I have a tag for the rest of the season instead of watching them walk.

All this on a small parcel of public land 15-20 minutes from home…. Can’t complain.

What fresh Hell is this?
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
here in Minnesota weather has been very nice and kinda warm yet , hoping it cools down soon .deer opener for rifle is next Saturday Nov. 5th hoping grandson who is 10 yrs. old gets a decent whitetail and hopefully its the big 8-point that has been hanging around . tagged one archery big doe and she is tasty ! shot a decent buck antelope in Wyoming with my 257 Weatherby. good luck and be safe,Pete53 P.S. >its early yet the best part of the hunting season is coming yet for many of us , some of the biggest bucks i have shot were late in the cold archery season of December the last week.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I am working on a good ass kicking. See at the end of the week.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Seafire
Sorry for those that didn't feel they had a good season..

Myself, at my age... If nothing else I enjoy the number of relaxing walks or the days I got to spend out with mother nature and enjoy the beauty of what Oregon's mountains can offer for scenery....

Still have until Friday.....its suppose to start raining tho tomorrow night...

a lot of people around here seem to love hunting in wet weather, because they can sneak up on the deer they think...

I'm more the fair weather type of hunter. I hate being in the rain... never minded being in the snow in Minnesota tho when I lived there for 15 years.

Hunting in the rain sucks the big one!

Not only is it super uncomfortable, but from what I have seen in Northern Canada, is that when it rains, animals hunker down. Apparently they do not enjoy getting soaked either lol Snow is a different story, nice to see their fresh "Puddy Prints" :o)

Best of luck this week Seafire!

Cheers ~

KB

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Week started good. 130gr 6.5 Gamechanger made a mess. Reminiscent of the early sst’s

79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T_Inman
This year was a rough one....

I ate tags for mountain caribou, wolf, elk, mule deer, dall sheep, moose and black bear. Some of them I put a LOT of time and effort into, others not so much. Passed some small spike deer, mountain caribou and such, so I guess I did have some opportunity. I did get a boar griz and just yesterday FINALLY found a caribou to shoot.

I still have an opportunity for archery bull moose in November, but it is not a real good hunt at all. More of depredation, edge of town kind of deal. Caribou too up north but at -20F or colder and very limited daylight, I don't plan to try real hard. I could also go hunt blacktail if I really wanted to go to the trouble and expense of getting to SE Alaska, but that is OK. I guess I will put twice the normal effort into lynx and wolverine trapping and ptarmigan hunting to make up for it.

I know a lot of people's seasons haven't started yet but for those whose have, anyone else find they zigged whenever the critters zagged this year?

Mtn caribou? In Alaska?

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Yeah but the plains elk treated you well!

Experience is what you get, when you don't get what you want!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nothing thus far. Going late season cow elk and pheasants. It happens...

IC B3

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Bow deer has been bad for the most part, not seeing many deer, and few on trail cam. Rifle opens in 2 weeks,. Time will tell.

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
T_Inman Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

I ate tags for mountain caribou, wolf, elk, mule deer, dall sheep, moose and black bear. Some of them I put a LOT of time and effort into, others not so much. Passed some small spike deer, mountain caribou and such, so I guess I did have some opportunity. I did get a boar griz and just yesterday FINALLY found a caribou to shoot.

I still have an opportunity for archery bull moose in November, but it is not a real good hunt at all. More of depredation, edge of town kind of deal. Caribou too up north but at -20F or colder and very limited daylight, I don't plan to try real hard. I could also go hunt blacktail if I really wanted to go to the trouble and expense of getting to SE Alaska, but that is OK. I guess I will put twice the normal effort into lynx and wolverine trapping and ptarmigan hunting to make up for it.

I know a lot of people's seasons haven't started yet but for those whose have, anyone else find they zigged whenever the critters zagged this year?

Mtn caribou? In Alaska?

Yukon.
Guided.

79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

Mtn caribou? In Alaska?

Yukon.
Guided.

Oh... I thought you had a top secret spot. I have a bike, 30-30 with 2 shells I can travel.

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

Mtn caribou? In Alaska?

Yukon.
Guided.

Oh... I thought you had a top secret spot. I have a bike, 30-30 with 2 shells I can travel.

The Fox transfer station has a half wore out Sally blow up doll right now, but she still has some life left. I just prefer to change them out often, much like my shiit stained panties.

Travel on up on that bike with that .30 and call dibs. She'll be waiting for ya.

79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

Mtn caribou? In Alaska?

Yukon.
Guided.

The Fox transfer station has a half wore out Sally blow up doll right now, but she still has some life left. I just prefer to change them out often, much like my shiit stained panties.

Travel on up on that bike with that .30 and call dibs. She'll be waiting for ya.

Gees that sounds like a pretty hostile comment towards Nugget?? Far as blow up dolls I find those all the time, they are actually great scare crows chasing off the birds from my little garden I grow in the summer here at the dump. I hear you on chit stained undies all I can afford is 1x ply toilet paper.

Last edited by 79S; 10/31/22.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Hostile towards the Nugget?
No way. Just relaying to a brother where to find some lightly used nookie.

79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Hostile towards the Nugget?
No way. Just relaying to a brother where to find some lightly used nookie.

I'm thinking about, Trying to find my boat anchor with a rope on it so I can latch onto a semi headed north.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I did.
I struggled to stay motivated.
I was in good enough shape, but the hunting drive just wasn't there.
I've got a lot of personal things going on that kept my mind out of the hunt.
I'll try to redeem myself next year.

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Hang in there,

LOL
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I ate my SE NM muzzleloader mule deer tag. I still have AZ Coues next month and a late January Barbary. Hopefully this streak ends.

Last edited by ggarcia85; 10/31/22.
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
676 members (10Glocks, 1Akshooter, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 76 invisible), 3,171 guests, and 1,460 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,678
Posts18,399,550
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.